Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.P. MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from nasal congestion last one year. I how to prevent excess mucus production naturally kind suggests any.
I had sex on 3 rd night nd I was due for periods 3rd or 4th. I had a pill 5th morning being so sure that my bf cum inside. I have not had periods as yet. How long will it take?
I am doing a job in software company from seven years my weight is increasing from seven months what can I do?
Hi doctor I hqve little pimples and redness on my skin so please constant me ayurvedic tips to reduce it one or two would be okay for me dode Thanks doc Jay patel.
My child is 3.5 years old , he is suffering from cold cough and fever every month. Which lead to asthma like problem in breathing and we give him nebulization. This trend follow every month. Kindly help us.
I dnt have vaginal orgasm. But clitoral orgasm is fine. A doctor consulted me to take damiaplant, 20 drops with water twice a day, but I read on internet, that the medicine is for males.
There is a commonly held view that eating disorders are a lifestyle choice. Eating disorders are actually serious and often fatal illnesses that cause severe disturbances to a person's eating behaviors. Obsessions with food, body weight, and shape may also signal an eating disorder.
Signs and Symptoms of Common Eating Disorders are discussed below:
People with anorexia nervosa may see themselves as overweight, even when they are dangerously underweight. People with anorexia nervosa typically weigh themselves repeatedly, severely restrict the amount of food they eat, and eat very small quantities of only certain foods. Anorexia nervosa has the highest mortality rate of any mental disorder.
- Extremely restricted eating
- Extreme thinness (emaciation)
- A relentless pursuit of thinness and unwillingness to maintain a normal or healthy weight
- Intense fear of gaining weight
- Distorted body image, a self-esteem that is heavily influenced by perceptions of body weight and shape, or a denial of the seriousness of low body weight
Other symptoms may develop over time, including:
- Thinning of the bones (osteopenia or osteoporosis)
- Mild anemia and muscle wasting and weakness
- Brittle hair and nails
- Dry and yellowish skin
- Growth of fine hair all over the body (lanugo)
- Severe constipation
- Low blood pressure, slowed breathing and pulse
- Damage to the structure and function of the heart
- Brain damage
- Multiorgan failure
- Drop in internal body temperature, causing a person to feel cold all the time
- Lethargy, sluggishness, or feeling tired all the time
People with bulimia nervosa have recurrent and frequent episodes of eating unusually large amounts of food and feeling a lack of control over these episodes. This binge-eating is followed by behavior that compensates for the overeating such as forced vomiting, excessive use of laxatives or diuretics, fasting, excessive exercise, or a combination of these behaviors. People with bulimia nervosa usually maintain what is considered a healthy or relatively normal weight.
- Chronically inflamed and sore throat
- Swollen salivary glands in the neck and jaw area
- Worn tooth enamel and increasingly sensitive and decaying teeth as a result of exposure to stomach acid
- Acid reflux disorder and other gastrointestinal problems
- Intestinal distress and irritation from laxative abuse
- Severe dehydration from purging of fluids
- Electrolyte imbalance (too low or too high levels of sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals) which can lead to stroke or heart attack
People with binge-eating disorder lose control over his or her eating. Unlike bulimia nervosa, periods of binge-eating are not followed by purging, excessive exercise, or fasting. As a result, people with binge-eating disorder often are overweight or obese. Binge-eating disorder is the most common eating disorder.
- Eating unusually large amounts of food in a specific amount of time
- Eating even when you're full or not hungry
- Eating fast during binge episodes
- Eating until you're uncomfortably full
- Eating alone or in secret to avoid embarrassment
- Feeling distressed, ashamed, or guilty about your eating
- Frequently dieting, possibly without weight loss
Unspecified Eating Disorder:
- This happens when the behavior do not meet the criteria for any food or eating problems but still pose significant threat and problems.
- This also happens the clinician is not able to assess whether an individual is affected by a certain disorder.
Treatment is available. Recovery is possible.
Eating disorders are serious health conditions that can be both physically and emotionally destructive. People with eating disorders need to seek professional help. Early diagnosis and intervention may enhance recovery. Eating disorders can become chronic, debilitating, and even life-threatening conditions.
When you begin to notice that disordered eating habits are affecting your life, your happiness, and your ability to concentrate, it is important that you talk to somebody about what you are going through.
The most effective and long-lasting treatment for an eating disorder is some form of psychotherapy or psychological counseling, coupled with careful attention to medical and nutritional needs. Ideally, this treatment should be tailored to the individual and will vary according to both the severities of the disorder and the patient's particular problems, needs, and strengths.
Hi Dr. I am 28 years old I have eye site by birth now I want to control that eye site give me tips I am vegetarian.
Hii doctor!! I'm a girl of 18 years. I have dark circles on my face near eyes. They look very bad. Some people say that it is due to lack of calcium while other say due to heredity and some other factors. What should I do to remove them and what may be the actual reason for them. I really want to remove them from my face. They look very bad and they affect the beauty of my face. I request you to please give me suggestions regarding this problem thanking you..
I am 24 years old male. I'm using eyeglasses from my childhood but my site is getting increased. Before 2 years eye site of left and right were 0.75 and 0.25 respectively but now it is increased to 1.00 and 0.75. I am using computer more than 6 hours a day. Will it affect my eye.
How to get 5 cm chest expecting for police job. Any exercise or food. And I have 83 cm chest how to get 86 cm in 2months. Hight.21 years old male, 5.5 hight.
Which shampoo is best for dry and rough hair and is there any side effects if I wash my hair everyday?
Lybrate doctor advice me kojic acid vitamin c cream creazplus But it is not effective Please advice me good skin lightning cream for remove darkness and spot of pimple.
Communication is the key. Talk to your family, friends and professionals telling them how they can help and how you are feeling. Accept offers of help.