Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Br ChawaraYour feedback matters!
HIV, which is short for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, penetrates your body and directly attacks your immune system. In this process, the virus weakens your body's natural defense mechanism against diseases and infections. A compromised immune system makes the body prone to minor infections, which healthy people would generally overcome. The virus itself doesn't cause any physical symptoms. It only serves to ease the entry of other bacteria and viruses into the body.
The following are some of the ways HIV affects your body:
1. Immune system - The human immunodeficiency virus destroys CD4 cells, the white blood cells that help the immune system ward off foreign substances. If left unchecked, HIV can develop into AIDS. During such time, the virus may damage the immune system to an extent that it wouldn't be able to ward off minor infections that a healthy immune system would. A person with HIV could thus suffer from fever, chills, sweats, shortness of breath, white spots in the mouth, fatigue, skin rash and weight loss from time to time.
2. Respiratory system - As HIV develops into AIDS, the body can contract infections such as pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP), tuberculosis and Kaposi's sarcoma. These conditions lead to serious respiratory problems. PCP is found to be one of the most common infections among people with HIV. 85% of the people would develop the infection if the condition is left untreated.
3. Skin problems - As in healthy individuals, many skin conditions can also occur in people with HIV or AIDS. But a compromised immune system heightens the condition and causes difficulty in treatment. Dermatitis, psoriasis, and hives are common conditions. They are also prone to a rare type of skin cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma.
4. Gastrointestinal System - Gastrointestinal disorders are the most common ailments for people diagnosed with HIV and AIDS. Problems faced include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, abdominal pain and gastrointestinal bleeding. 50% of the people suffering from HIV encounter gastrointestinal disorders at some point of their illness.
Related Tip: Bananas Have the Potential to Prevent HIV Infection
I got married 3 month earlier, I feel too much early ejaculation within 2 minute during sex, sometime I noticed sperm with urin, and sometimes I don't feel erection in my penis. Kindly suggest me some good medicine and what need to do for better sex life.
I am not married but am somany times. Sex. Atamted some times am not sex atamt so in my sex part started time up and with in. Five. Scans lo down. So. This. Problem solved.
Sir, mai kuch tym se sex problem ko lekar pareshan hu. Maine kch tym se tablet ka use kiya. To confidence kam ho gya h.r hastmathun bhi kiya. N wo tightpan hai ab. R n jaldi khada hota hai. Apko khul k bta rha hu please meri help kariye. Kabhi kabhi gf samne hoti h r m kch ni kr pata hu.
I have too much headache past 3 days and I used many kinds of tablets like crocin anacin disprin etc but after one and two hours headache repeated.
I am a 62 year male. I had a urinary tract infection recently and cured with a course of antibiotics. While investigating doctor had advised a cy scan of abdomen. The report is normal except that the urinary bladder is showing a diverticula of size 15x7.5x13.8cm with a communication measuring 2.7 cm. It also shows a calculus of 2 mm there is np mass lesion in bladder or diverticulam. The diverticulum is not an acquired one my doctor is of the view that there is nothing to be anxious.
I have headache in left side after my periods which lasts up to 2-3 days pain killer gives no relief what should I do.
I am having burning sensation tip of pennis. It look reddish .Urine is normal. Bt getting burning pain while passing urine. please suggest medicines.
Here I want to be very open and frank to you about this. While doing sex is it good for a man to lick, suck, the pussy. I dnt knw how you feel wen I am asking you this question. Bt I am afraid. I want to knw about this. Is there any harm in it.
Dear sir I have a problem so please give it's true or not. I got a operation when I am in the age 15. For my Testes or testicles. Due to (wen I am playing cricket ball hit to penis and Testes or testicles) that time after 2 days mine one of the Testes or testicles became hard like stone. I concern doctor immediately but doctor said blood Colt in the Testes or testicles nerve. Doctor said through injection we will cure that Colt. Finally it's not work .and they ready for operation. They did operation it's cured. But after 3 to 4 months passes my Testes or testicles keep decrease in size. After 1 year my Testes or testicles became very very small. Now I have only one Testes or testicles. Now my problem is I can't make baby. Did my sperm week. There is a problem in sperm. I am asking the question I can make baby or not through one Testes or testicles. I can satisfy my girl. And I can take long period of sex with one Testes or testicles. And it ll effect to the my body. Please answer my question. I can make pregnancy for my girl or not. I can't share this things with mom and dad and my girl also. So reply for this. Sir please please.
Cashew nuts are extremely nutritious. They are packed with energy, fiber, anti-oxidants, vitamins and various minerals, all of which are essential for the normal functioning of the body. These kidney-shaped nuts are not only delicious but are loaded with tons of health benefits, which are:
1.Dental benefit - The chemicals present in cashew nuts kills gram positive bacteria and other dental afflictions that can cause tooth decay. Cashews are rich in minerals like calcium and phosphate, which are essential nutrients for dental health. They are known to strengthen the enamel of the teeth, and research shows that cashews can remove abscessed teeth although no conclusive evidence has yet been found.
2. Eye health - Zea-xanthin, an important antioxidant, present in small amounts in cashew nuts helps to improve eye health. This antioxidant, which gets selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea of the eye (responsible for filtering UV rays), helps to slow down age-related macular degeneration of vision.
3. Weight loss - Although cashew nuts are fat rich food, they help in shedding weight. They contain good fat out of which 75% of is unsaturated. This unsaturated fat provides more energy to the body, which helps in improving metabolism. Thus, it helps in weight loss, if consumed in moderation.
4. Aids in brain function - The human brain depends on two types of fat to function. They are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Cashew nuts contain both of these fats and help in the dual functions of producing brain cells and improving oxygen circulation in the brain, which aids in improving memory.
5. Healthy heart - Cashew nuts are rich in several monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic and palmitoleic acid that help in the proper functioning of the heart. These crucial fatty acids help in lowering the harmful lipoprotein, and in increasing the level of good cholesterol. The monounsaturated fatty acids also help to prevent coronary artery diseases by reducing triglyceride levels.
Ways to Include Cashews in your diet: It is more advisable to much the cashew just as they are. A fried/salty variety adds more calories. You can also use it as a garnish or use it in your shakes or dips (soaked and grinded). Add a few cashews to your bowl of cereal in the morning, or a few steamed ones to your plate of sauteed vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.