Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bl Patnaik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bl PatnaikYour feedback matters!
Sir I have done sex with my bf before 3months in jan and my periods come in feb first after that I did nt do sex with my bf and now in this month I didn't have periods I do not sex with my bf after that pls tell me why my periods late I have also check my pregnancy on pregnancy test kit but my test is negative so tell me medicine whose help me to come out my periods am unmarried pls help me.
I and my gf want to have sex. We are fearing about pregnancy. Other than condom what contraceptive should we use.
It's 6th month started of my wife's pregnancy the problem is in tha starting of 6 month she has feels baby's movement but 4 to 5 days now she says that there is no movement happen that it's 3rd day and she complaint that why baby is not moving Why is this happening is there any problem or its common And also she is complaining the pain in stomach (she has a gas problem) so is it possible that this pain arises due to gas.
Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely beneficial in preventing inflammation in your body and provide significant health benefits. It is important to get a proper source of omega-3 because our bodies do not produce them naturally. Hence, we are dependent on supplements and pills to help provide the necessary amount of omega-3 required.
Unfortunately, fish is considered to be the best source for omega-3 fatty acids making it difficult for vegetarians and people who don’t have a preference for fish to obtain omega-3. There are other ways to include omega-3 in your daily diet, apart from fish, to help your body get the right amount.
Soybeans provide consistent means of getting omega 3 vitamins, as compared to marine life. Since the supply of fish is highly unreliable, it is essential to obtain omega 3 vitamins through a consistent land based means. Soybeans is easier to obtain and grow and has a higher shelf life than fish.
Spinach is one of the most healthiest vegetables to consume, containing high source of protein and fiber. Spinach also has omega 3 vitamins which provide a good alternative for vegetarians. One cup of cooked spinach contains 371mg of omega 3 fatty acids. No wonder spinach is ranked at the top of the world’s healthiest edible items.
We have already written about the benefits of walnuts when it comes to dieting and leading a healthy lifestyle. But did you know walnuts also have high omega 3 content? not only do they provide energy because of their high caloric content and keep you feeling full, walnuts provide an alternative means to get omega 3 vitamins if you are feeling a little lazy to cook.
4. Flax seeds
Flax seeds are a convenient way to get omega 3 and could be consumed in different ways. Although flax seeds contain only one member of the omega 3 fatty acids, alpha-linolenic acid, it has the highest amount of omega 3 found in all edible items apart from fish. Flax seeds can be included in pretty much any dish and make it a high source of omega 3 vitamins.
5. Wild rice
Wild rice is a good substitute for white or brown rice because it contains more antioxidents and is also gluten-free. It has high omega 3 content and is also a much healthier substitute to white rice. Although wild rice is not as readily available as white or brown rice, because of its high nutritional value, it is recommended to include it as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Surprisingly, basil is one of the many herbs found to have high source of omega-3. It also has several significant health benefits because of the anti-oxidants present in them. The anti-oxidants helps in preventing aging by helping your body fight against oxidative stress.
7. Kidney beans
Kidney beans are a great addition to any dish providing it with unique flavour and texture. Although it doesn’t compare to fish in omega-3 content, it provides adequate amount to help your health significantly. It also is a great source of fiber, which helps prevent any digestive problems. Include kidney beans in your diet.
I had protective sex with my girlfriend and I use condom. But doubt fully I gave her unwanted 72 within three hours. I use condom also. Her M. C date two days after. If any chance of pregnancy of in my case. Please reply me.
I had ectopic pregnancy and it was cured 5 months ago i.e on 5 June by methotrexate tablets 2.5 mg .I had unprotected intercourse on 16th day of my period i.e on November 16 and I have taken unwanted 72 pill immediately after intercourse. Is there any chance of having normal pregnancy or another ectopic pregnancy? If Emergency contraceptive pills fails does it results in ectopic pregnancy?
Hello Doctor, Cystic SOL seen in my right ovary. What problem I face in my regular life. Please suggest.
Sir, I have done sex with prostitute 5 to 6 times .sir 45 days ago I did sex with a prostitute and after that after 10 days I suffered from cough and cold thereafter I got recovered and again after one month I did sex with other prostitute and a drunk rum on the same day and there after I took bath on the next day I suffered from heavy dry cough and cold. And it lasts for 4 days and after my converted with sputum. And it is still continuing to a little extent and 15 days before I skipped two day breakfast and after that I got sudden jerk on my pain and I felt tingling and prick. There after taking medicines lik antihistamine. The tingling a pain or jerk converted to on the internal part of my body. I feel to little extent sweat at night from 3 days. Now I took amoxicillin and I got pain on my penis and after urination ok. Sir guide me m I suffering from any std or what. I am afraid to get test.
Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful Ayurvedic herbs and is commonly known as the Indian ginseng. Ashwagandha can be loosely translated to mean the ‘strength of ten horses’. It can be used to treat a number of diseases, relieve stress and fatigue, helps heal injuries and may also be used as an aphrodisiac and can help prevent male infertility.
- Ashwagandha helps rejuvenate the body: This herb not only calms a person down, but also restores the balance of their body. Hence, it is also known as rayasana or a herb that rejuvenates. Ashwagandha stimulates the immune system and boosts the production of white blood cells thereby, elevating levels of antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. The effects of this herb on a person’s nervous system and endocrine system can also harmonise the body, mind and spirit.
- It increases positivity: Stress and anxiety can lead to negative thinking and ultimately to depression. By fighting stress Ashwagandha helps negate these problems and instead boosts positive thinking. It may also be used to treat depression itself.
- It helps regenerate nerve cells: Along with diseases such as asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema and gynaecological disorders, Ashwagandha can also be used to treat neuro-degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s. It helps regenerate nerve cells and dendrite growth and even improves communication between nerve cells. This stimulates the body’s ability to heal any damage to the nervous system.
- It enhances memory and treats insomnia: Ashwagandha is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies to treat insomnia. It not only helps you fall asleep faster but can also improve your sleep quality. A restful sleep increases a person’s ability to concentrate and prevents drowsiness through the day. Ashwagandha also increases the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. This has a direct effect on boosting memory and elevating brain functioning and intelligence. Ashwagandha also increases the production of nitric oxide that helps regulate blood flow and blood pressure thus elevating the brain’s oxygen levels.
- It boosts libido: Ashwagandha helps optimise the functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps deal with both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Similarly, this Ayurvedic herb also benefits the adrenal glands and thus influences the overall mental and physical health of a person. The functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands have a direct effect on a person’s sexual health and libido. Thus by enhancing the functioning of these glands, Ashwagandha improves sexual health and boosts libido. The nitric oxide produced by Ashwagandha also helps improve fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Our lives are surrounded by germs and organisms that can affect human bodies in the most adverse ways possible. It is seen that a lot of diseases attack us when we either touch something that is contaminated or consume something that contains the germs, such as food or water. While it may be common to catch diseases and suffer from illnesses because of food or water, another way of catching a disease is by way of inhaling the germs. In such cases, the nose and the respiratory system get most affected and this is something that even causes serious issues such as Rhinoscleroma.
Rhinoscleroma is mainly a nasal disease and affects the nose in most cases, but in a lot of cases, the disease also spread to other respiratory organs and causes much more havoc in the body. The disease is caused due to a bacterial infection. When the bacteria comes in contact with the nasal passage or gets inhaled, the person may fall prey to the condition. The disease leads to obstruction in breathing and may need to be treated immediately. Though the disease in itself is not fatal, but some of the symptoms of the disease may cause great problems and may lead to fatal consequences.
The symptoms of rhinoscleroma:
In order to be able to fight the problem of Rhinoscleroma and to be able to attain a quick diagnosis, it may be important to know the basic symptoms of the disease. If you are aware of the symptoms, you may be able to see a dermatologist with greater urgency and the disease can be brought under control in a more effective manner. The following are some of the symptoms of the nasal and respiratory disease:
- You may see granulomatous growth in the nasal cavity or immediately around the nose; these are small swellings that are made up of immune cells.
- The disease may also be symptomized by nose bleeds in a lot of people.
- A feeling of obstruction may be common in the people that develop Rhinoscleroma.
- There may be instances where patients may also suffer from loss of sense of smell.
- The soft palate that is present at the back of the roof of the mouth hardens in a number of patients who suffer from Rhinoscleroma.
- Some patients also complain of developing a hoarse voice as a result of the infection.
Rhinoscleroma is known to be a hindrance in regular life and as soon as some symptoms or the disease are recognized, you should make sure to check with your dermatologist. The expert in the dermatology may suggest you to go through a course of oral medications. While in some cases, patients may have to undergo a surgery. In any case, a proper diagnosis should be carried out so that an effective treatment may be taken. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!