Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhavna Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavna AgarwalYour feedback matters!
How girl comes too knw that they r pregnant means tell me the norml symptom in detail quickly (first week after sex)
I and my wife had unprotected sex on 15th January she had I pill after 3 hours of sex. Her actual period date is 22 January until now she has not had her periods is she pregnant or delay in periods?
I am 26 years old. I have already 3 miscarriage. Now I am pregnant. My lmp is 29.7.2017. GA by LMP 7w 3 days. Early intrauterine Gestation of 4-5 weeks (19.9.2017) in scan report. Yolk sac not seen but fetal pole seen and cardiac activity noted. MSD in 0.49 cm. Corpus luteum cyst 1.8x1.6 cm in left overy. And seedling fibroid 0.7x0.5 cm in anterior wall close to the lower uterine segment. This pregnancy is normal or not. It is continued or not. HCG level 645 (11.9.2017) and 1140 (18.9.2017). This baby is normal or not please reply.
Light periods refer to menstrual periods that have very light flow and are characterized by a lesser number of days than usual. Although the menstrual cycles vary from a woman to another, the duration for a normal period is around every 28 days. Each period lasts for approximately four to seven days. The amount of blood loss in a normal period is around 20 ml to 80 ml. However, loss of blood below 20 ml can be considered as light periods.
The causes of light periods can vary for different woman. Some of them are:
- An imbalance in hormone levels in the body like PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).
- Light periods are most common in women who are approaching menopause. This is because, at this time, women tend to produce less estrogen, a hormone responsible for regulating menstrual periods.
- Light periods can be common in girls who have just started to menstruate.
- Excessive bouts of exercise, a thyroid condition or an eating disorder can be also responsible for light periods in women.
- Women who use hormonal or oral contraceptives may also have a chance of experiencing light periods.
- An important cause of scanty menses is implantation bleeding. That means sometimes, despite being pregnant, little amount of bleeding can happen at the expected time of menses in the first three months of Pregnancy. So it's important to rule out pregnancy at the earliest.
Certain symptoms usually follow light periods. These symptoms vary according to the underlying causes of this condition.
Some of the common symptoms which accompany light periods are:
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent infections, namely yeast and other fungal infections
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Missed periods
In some cases, light periods might turn out to be a sign of a fatal condition that should be immediately administered to. An example of such would be an ectopic pregnancy, which can cause light or heavy bleeding. Although light periods are rarely due to serious diseases, neglect can lead to heightened complications and irreversible damage.
Some of the complications can are:
- Serious discomfort and pain
- Difficulty in conception or infertility
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia