Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bharti JagirdarYour feedback matters!
When the immune system of the body reacts against the tissues of its own body, it is called an autoimmune disorder. To put it more dramatically, the body becomes its own enemy. The immune system of your body keeps fighting disease causing germs and bacteria, but in rare cases, the immune system might malfunction and fight its own body causing different disorders. These disorders may be caused due to genetic issues or due to mutations. According to ayurveda, autoimmune disorders are a result of constant unhealthy lifestyle and diet. Ayurveda works at the root cause of the disease where it starts treating the malfunctioning immune system.
Here is how ayurveda treats autoimmune disorders:
- Toxin removal: Ayurveda starts working on removing the toxins from the body. According to ayurveda, toxins or ama in the body interfere with the proper functioning of the immune system, which often leads to autoimmune diseases. Usually shunthi, haritaki, pippali, maricha, hingu and saindhav lavan are used to detoxify the body.
- Metabolism correction: Not only will ayurveda detoxify the body, but it will also correct the metabolism which gets messed up when afflicted with an autoimmune disorder. Neem, guggulu, guduchi, vasa, patola patra and ghrita are used to correct the metabolism.
- Increase in ojus production: Ojus is the component which helps in the nourishment of the immune system. It is generally received from the food you eat. Due to dysfunctional immune system causing the impairment of metabolism, production of ojas decreases to almost nil. Hence ayurveda increases its production. Guduchi, haridra, manjishtha, amalaki, nirgundi, yashtimadhu and pippali are used to increase ojha production.
- Immune system correction: Lastly, ayurveda works at correcting the immune system. If the immune system is not corrected, then the above treatment procedure will just be useless. Ghrita, haritaki, bahera, amalaki, ela and dadim are used generally to calm the immune system and rejuvenate it. They help correct the immune system for normal functioning.
Autoimmune disorders may not be easily treated, but that doesn't mean you cannot expect it to cure or witness a miracle. You just need some faith and confidence alongside proper treatment and you are ready to roll.
Here are some Do's and Don'ts at the time of high risk pregnancy
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"
Dr I am 25 year old I had intercourse with my husband on 7 april. and my last periods were on 2 april. On 9 april I had taken unwanted 72. But from 15 april m having little bit of bleeding. So is it normal after taking such pills. Or?
I have already done Hsg test which shows the result as my right tubical block. There after now I been suggested to do laparoscopy surgery. So I wanted to know will this laparoscopy surgery b helpful for me to conceive or not?
Sir please answer my query as I am bit confused, whether I can take apcal c tablet, I am 4 month pregnant with low lying placenta which was detected in my 3rd months scan.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STD infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.
On the other hand, only miniscule amounts of steroid medication enter the bloodstream after inhaling it. The reasons for this difference include the following. First, steroids used for inhalational treatment of asthma are designed not cross well from the surface of the bronchial tubes into the bloodstream. Somewhat like applying a steroid cream to the skin, they are poorly absorbed from the surface into the blood. Second, only very small amounts of steroid medication are delivered from the inhalers with each dose or "puff" Less medicine is needed when it can be directly applied to the affected area. We measure the amounts of steroids inhaled in micrograms, which are units one thousand times smaller than the milligrams by which we measure prednisone or Medrol® tablets.
When breathed in, some steroid medicine remains in the mouth and can be swallowed into the stomach and from there absorbed into the bloodstream. You can minimize any effect from steroids left behind in your mouth in two ways. First, use a spacer tube with your steroid spray. (A spacer can not be used with budesonide [Pulmicort®] dry powder inhaler.) Medicine that would otherwise land on your tongue and mouth stays in the spacer chamber. The part of the spray that passes through the spacer also tends to pass through your mouth and proceed down onto the bronchial tubes. Second, rinse your mouth with water after inhaling the steroid spray. Rinsing removes any medicine residue from your mouth. The portion of the medicine that helps your asthma remains undisturbed on your bronchial tubes.
So much for the theory; what about the actual experience with steroids in inhaled form? The current generation of steroid inhalers first began to be used in the mid 1960s. For more than three decades they have been prescribed for millions of people with asthma and other lung diseases worldwide. No serious long-term adverse effects have emerged. For adults, given in the usual doses, they do not cause degeneration (atrophy) of the normal tissues of the respiratory passageway. They do not predispose to lung infections. They do not cause cancer, diabetes, or high blood pressure.
We need to look more carefully at the two phrases used above: "for adults" and "in the usual doses" Children's bones may be sensitive to the very small amounts of steroids that can enter the bloodstream after inhalation. There is currently debate ? and considerable on-going research ? to determine whether in children inhaled steroids might slow bone growth and reduce a child's ultimate height.
Also, when given in very large doses (many puffs from a high-concentration steroid inhaler), the amount of steroid medicine that spills over into the bloodstream can become significant. Although the effect is small, like a very small dose of prednisone, over the years this small effect can potentially add up to serious harmful effects. High doses of inhaled steroids taken for a long time can probably predispose to cataracts, glaucoma, and thinning of the skin and bones. As a result, your doctor will probably only have you take high doses of inhaled steroids as a means to avoid steroid tablets. And he/she will constantly work with you to attempt to reduce the dose of inhaled steroids to a more conventional and safer range.
Remember that not taking inhaled steroids for fear of side effects may have real consequences that are far worse than potential effects in the future; namely, asthma symptoms and risk of asthma attacks now. Severe asthma attacks are usually treated with steroid tablets, which all agree have the worst side effects.
Dr. Mujhe period aaye huye 10 din ho gaye. Mai child ki plan kar rahi hu. To mai kin dino mai sex karu. Please.
I am 28 years, I am planning for baby, every month I thought to get pregnant but every month I get my periods. No physical problems right now. What should I do to get pregnant fast?
I am 29 yrs old. I hav 1 kid. Two three days. Am havng frequent urination and my sleep is disturbed at night. Today am having gas problem also. Is that early signs of pregnancy? my last period was on 14th april.
Hi doctor. I am suffering from PCOS since college days. However on a routine health check up I did last year dint show PCOS. Currently I am continuously having my periods since end of December, however before I use to either get less or nothing. Now however the flow is less but it's continuous. Evrytyme I go to the gynaecologist they as me to tk sonography. Is there something wrong here. Also we r looking to conceive soon however with this I don't think we can. Can you help please.
Thyroid disorders result, when thyroid hormones are produced in higher or lower amounts than the normal values. This is because the hormones released from the thyroid are central to metabolism and can cause constitutional changes in the body. The two major hormones released from the thyroid are thyroxine, t4 and triiodothyronine, t3. Both hormones increase basal metabolic rates. When the levels of t4 and t3 in the body goes above the normal range, hyperthyroidism is diagnosed. When the levels of t4 and t3 in the body fall below the normal range, hypothyroidism is diagnosed. These thyroid hormones are under the control of another hormone called thyroid-stimulating hormone or tsh which is secreted in the pituitary gland. Both an underactive (hypothyroidism) and an overactive (hyperthyroidism) thyroid can cause serious health problems and require urgent treatment.
Symptoms of thyroid disorders--
Sleepines, fatigue, memory loss, attention deficits, confusion, slowness, increased stress, depression, paranoid depression, hallucinations, constipation, decreased libido, infertility, lowered stamina, hair loss, dry, rough, pale and itchy skin, cold intolerance, abnormal menstrual cycles, hoarse voice and slow speech, puffy swollen face and dull facial expressions, irritability, oedema, goiter, mood swings, snoring, muscles and joints ache, slow heart beat, risk of heart disease, liver abnormalities, high cholesterol and triglycerides, hypertension.
Thyroid disorders are especially well suited to homeopathy. There are excellent remedies in homeopathy for the patients suffering from thyroid symptoms. The homeopathic remedy selected will be based on all the symptoms of the patient including physical, mental and emotional states and family history of the patient. Homeopathic remedies stimulate the body's own immune system and offer a long lasting cure rather than giving temporary relief.
Dr. Ruchita chandra a trained renowned homeopath who is well known for treating those cases which have been incurable, and has successfully treated several patients with thyroid disorders.