Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharat
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. BharatYour feedback matters!
मै ४८ वर्ष का हूं मेरी कमर मै दर्द करीब एक माह से है ़और मेरी ओठ मे सात माह से एक छाला है जिसकी ऊपर त्वचा नही आ रही है
I am having back pain. Recently.I never had this before. I have lower back pain. I play volleyball. I can't stop playing n I think that my back pain is caused when ever I play game. Help please.
Hello everyone, I had joined gym for 2 months but from last 15 day I have joint cracking sound. I want to know what is the reason of this sound from legs knee, thigh joints, and arms joints. Is this because of calcium deficiency or due to not intake of ghee please reply it is important for me.
Burning sensation in carotid arteries. And pain in head above the air. Feeling tiredness and nausea. Sometimes pain in my heart and in my left shoulder joint. I'm 26 years old 70 kg.
Sir/Ma'am After suffering from Typhoid I have joint pain from 2 years Please suggest me any medicine Or oil Or food.
Low back pain (LBP) is very commonly seen in patients as it’s the fifth most common reason to visit a doctor. This is seen in almost 60-80% of people in their lifetime.
What Are The Causes Of Lower Back Pain?
It can be divided into following categories -
- Radicular Syndromes
- Radicular Pain e.g. Sciatica
- Spinal Stenosis
- Specific Spinal Pathologies
- Non-Specific Low Back Pain (NSLBP)
There are various causes of low back pain but often the cause is not clear. There are various factors which can cause or aggravate the low back pain. such as:
Can Physiotherapy Help In Reducing Low Back Pain?
Physiotherapy is very effective in low back pain. A physiotherapist can assess the cause and decide the line of treatment. The earlier you start the treatment better is the prognosis. Physiotherapy not only helps in reducing the pain it can change the pathology so the posture and also chances of recurrence.
Methods of treatment are-
- Manual therapy (hands-on mobilization of the joints in your back) - skilled physiotherapists use precise hands-on techniques, it relieves stiffness and improves movement of the joints and muscles of your spine.
- Movement exercises- Most physiotherapists advises these exercises, generally known as the McKenzie method. It decreases radiating or referred pain and restores motion. Physiotherapy is helpful in chronic low back pain also. These first two methods are beneficial in chronic low back pain.
- Strengthening and core exercises- It mainly works on core stability and endurance, which strengthens your muscles.
- Educating for prevention- It is very important to take care after the recovery also because there can be a recurrence of it. So, by taking proper care you can avoid the future recurrence of the low back pain.
- Restoring activity- In minor low back pain, it’s good to get back to your activity as early as possible. Now bed rest for long period is not advised. The more you get active it helps to reduce pain and the recovery is also fast in those cases.
By all these methods, you can easily come over low back pain. But it’s always important to consult a physiotherapist rather than treating by yourself. Because it can’t treat the cause it can just reduce the suffering temporarily. Only a physiotherapist can advise you appropriate exercises which will improve your low back pain. Also, can give you other suggestions which are right and safe for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!