Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhagath
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhagathYour feedback matters!
I have a skin problem on my face since from two years and I have consulted lot of doctors but my problem is un solved some doctors told that I have fungus on my face so please suggest me how to solve my problem thank you.
I have pigmentation on my nose and also started on lightly on chin, currently using sunscreen lotion. Usually this pigmentation called mango in telugu. Can you help me how to get rid of this.
HiI am a 20 year old girl and I have dark lips which I can't used pink on my lips cause when I applied them it dn't hide the darkness instead I looks more darker than before. So which colour of Maybelline babylips should I used to hide it?
I am a student and have a busy schedule. I have an oily face how can I reduce my oil over face permanently. What kind of diet should I take. Or what kind of things I need to avoid.
I am suffering from itching after waxing on my body. On legs red rashes appear after two days of waxing and also spots of scratching is there.
My acth is high which is 71.20 and cortisol is normal, symptoms are darking of face, dull face, my face look so tanned, acne which is not going away, and muscle loss what to do please help. From January to august I was so hungry my stomach never get full whatever I eat small or large but my appetite is back now, but these symptoms came,
Sir 2 weeks before I had some red spots on my pennis area but now I am seeing small bumps which are itchy sir pls help me can't it go on it's own or should I have to go to the doctor.
PAST YEAR MY Doctor recognised a problem of anal fissure in me which is cured after few month by sits bath as prescribed by my doctor ,but from last months the problem arises again few points which I noted during this that my rectum is very hard due to which feel a little pain not as much please provide some solution or if there's any diet plan regarding this then please tell me.
There are so many skin conditions one has to deal with in day to day lives, two of them being fungal skin infection and scalp infection. These could be a result of poor hygiene, weather change or result of an underlying illness. Given the fact that skin comes in contact with the external environment, it sometimes becomes impossible to prevent ourselves from them. The most commonly infected areas are the skin, scalp, and nails.
The possible causes of these infections include:
- Human contact: When you come in contact with another infected person
- Indirectly: The fungus reaches your system through infected objects or articles which could be shared or used by an infected person
- Shared areas like showers and bathrooms are also a cause
The most common fungal and scalp infections are described below.
- Scalp: Fungal infections of the scalp begin as a small bump and can cause itching, hair fall, and a patch of baldness. This condition is known as tinea capitis and produces ring-like patches on the scalp. The underlying skin could be exposed too, causing regrowth of hair difficult. This should be treated with a course of topical and/or systemic antifungal medications. In severe cases, hair transplant may be required to cover the bald patches. The follicles can also be affected, a condition known as folliculitis, which impairs hair growth. Dandruff which is extremely common is also caused by a fungus.
- Beard: A poorly maintained beard can also have tinea capitis and fungal infections. There could be bald patches on the beard and poor quality of hair. There could also be flaking of the skin. The patch on the skin could be red, scaly, and crusted.
- Toenails and fingernails: With the nails, two problems can occur. The nailbeds could be affected and also the space between the toes can be affected. This is very common in people who walk barefoot and also in people who are often in moist environments.
Diagnosis: Most of these conditions can be diagnosed by a clinician by examination. In some cases, pieces of the hair, nail, or scalp for microscopic examination and to find out the actual organism causing the infection. This can help in giving the right antifungal treatment.
Treatment: In most cases, antifungal treatment is effective. Topical and/or systemic therapy is used depending on the severity and the actual organism causing the infection.
In some people, for instance, immunocompromised, the person could be on chronic low-dose therapy.
- Do not allow children to play in unclean areas
- If someone is infected, take precautions like washing hands, not sharing towels, not sharing cosmetics, etc.
- Be cautious about who is involved in children’s care, be it at home or at school. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.