Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhagathYour feedback matters!
Menorrhagia is a condition that is marked by heavy menstrual bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycles. Most women have a unique bleeding pattern during that time of the month with the flow going up and down over the first few days. Yet, for many women, the bleeding becomes consistently heavy during all the days of the period, during which the period itself may get extended by a few days. If this pattern continues to occurs, one must get it checked out by a doctor at the earliest. Here are a few ways in which this condition may be treated.
Factors considered during treatment: Before the treatment starts, and during the diagnosis stage, the doctor will take a look at a number of factors so that the correct form of treatment may be prescribed to the patient. To begin with, the doctor will take a complete medical history of the patient, including the family history to ascertain whether or not there may be a genetic problem at play. Further, the future childbearing plans of the patient will also be taken into consideration in such cases so that the treatment method does not hinder such plans. Also, the doctor will also try and understand the effect of the symptoms of this condition before prescribing any particular medication and surgery.
- Medication: Iron supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines will be prescribed for the patient to bring down the level of inflammation and restore the production of blood, which will make up for the rapidly flowing blood from the body. This will also prevent the risk of anemia (Learn how anemia affects the human health). Oral contraceptives, tranexamic acid, oral progesterone and hormonal therapy can also help in such cases.
- Dilation and curettage: This procedure is also known as D&C, and it basically helps in dilation or opening up of the cervix so that the doctor may suction the tissue from the uterine lining. This tissue is usually known to bring about excessive bleeding.
- Uterine artery embolisation: This is a procedure which shrinks any existing fibroids that may be the cause behind excessive bleeding. In this procedure, the uterine arteries are blocked and the blood supply to the same is cut off so that the fibroids do not get a chance to grow and cause unnecessary pressure that may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that removes the cervix as well as the uterus (You can learn more about infections of the Uterus), and is usually the last resort followed by most doctors. In such cases, the doctor will first ascertain whether or not you plan to have any children in the future. Additionally, the ovaries may also be removed if the condition has spread too much to be contained sufficiently.
(less commonly prostatosis) is inflammation of the prostate gland. Prostatitis is classified into acute, chronic, asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis, and chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Prostatitis is diagnosed in 8 percent of all urologist visits and 1 percent of all primary care physician visits
Carrot juice: a glass of carrot juice taken separately or in combination with spinach juice (in 3: 2 ratio), twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis and other prostrate diseases.
Tomato: tomato contains vital antioxidants that help fight bacterial infection. It also contains bioflavonoid lycopene, which helps decrease incidence of urination. Thus tomato is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Cranberries: cranberries are a rich in antioxidants and other natural compounds which are very effective in treatment of urinary tract disorders like prostatitis. Cranberries have also been found effective in prostrate cancer.
Watermelon seeds: seeds of watermelon contain certain vital unsaturated fatty acids, which helps maintain ph level in of the urinary tract and bladder which is essential for maintaining a healthy prostrate. Watermelon seeds are recommended as a natural cure for prostatitis.
Papaya: papaya is a rich source ofbioflavonoid lycopene which is very essential for maintaining good prostrate health. This makes papaya an excellent home remedy for prostatitis.
Turmeric roots: the root of turmeric plant contains curcumin, which is a powerful anto toxin and helps alleviate inflammation of prostrate. A decoction made by boiling turmeric root in watecr when taken in 100 ml dosage, twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Diet comprising of steamed vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains and soy are effective in treatment of prostatitis.
Drink plenty of water (at least 10 glasses a day to increase flow of urine).
Foods to be avoided:
Spicy food and condiments
Food containing excessive starch (rice, barley, cornmeal, rye, breads, oatmeal,)
All kinds of meat (red meat is a strict no)
Food containing white refined sugar (sweets, candies, pie, cake etc)
Tea, coffee and alcohol
Excess salty food.
I am 21 years old. I have lots of dark patches on my face, neck and underams. My skin tone is uneven. My complexion is dark. My lips are dark. I want to undergo a full body fairness treatment. Is it possible to become fair. And how much will it cost. Please help.
I want to look fair as there is pigmentation on my forehead so please suggest mi some medicine or creams plz.
I am a 24 old male and my face is oily. I need natural remedy for this. So what should I do to get rid of oily face. Thanks.
I have a history of DVT (Year 2006) and SVT (Year 2013) in past. In 2013, I took warfarin 2.5 mg for 3-4 months then stopped. In October 2016 I started feeling pain in my leg but not sure if it has reoccurred. I took advice from a local doctor and he told me to start taking Warf 2.5 mg and ecosprin 150 mg daily for lifetime. Its been 5 months I am doing this. I do not want to continue for lifetime. Please advice.
How I can remove the darkness under my eyes please give the solution? And I will not sleep more time it's one of the problem.
I am 26 years old and I have pigmentation on my face what can be the possible cause and what can I do to improve my skin.
U suggested me to use pimplex ointment but doctor m a bit confused which one to use there r two tubes one is cream and one is pimplex gel. please help.
I am 47 year old lady. Suffering from chronic anal fisseure since last 10 years. I am getting unbearable pain during defication.Iam afride of surgery,Is it possible to cure this permenently with homeopath medicine ?
Hi, I am 22 years old female and I have dark circle around my eyes I tried many things but didn't work out. One problem I have lot of hair fall I like grow my hair but I couldn't. I am very short I would like to know how to grow up at least 5.3' or 5.5' please suggest me?
I got a black mark on forehead I tried so many creams but I don't get the result please give me a remedy.
I have a skin problem that comes only in cold season I have a small dots my skin becomes rough what should I do for it?
Bowen's disease is a skin disorder; the main symptom of which is the formation of a pink or a red surface on the skin which may result in small erosion. The patches usually grow very slow but if left untreated, can lead to a more serious threat of skin cancer. The seriousness of Bowen's disease increases if it is not diagnosed or treated at the correct time. This skin cancer is known as 'squamous cell skin cancer'.
Symptoms of Bowen's disease:
- There will be several patches on the skin with distinctly clear edges and showing no sign of healing.
- The patches are may be red or pink, raised or flat over the skin where it forms.
- It may spread rapidly over a small localized area
- It can be itchy (in some cases).
The patches are predominantly found on areas such as the head, neck and in the lower legs. Once they start to develop, you should immediately consult a skin specialist who may take a sample of the skin for diagnosis.
Causes of Bowen's disease:
- Bowen's disease is caused due to long exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Usage of tanning/sun beds may prove to be problematic.
- Weak immunity system can cause Bowen's disease and can hamper the entire diagnostic process.
- Previous history of Radiotherapy treatment.
- HPV virus that can affect the genitals.
It must be noted that Bowen's disease is not hereditary in nature.
Treatment of Bowen's disease:
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to treat the part of the skin which is affected.
- Surgery: The abnormal skin is operated under the effect of local anesthesia.
Post-treatment follow-up is very important for the entire treatment process to yield results.