Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balraj Sur
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Balraj SurYour feedback matters!
Actually there is a pain in my teeth jaws while chewing food I get a sensation on my jaws so I really need a good encourage about my health.
I have had tooth sensitivity for almost an year now. It happens only when I consume cold stuff. For eg. When I have my milk and cereal in school (which I sip from a cup) I feel this sharp stinging sensation in my teeth which Is so bad that I can't talk and usually berry my head in my arms till the time it stops. To be honest, my dental hygiene hasn't been at its best this year but I'm trying my best to work on it. I would love to have my milk the way I did before. Thanks a lot for helping! *I had a root canal a few years ago, if that helps.
I have open a glass bottle by teeth, and I am in a lot of pain. One of my molar teeth, is giving me trouble. What is the best tablet you, advice me to take?
Hi, Five days ago I Had a surgery in which my both of the lower wisdom teeth were removed. Till now I had not taken any hard & hot food. So, can I take spicy food with chilli powder or green chillies& hot& hard food now. Can I spit now?
Sir in the morning when I get brush after that tongue cleaner with tongue cleaner blood also get from my tongue,is it a disease, then what is the solution of this problem.
My teeth problem, it is not in shape and yellowish & also smell came from my mouth so please suggest solution.
I have pain in my jawline and its swelling by time by time. Is it normal or I have to consult with the doctor because of this pain my full body is getting tired. And it's like fever please please suggest me what should I do?
When you walk into a dental consult assuming it’ll be just about that tooth which is hurting you’ll be shocked to know that it’s a lot more than just that.Every dentist is meant to evaluate you on a variety of characteristics starting from your mental make up down to your risk assessment. Remember (hangover the line about you’re just a dentist) those movies that talk about dentists not being doctors Well if you read on you’ll know why dentists are doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to your overall health as well.
1. Checking your overall health: It starts from the waiting room where we tend to check your overall appearance rule out any obvious syndromes and diseases. Your body language, breathing rate and sometimes even your gait can be telltale signs of underlying problems that when diagnosed well can medically save you years of treatment. A patient of ours was really tall and had a very oddly pronounced bone structure and we ordered hormone tests turns out he had a growth hormone excess which was due to a tumour which was thankfully removed in time. If you were panting getting to your dentist on the first floor you may want to get a fitness assessment for your heart.
2. Checking your facial profile: Your face shape colour and size has a lot to do with how your smile fits into that frame. Most dentists have a good idea about your teeth size shape and even alignment even before you open your mouth.
3. Profiling your personality: We learn to classify personality types in dental school as this helps us in communicating with you better and also customizing your smiles based on your nature. If you’re a bold female in a corporate job we reckon strong squarish teeth will suit your personality as opposed to round small teeth. If you’re a methodical and detail oriented patient chances are you’re extremely conscious about your dental hygiene as well. If you’re extremely phobic of the entire dental process we have prior assessments for the same to ensure proper treatment approaches suited to your needs.
4. Assessing your genetic propensity: When your dental checkup is happening we also take a family history to understand if you are genetically more prone to cavities and dental problems. These patterns have a tremendous genetic repetition and even if you brush twice a day you may wonder why you end up with cavities it could be because genetically you are more prone. This doesn’t mean all is lost but this means that you will have to protect yourself more than regular hygiene methods like a fluoride treatment annually starting from a young age can help give you extra protection.
5. Checking for any joint problems: Some of us end up getting severe facial pain and problems with our facial joints near the ears. Since this falls between the grey area of an ear,nose,throat physician or a dentist we don’t know who exactly will solve these problems. But many dentists undertake TMJ studies as a specialty in itself since it’s more to do with jaws and teeth than the ears. A normal checkup will entail assessing your joint is healthy as well.
6. Saving you from Cancer: A dentist also must check your gums lips and cheeks to rule out any white patches or growths that may increase your risk to cancer. A routine full mouth panoramic X-ray is actually legally mandatory after each checkup to rule out any hidden bone or jaw growths.
If you are someone who shudders at the sound of the word dentist, read our blog to help you to take the first step.