Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Balkesh RathiYour feedback matters!
I am not getting pregnant after one year of my marriage. During sex we do not use any kind of safety like condoms or pills etc. What could be reason?
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods:
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However, it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, birth control patches, emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine device or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also, it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non-surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubes.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective.
Is it possible to have implantation bleeding 14 days post ovulation? I am supposed to get my period Tom. Has a brownish dark red discharge today but no period. This has never happened before. normally period comes in its usual colour. Been trying to conceive for 5 months so could this possibly be implantation bleed or too late for that?
Those 4-6 days in the month are the most painful for women. They are also very depressing. There are a lot of things which can help the pain go away, however, it is highly important for the woman to take proper care of her health during this time of the month. Besides maintaining a personal hygiene, these are the habits that you need to stop doing:
1. Wearing the same pad for the whole day can cause vaginal infections and produce bad odor. The pads need to be changed in every 3-5 hours no matter if you bleed heavily, or not.
2. You are already feeling pain, thus do not push yourselves in giving more pain. Do not do things like waxing or planning a root canal.
3. Having an unexpected sex during the period brings high chances of getting infections. For this reason you better avoid sexual intercourse during your periods.
4. You can harm your body and give strain to it if you do rigorous exercises during period.
5. Do not skip meals during your periods as you already lose a lot of energy and blood. Take 3 proper meals and some snacks in between.
6. Avoid cravings for food in the middle of the night as it will do harm to your body. It is not able to digest all that greasy food which gets in.
7. Menstrual cramps may make it hard to fall asleep during the night, but it is highly recommend to have a good night’s sleep and relax your body due to the strain you’ve been experiencing for the whole day.
8. Milk products can worsen the cramps during your period as they contain arachidonic acid, thus avoid consuming them.
9. Do not involve yourself in watching depressing movies, or listening to sad songs because all this may affect your psychological health.
Dr. my friend she has irregular periods problem from 3 years is it a major problem she had a little hair on her face and she gaining weight she almost now 70 is any home remedies is there to get rid of this.
When doing sex without any protection is safe? And when doing sex have mostly chance to get pregnancy?
I am 30 years old woman & planning for marriage this year, as I heard late marriage will be problematic for child birth.
Hello doctor's, Today is 10 days after my period. I went to scan. In that scan report I got Right ovary 8 mm and Left ovary Nopf and and EM is 7. 5 mm . Can you tell what it mean can I get pregnant? Can I know with this I have the follicular have or not. Please reply me.
Hi. I am 19 yrs Old girl. Last to last month I got my periods on 9th march. End of march I took an ipill. On 8th april, I had unprotected sex but he didnt ejaculated inside. On 14th april, I got periods. But it was irregular, on first day, it was heavy, then till 21 I got light periods. After 10 days, I took test it was negative. But this month I didnt got any periods and its 24th may now:/ I took test again but it was negative. What to do? pleaae help:(am too worried about it.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
Jaise maine pucha tha apko sex ke bare mai but sir period nahe ayaa 25th ko to pregenancy test kru ya nahi kyu ke period ka date uska up and down hota hai to mai check kru ya sab normal hai please give me reply.
I don't have a stable mind. I cannot decide between 2 things and I feel sad almost all time. There's no satisfaction in anything I do. And I am very much addicted to my phone. please advice.
My wife gave birth to male child siccesreon baby they put copper t now she got so much bleeding body condition weak what to do.
Good day great doctors, I and my wife had unprotected sex on the 15th and 16th of last month, so my wife took postinor 2 on the 15th and 17th of last month, so what I mean is that she took two packets, the first one that contains two tables and the second one that also contain two tablets. And after along wait, she decided to carry out pregnancy test about two days ago but the test was NEGATIVE. So I'm scared what might happen to her. Pls doctors I need help and more info bout this. Thanks.
पालक है सबसे अच्छा:
- दृष्टि सुधारने में मदद करता है |
- रोगों से लड़ता है |
- प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत बनाता है |
- पालक फाइबर में उच्च है, तो यह आपको पूर्ण और पाचन में मदद करता है।
- कैंसर को रोकने में मदद करता है |
- यह विरोधी भड़काऊ है |
- उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करता है |
- स्वस्थ, चमकदार त्वचा को बढ़ावा देता है |
- हड्डियों को मजबूत करता है |
- मस्तिष्क और तंत्रिका तंत्र समारोह में मदद करता है |
- पालक, कोलोरी में कम लेकिन पोषक तत्वों में उच्च है ।