Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. BakhtyarYour feedback matters!
Is there any problem at the age of 21 if I do masturbate daily? If yes, then how often can I do masturbate in a week?
I have pain while urinating sometimes. And yellowish sperm comes out on ejaculation or during night fall.
My husband has diabetes for the past 10 years. Can you please tell me how a typical diet of a diabetic person should be. How much sugar is allowed. He is 43/years old.
What happen with continuous mest urination what its effects and please teel me in what time period a person has to do or not to do. What will be the appropriate size of penis plzz I'm not I'll but I just wanted to know that please Sr/ mmam.
I am 24 years old. I have a hair fall problem from past 8 years. Finally I came to that I have scalp psoriasis. Skin is peeling off from scalp and hairs got weaker. How to overcome this problem? Which medicine I have to use to avoid this flakes, lymphs and whitish flakes? Please suggest.
Hi sir. I'm trapped in a big problem and I desperately want to get rid out of it. I don't know what exactly the problem is but mostly I think I'm being a victim of performance anxiety due to which I'm not hard enough when the intercourse is supposed to happen. It was consecutively for the third time 2 days back and now I'm literally scared to initiate sex. I had done a lot of research on this before and I got to know that instead of the performance thing I need to concentrate on the enjoyment but its not happening. But the worst thing that happened was we were drunk and were in a very romantic mode. It all started good but then we noticed the erection wasn't enough. Last we had a good sex was on 14th feb, valentine's day. My food habits are also normal. Please help sir. I'm ready for a treatment also.
I am suffering from headache, cough and cold l. I have also taken medicines but didnt got any relief. I am having fever since 3 days.
I am having a severe headache for the last two days accompanied by a little fever. Tried home remedies. What to do?
Sir mere head me kabhi -kabhi dard rahta hai. Dard ke karan eye bhi dard karne lagati hai aur is ke karan achha nahi lagata hai. Please help sir.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.