Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. B S VivekYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old my weight is 68 kg, suffering from high triglyceride cholesterol 255 please prescribe any ayurvedic medicine.
My cholesterol levels are, overall cho - 243 tgl - 132 ldl - 181 hdl - 55. Whether I need to take medicine or can I reduce it by strict food diet.
Hello sir am umendhar from India. First I wanna tell you my problem .i have a panic attack and anxiety with Agropobhiya. When I was going to out side when I walking in a road and going market and villages city. When I was a alone and driving. Some places. I can't stay .it's suddenly comping a panic. Anxious. Symptoms like this headache head heating. And fear. Raising heart beat And some symptoms like anxiety. What can I do ?sir please help me.
I AM 40 YEARS OLD. MY WEIGHT NEAR 100 KGS. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. COME anxiety IN EVERY TIME. PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW I RELIEF THIS PROBLEMS?
I have thyroid, high cholestral, over weight(80 Kg} age 54yrs. Height 5.2, taking medicine 4 thyroid now in normal range 2.5,give me solution to reduce weight and cholesterol ?
I have been suffering for headache for the pass 4 months now sometime severe and sometimes mild almost everyday for relief I am taking tab sumo or tab combiflam 1 tab morning and evening to get relief what will be the course of my headache. I don't usually sleep at night until morning am an IT student and completed my MCA what should I take to stop this frustrated headache pls help.
How to protect chest pain due to gas acidity and what to do wen pain is severe? How to get relief from tmj pain?
When I smoke my heart rate increases and I feel heavy and very fatigued even after a smoke. Joints in my hand pain once I smoke. I smoke 2 to 3 cigarette s a day. I'm 27 and have been smoking for 6 years.
Sir/mam am 41 year old female am suffering from thyroid and palpitation before sleeping .Can I get a solution?
I am 25 years male of height 5.9 and weight of 68 kg. I want to maintain correct weight and want to decrease bad cholesterol in stomach. Kindly give some suggestions.
While every organ in the body needs to be cared for, the heart assumes a very special place. What is good for the heart can be good for the whole body and the reverse is equally true. The effects of a diet that is unhealthy for the heart is definitely unhealthy for the whole body.
With lifestyle changes like heart disease, diabetes, obesity and stroke are on the rise, the importance of eating a heart healthy diet has assumed all new levels of importance. The following are some of the heart healthy foods that should be a part of everybody’s diet.
- Fatty fishes: Salmon, sardines and mackerel are loaded with generous amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids and reduce the risk of arterial plaque buildup. They are also rich in antioxidants. Eating fish at least twice a week is recommended; for non-fish eaters, supplements of Omega-3 fatty acids are recommended.
- Oatmeal: Oats again are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, folate and potassium. It is also rich in soluble fibre and is believed to lower bad cholesterol and keep the arteries free of plaque. It soaks up the cholesterol in the digestive system and helps manage cholesterol.
- Avocado: This creamy fruit has loads of monounsaturated fat which helps lower the levels of bad cholesterol and improve levels of good cholesterol. They also improve absorption of other carotenoids like lycopene and beta-carotene, which are also extremely heart friendly.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and other berries reduce the risk of heart attack by almost one-third. These are rich in compounds like anthocyanins and flavonoids which are proven antioxidants. They relax the blood vessels and reduce blood pressure and reduce the incidence of heart attacks.
- Dark chocolate: Chocolate which contains 60-70% cocoa is rich in polyphenols, which helps blood pressure, clotting, and inflammation.
- Olive Oil: Loaded with monounsaturated fats, this helps reduce levels of bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. The extra-virgin variety is preferred for cooking in place of regular vegetable oils.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, and macadamia nuts are packed with mono and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, and vitamin E. Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and can be added to oatmeal or eaten raw.
- Soy: Soy products, including tofu and soy milk, are ideal for adding protein and reducing cholesterol and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- Legumes: These are high in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and soluble fibre.
- Spinach: Helps with its rich content of fibre, folate, lutein,and potassium. In fact, most vegetables have a beneficial effect.
- Green tea: Rich in antioxidants, it reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Include some of the heart healthy foods and see your heart smile!!
I have a problem regarding heart beat. Heart beat skips for 2/3 beats and feels some sort of suffocation at that time. What should i do? Please advise.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have a chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes:
Pearl millet is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
2. Weight loss:
Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
3. Reduces cholesterol:
It contains phyto chemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps in digestion:
Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
5. Helps prevent cancer:
Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.