Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I want to know about skin problems I hve black heads on my face and spots on my face I want to get rid from it.
I am suffering from under eye dark circles, for lst two years and from 2,3 months it become darker what should I do, please give any solution to reduce it.
I am having dark circles. I tried many creams but no good result. Now im applying gram flour with turmeric and some drops of coconut oil. Is it good to my skin? Please suggest me.
I wants to tell you about my skin problem this problem is increasing day by day in my body and I feel very uncomfortable in this situation please tell me the solution of my this problem?
I am 17 year old. I have oil face, my body is good but my face is not good so plzz give me natural instruction to become more handsome. Plzzzzz.
I have a mark of black colour below my right eye please help in removing it This mark happened in boxing practice.
What is the best treatment for face lose skin tightening? Cheeks skin and basically skin under eyes. please help my face skin is very loose and I, m looking 10 years older than my age.
Whenever my wife wears any metal on her upper body she developed red rashes or patches as you can say let that be any metal apart from gold or silver. It can be any thing from watch to ear rings. Is there any cream which she can apply and then wear these items.
I am 20 years old male. I am having painful defecation. Doctor told me of anal fissure with internal haemorrhoids. I take betadine bath.
Hi, please advice me, my face is getting tanned I was born bright but now I'm little black.(please tell some homemade cream or mixtures, thanks☺
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.