Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. B.K. VohraYour feedback matters!
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men:
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems:
1. The need to urinate frequently during the night.
2. Urinating more often during the day.
3. Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
4. The urine stream is slow to start.
5. Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
6. A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
7. A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
8. The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
1. A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
2. Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
3. Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems:
1. Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
2. Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
3. Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
4. Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH.
As I asked about my son suffering from nephritic syndrome he is 5 years old this is third time attack since last two years. Treatment in going on from PGI Chandigarh I want to ask you can we take second opinion from other .
I had a rectal bleeding since 5 years and it comes twice in six months without any pain. As per my observation, it occurs when my stool is very hard, or had eaten spicy food last night. But, this is only assumptions. Please guide me regarding this. I am 45 years male. I do not eat Non-veg, no smoking, no alcohol. I have only the addiction of beetle leaves with pinch of tobacco thrice in a week.
My son is 16 month old now. He had 2 surgery when he was 6 month and another when 8 month. Pu valve at 6 month and circumcision at 8 month as he was having urine infection. And due to which his left kidney is working 10%. So my question is can his kidney be work more better. Now he is okay.
If anal fissure occurred , am I notice everyday bleeding ? How was the feel if anal fissure occurred on me ? Anal fissure completely cure by surgery ? If I noticed one or today blood in the stool for constipation so it is called anal fissure ?
Mujhe baar baar toilet jana padta hai. Din me kam se kam 6 ya 7 baar. Kuch bhi khate hi. Wajan bhi kam ho Gaya hai. Kamjor bhi ho. Khaya peeya kuch nahi lgta. My age 33. Tnx.
Hi, i am from Delhi 42 years of age for last 10-15 days I am suffering from urine infection have consulted a homeopath doctor and he is assuring that this is common in summers when urine is passed thru it is a very burning itching and all the time yellow and whiite pus type of thick liquid is present. I am little bit worried can you please advice me accordingly what to do ?
I am having pain in the left dorsolateral position near kidney since one year. How to treat it pls give me suggestions.
I hAve problem of urine, in night I go urine for 4 to 5 time daily, in full day it goes around 9 to 10 time, is there any problem for my health.
My friend have 12 mm stone in galvelator so can it be remove from medicine. I have over 10 years experience on medical store but I am not a doctor anyway. So please suggest me what to do Thanx.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am losing my energy and I am suffering from kidney stone please give me any suitable medicine or suitable therapy.
I don't know why I need to washroom for toilet 3-4times in an hour? But even I don't drink much water. And main think is my urine doesn't come at ones I need to go again and again.
I am 65 yes old male recently diagnosed with benign prostate hypertrophy. Are there any medicines in homeopathy for treating without surgery which can give good results.
Tips to Cope With Chronic Kidney Disease.
Hi friends! I’m Dr. Sumit Dhawan and I practice Homeopathy and today, we are going to talk about Kidney Failure. Kidney failure or chronic kidney disease or acute renal failure, or chronic renal failure, these all things are day by day increasing these days because there has been a major change in our lifestyles. The amount of allopathic drugs people are using, as a pain killers or other purposes antibiotics they all damage our kidneys and also, the use of chemical fertilizer for growing the pulses, for the basic needs, for the basic food which we are eating, that is also, chemically, you know, reared up and when we take them, when we eat them, they always try to damage our kidneys.
Kidneys are basically there inside our body to purify our system and if anything, any heavy metal, if it gets stuck in the kidney, then, they will definitely damage the kidneys. So, in Homeopathy, we have got cure for kidney diseases but, for that, you need some tips to follow and I will be providing you with those tips and how to manage the kidney diseases along with the allopathic treatment and the homeopathic treatment, how you can get a beautiful life and manage your problem easily, we can guide you for that.
Whenever you get kidney diseases and you get to know about that you are suffering from kidney problem, you get afraid, people get worried. People get worried that what will going to happen, am I going for a dialysis or am I going for a transplant because the treatment with allopathic science is only with two things.
Management with dialysis which is very much troubling the patients and you know, and it is very difficult for the patients to carry on with dialysis for a longer time and eventually the transplant which doctors advise them, go for a transplant if dialysis is not working. So, we must try before getting a transplant, we must do something, we have.