Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B K GhosalYour feedback matters!
I have accident due to that some wounds in my face. Now its fine but have black type of spot in face. What can I do?
I am 21 years old. N my body skin is bright but face skin is becoming dull n dull. So wt should I do?
I guess some limb has been grown in side my breast. I am really concerned regarding this. Kindly help me.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my chest. I used scar removal cream for 6 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
On my face pimple leaves their black spot and also a very big black spot on my nose please suggest me what should I do ti remove these pimple black spot.
I am getting some skin rashes causing itchiness and making me uncomfortable. Please help me. Home remedies could help.
My 70-years-old mother is passing reddish stool for the last 4-5 days. She feels like burning sensation/inflammation while passing the stool. Please suggest what to do?
I am suffering from constipation. My hair is falling continuously since 2015, I got dimples on my face, Give me an appropriate advise as well medicine to overcome with this problem. Thank you.
We have many options in facelift and it is often confusing which to opt for.
Here are rough guidelines that can help us to select right treatment protocol
In young patients under 30 years we can use chemical peels, laser resurfacing and thread lift to cause facelift
In middle age persons with mild sagging we can add option of hifu or ultherapy
In there is significant volume loss we can add fillers or fat grafting
In severe sagging it is better to go for surgical facelift as smas lift.
Sometimes combination of surgical facelift for sagging, fat grafting for volume deficiency and deep peel for rejuvenating skin are added to give optimal results.
Some tips for delaying aging of skin
1. Use regular sun screen, broad spectrum, spf above 35 and water resistant
2. Regular use of retinoic acid as retino a at night can stimulate collagen production
3. High protein diet and supplements as amino collagen are helpful in remodelling collagen
4. Regular chemical peels as glycolic and tca can help in skin rejuvenation
5. Use good quality moisturisers to delay volume loss and dehydration. If needed get fillers regularly.
My wife is suffering from depigmentation since my baby birth in 2014. She used lots of medicine like.
I have black spots under my eye. It does not look good at all how I should reduce my black spots under eye?
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather Correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases.