Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.B AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I have cough from last 15+ days. Before 10 days its very high every second minute have to cough but now feel some relax I am taking medicine time to time but not yet totally root out.
I got a cut from a iron before 4 days and now its paining hardly and small wound is also there and my finger does not work properly what should I do ?
I am 71 year old. Suffering from constipation. Stool does not pass without lacgovit. Feel pain when stool passes. Tell me treatment.
I generally have problem of constipation . I'm taking tablets but its works temporary , help me out.
Sir I have an epididymis cyst in right side testes. Sometimes it gives pain. Is there any problem with it?
How to control cholesterol and can we use sugar free powder for diabetes person is dat good for health.
Hello Doctor, I have a habit of masturbating frequently by laying down on bed and rubbing penis on the bed, also known as Bed Humping. Will there be any problem while having actual intercourse due to this and can this cause any damage to my testicles as well as my sperm levels?
I am 43 years old feeling heavyness in chest for 5 days and suffered from diarrhea along with high bp150/100, vomit once, now diarrhea cured bp 130/84 but feeling vomiting tendendenct and slight heavynes in chest. It seems like something going to happen wrong, what I will do?
Hello dr. I am 23 yrs old my problem is I discharge in two min. I want to increase my sex timing. Its embarising me. My friends are laughing on me.
I have dark circles under my eyes? They are either due to excess sleep or lack of sleep. How to get rid of them in one day?
Hi Doctor, I am Male 45. Currently, I am taking medications MACOX PLUS 600 mg, MACROZIDE 750 mg and ECOS 1000 mg for Tuberculosis from 1 month. I am feeling very feverish daily (around 100 degrees) from past 22 days. When I asked my doctor about this, he said it is common. But I am getting scared. Request you to please give your advice and suggest some medications for this if required. Thank you.
I have low vitamin d3 and vitamin b12 as per my recent reports. What should I do. To increase my vitamin level. And what are the symptoms of low vitamin level of d3 and b12. Please reply fast.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.