Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Avnish KumarYour feedback matters!
Why some times blood comes out after brushing & cleansing the mouth after some binge drinking in the previous night?
I consulted dentist for my front 1 mm gap and for one small side teeth he suggested me for three componeer and he gives me address from which shop I can buy it its been 20 days and he is saying it can be more than 10 days to reach I am fed of can I get a better option than componeer which is easily available and better than componeer.
I have a problem related to teeth, I brush once a day but there is a dirt between teeth and gems. When I try to brush two times a day my gems have a blood. Presently no pain is there but it may cause problem in future, please suggest me to clean my teeth and make gems strong Thank you.
Dear doctor, from last 12 days my mouth remains more watered than normal level but it is stomach related. How can I cure it with home made remedies.
Sir, my problem is mouth ulcers. I want to know whether it is due to excessive use of pain killers that I have taken during spinal injury?
Vitamin b complex how to work for jaw problems that tablet resolved total oral jaw problems please tell me
I am 23 years old I am suffering from yellow teeth (front only) .also I am doing daily 2 time brush but no result. Some doctor (dentist) told me that its coz of water from well or village in my childhood. Is it really necessary to do cleaning teeth (suggested by dentist. Also told me it will stay up to 2 years.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.