Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Avantika GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir my fiancy have some problem of black bleeding in vagina after 15 days gone of time period and this bleeding are during when she done after urination so what problem are there.
I am a 24 years old man. My wife is 21. During intercourse my wife is suffered from a lot of pain. I have sex with around 15 times, yet she feels a lot of pain. So she was unable to found orgasm. Please give me reason of this pain.
It is the self-stimulation of the genitals to achieve sexual arousal to the point of climax.Some women also use stimulation of the vagina to masturbate or use 'sex toys' such as Vibrator.
Masturbation is a very common behaviour,even in people who have sexual relations with a partner.In one study ,95%of the men and 89%of the females reported positively.In young children,it is a normal part of a growing child's exploration of his or her body.
Masturbation is a safe sexual alternative for people who wish to avoid pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
It is also necessary when a man must give the semen sample for infertility test or sperm donation.
While it was once regarded as a perversion and sign of a mental problem, masturbation is now considered a normal healthy sexual activity.
Masturbation is regarded a problem if it inhibits sexual activity due to guilt complex ,with a partner, is done in public and causes sufficient distress to the person
It may cause distress if it is done compulsively and?or interferes with daily chores.
I am trying to conceive from long time. Before 10 days of our periods what kind of food should we consume to conceive. Is it safe to have food like prawns or any kind of fish. Suggest an healthy diet.
I am married and having 1 year old kid. We decided to for next kid after 3 years. I am using condom for sexual intercourse. My partner some times have hitching problem. Any other advice for avoiding pregnancy. Also during sexual intercourse sperm comes immediately during penetration. Pls advice for having increased time for sexual intercourse.
My wife is unable to achieve an orgasm. She hardly gets once in a blue moon. These days she doesn't feel doing intercourse. Wat shud I do? Any medicine?
Vitamin A is essential for various body functions, the most important are vision, immunity, skin and hair health and correct genetic transcription. Signs of vitamin A toxicity include bone pain, brittle nails, hair loss, fatigue, dry and fissured skin and abnormal liver function. Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindness.
Some interesting fatcs about vitamin A:
Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, thus requires fat for effective absorption.
Normal level of vitamin A required for proper body functioning is about 3000 mg per day. A person could also end up eating more of Vitamin A on a regular basis, which could lead to vitamin A toxicity. If it is consumed from natural sources, it is not harmful; however, if synthetic vitamin A is consumed, it may end up as a toxin in the body.
Every 100 g of sweet potato contains about 19200 IU of vitamin A. Sweet potato can be consumed in cooked, baked, cubed, raw or frozen form. It can be used in multiple ways and is one of the most vitamin A rich foods.
Carrots is the most popular rich source of vitamin A. Every child knows that carrots are good for vision and eye health. Carrots can also be consumed in baked, cooked, raw or frozen form.
Green leafy vegetables are another rich source of vitamin A. This could be spinach, lettuce, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, kale, or other greens. Each of them contains sufficient amounts of vitamin A, and including about 100 g provides about 14000 IU of vitamin A. These can be used as salad dressings or cooked with lentils to make variety of dishes.
The liver from any animal is the most effective nonvegetarian source of vitamin A. Consuming liver 2 to 3 times per day gives sufficient amounts vitamin A for men, women and children. Cod liver oil, which are available widely in the market are also a good source, if meat is not available.
Dry fruits, such as apricots, which are sundried and used when there is no season for apricots, are another rich source of vitamin A. Dried peaches and prunes are also good sources for this vitamin.
Consuming about 2 egg yolks per day provides all the required vitamin A for your body. It does contain cholesterol, but the body does need small amount of cholesterol too for various functions.
Dairy products, such butter and cream from cow's milk which are especially fed on grass are again great sources of vitamin A.
Small amounts of vitamin A are also present in cantaloupe melons, pumpkins, squash fruits, beetroot, bell peppers and most importantly in seasonal fruits.
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run.
Ma'am Last month 27 ko mujhe period hua tha par 1 din hua phir band ho gaya. Main regular 27 ko hi hoti hi. Par is month 5 days ho gaye aur period nahi hua aur test bhi negative hai kya Karu.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32. Weight 60kg. I am trying from past 2 years but no luck. I always have a 28 days cycle. My Amh is low >0.30. I have been told for IVF with donor egg. I have finally made up my mind for it. Please let me know what all I should keep in mind before going for it. My Hysteroscopy is already done 2 months before which had a small polyp which is removed. I wanted to know is this process very painful or do I have to be on lot of drugs can I resume my normal activities. If I have a donor will the child be like me or completely like the donor. Kindly reply Thanks.
She's having difficulty getting pregnant. Pcod detected ovum size not good. I'm Having hypothyroidism. Too taking eltroxin 50.
Me and my girlfriend got intimated I inserted my penis a bit inside her vagina I am not sure if my sperms released in her vagina we dint had complete sex I just kept my penis near her vagina can this create a problem or there are any chance of pregnancy please help.
I fingered my girl friend. I had a bit of pre cum on my fingers. It was a day just after her periods ended. She took an iPill within 13 hrs exactly. 8 days after the incident she has started bleeding. Has the pill worked? What are the chances of pregnancy now?
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.
Mai 27 year ki hu. Mera 2 baar early pregnancy k baad miscarriage ho gya. Is baar dar lg rha hai Kya is baar bhi miscarriage ka khatra ho skta hai. Kya mai doctor ko dikhau is baar pregnant hone k pehle.
Is the side effect caused by I pill or not my Question is this should I will get pregnant. On my face and chin some hair growth are seen. How to get rid of that unwanted hair. Is my period will regular or not I'm suffering always my any body parts become numb. It takes time to settle down. I feel always low can't stand for long. Should I start loosing my weight or not? I'm not getting my periods without medicine and pills when I take pills doctors pescribstion then only I get my periods. Otherwise it won't come for 9 to 10 months. What should I do I" m tensed too much please suggest me some medicine exercise etc I want to consult with my partner. Thanks & regards, Pm.
I have severe menstrual cramps on my first day of the cycle. It is so severe that I feel nauseous What is the reason behind it and what can I do to cure it? Any natural way,
I am 28 years old I am suffering from burning sensation in feet after delivery and severe back pain on left side give me some precaution to cure it.
1. Boosts your immune system
Lemons are rich in vitamin c, b, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber. Although vitamin c is the key to jump-starting our immune system, the rest of the nutritional benefits of the lemon can certainly do you no harm. It's good to drink a glass or two of lemon water when you are feeling stressed, because that is when your immune system is most likely to fall prey to any surrounding bacteria or viruses.
2. A surprising source of potassium
Potassium is good for the health of your heart as well as your brain and nerve function. It is usually found in vegetables like potatoes and spinach, but lemons are also an excellent source for a potassium boost.
3. Eases your digestion
Lemon water should be consumed at room temperature, as warm water helps stimulate smooth movement within the gastrointestinal tract. Lemons and other citrus fruits contribute to this effect because they are rich in vitamins and minerals that loosen up the toxins in the digestive tract, known as ama. Lemon is an excellent natural remedy for symptoms of indigestion like heartburn and bloating.
4. A natural diuretic
Lemons increase the rate of urination and therefore are able to quickly remove toxins in the digestive tract that can affect the health of the urinary tract.
5. Keeps your skin clear
The potent vitamin c in lemons helps keep the skin blemish and wrinkle free. In addition, the antioxidants in lemon juice can be applied to scars and age spots in order to reduce their appearance without diminishing the skin's radiance.
6. Reduces inflammation
Drinking lemon water on a regular basis may decrease the levels of acidity within the body, which is where disease is most likely to occur. It works to remove uric acid in the joints which is the main source for joint pain and inflammation. It's also good to drink the lemon water in the winter at a lukewarm temperature to fight off the effects of cold-weather stiffness.
7. A caffeine aid
Lemon juice is an excellent way to cut back on caffeine in coffee or soda because it has similar rejuvenating effects. Substituting your morning cup of joe for a cup of hot water and lemon may save you from an afternoon crash and quiet your caffeine cravings.
8. Keeps you hydrated
Starting your day off with a cup of hot lemon water can not only prevent fatigue later on in the day, but also dehydration. Dehydration is one of the major causes of toxic buildup, stress and even susceptibility to viral infections. So if you are the kind that forgets to drink water, it is recommended that you drink lemon water in order to stay hydrated throughout the day.