Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I dnt use soap or face wash on my face .i use only water. But I use soap on my body. Smetym after bathing I feel itching on my face .what to do.
I m suffering with lot of acne dark spots. On face. Neck shoulders what I have to do what is the solution.
Hi. I am 26 years old and work in retail. yesterday while relieving (stools) I found thick clots of blood in it. Second time I dint get any blood but today morning again I found blood while relieving myself. Can you please help me with the same.
I am a male aged 23 years. I have scars of pimples and marks on my skin. They don't fade away. My skin is also quite oily. Although pimples don't develop on my skin now. I have applied few ointments like adapalene but the progress was really slow. What should I do to remove pimples marks as well as scars? Please recommend. thanks :)
I have very bad dark circles and also have very dull skin. please suggest me some effective home remedies or cream. Thanks.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
I just join swimming classes but my skin tone is going to darker day by day wat can I use at the time swimming.
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
The disease is contagious in nature, so it is advised to stay away from people who have shingles. Remember that if you are not immune to chickenpox, then coming in contact with a person who has shingles, might result in you developing chickenpox.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.