Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AtulYour feedback matters!
Why do my skin of some part are got black patches and also it itching alot and it will start bleeding while scratching or get itched by mr.
Here are reason, prevention, and treatments of Stretch Marks
I am Doctor.R.P Singh, a dermatologist. I will be talking on stretch marks which is now a common problem. Stretch marks are basically linear scars on the body which appear on the sudden stretching of the skin. Earlier we see this mainly in females with pregnancy or very obese people. But now it has become a common problem of all growing children and the people going to the gym due to various type of deficiencies in the food and if it is not looked after once a scar is formed you cannot do anything. Prevention is always there.
Skin, hair and nails consume a lot of proteins. The proteins make the major component of the body building material. And the skin, hair and nail, they consume protein throughout the life from shedding regularly. The upper layer of skin that is dead layer usually get changed within two weeks and the inner layer which is composed of the fibrous tissue, elastic tissue which is damaged in the stretch marks. Due to breaking of this dermis stretch marks appear. The protein component if taken regular in good quantity then the skin will be healthy and it will not break and these stretch marks will not form.
So my advice will be to all the parents and the young children that at least 1gm of protein per kg body weight should be taken. The proteins are there in the pulses and in the milk and all non-vegetarian diets. Pulses at least 2-3 katori that is at least 40-60gms of pulses should be taken per day. And about a liter of milk should be taken by the children that provides about 30-35gms of protein. And if people are taking non-veg diet then egg should also be taken regularly then the skin will be healthy. And it should be started from the beginning of the adolescent period so that the major component of the skin which is dermis should be healthy and in this way we can prevent the formation of stretch marks and once these stretch marks are formed we cannot do much. During the people who are developed due to exercises and going to the gym or during pregnancy, they can also be prevented by using sufficient lubricant and massage of the skin at regular intervals.
If somebody is having further clarification or on anything on the stretch marks they can contact me by Lybrate.
My face colour is little bit dull but it is not even tone. Please give me some suggestion to have even tone fair skin. I have some acne on my face too.
I had got red colour rashes in my perineum and it is itchy and painful too. What to dobl for treatment please help.
The first thing anyone notices about you is your face and often people find themselves wishing for things like a slimmer nose, fuller lips etc. This is where facial cosmetic surgery comes in. Facial cosmetic surgery can address areas like your eyebrows, nose, cheeks, chin etc to give you the facial structure you've dreamed of.
Take a look at some of the common types of facial cosmetic procedures:
- Brow lift: Frown lines and creases that develop across the forehead, between the eyes and over the nose bridge can be addressed through this procedure. This surgery is performed mainly to combat signs of aging and involves raising eye brows that may be sagging over the eyelid.
- Eyelid surgery: Puffiness in the upper eye lids may be caused by excessive fat deposits. When combined with sagging skin, it can disturb the contours of the eye and in some cases cause vision problems. Blepharoplasty or eye lid surgery removes this excess skin and corrects fine lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes.
- Nose: A rhinoplasty is used to reconstruct the nose. The nasal skin is separated from the tissue and cartilage structure underneath which is then reshaped as desired and then sutured together again. Rhinoplasty is of two types; open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty.
- Ears: An octoplasty is a facial cosmetic surgery aimed at correcting protruding ears or large outer ears and correcting ear deformities such as a lop ear, cupped ear or shell ear and torn ear lobes. This surgery is usually performed on children between the ages of 4 to 14.
- Chin: Surgery on your chin can reshape it to make it look smaller or bigger as desired. This can be done by reshaping the jaw bone or inserting an implant. In some cases the procedure may be combined with liposuction.
- Forehead: Signs of aging on the forehead, frown lines or heavy brows triggered by stress and hereditary furrowed lines above the nose can be addressed with a forehead lift. This procedure is often performed along with a facelift or eyelid surgery.
- Facelift: As we grow older, our skin loses its elasticity. This triggers the development of wrinkles and deepens creases along the nose and cheek. Facelifts address these signs of aging by tightening skin and strengthening the muscles beneath it. Facial cosmetic surgery can also be used to correct congenital defects such as cleft lips and to treat scars.
Surgery to repair a cleft lip or cleft palate not only enhances appearances but also enhances the quality of life by improving functionality. Scar revision surgery involves the injecting or application of steroid medication to lighten the scar and make it less obvious. To treat burns that leave behind prominent scars, a procedure called Z plasty may be used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.