Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul ChopraYour feedback matters!
My son is 2 and half years old and bite any 1 at any time can't understand problem since 2 years please suggest me something.
Hello Dr. I have a daughter who is 5 month but she is very weak her weight is only 4 kg. I am much worried about their health pls tell me what to do.
On the occasion of World Asthma Day (3rd May, 2016), I would like to break a few myths related around Asthma which otherwise people generally believe to be true.
Myth #1 - Asthma is a communicable disease
Fact #1 - Asthma is an allergic disease and is neither contagious (infectious) or communicable (passed on from one person to another)
Myth #2 - Inhalers are addictive
Fact #2 - Absolutely wrong! Inhalers are not addictive but it is a good habit to keep control over asthma and use your inhalers as prescribed by your doctor. Also, contrary to popular belief that using inhalers on a regular basis reduces their effectiveness, inhalers continue to be equally effective on a regular basis.
Myth #3 - Inhalers are expensive
Fact #3 - Again, absolutely incorrect! Inhalers are in fact cheaper when compared to other drugs.
Myth #4 - Inhalers are given to patients who face Chronic Asthma
Fact #4 - Wrong! Inhalers should be used from a very early stage itself to prevent progression of the disease.
I hope this tip helped bust atleast a few notions that most people have about Asthma and that you are now better informed about this condition. In case you would like to ask me anything or discuss your or your loved one's case in detail, feel free to 'Consult' privately with me.
1years old boy. Motion several (3--4) times in the afternoon with little mass and more fluid, and the skin around the anus get irritated with red colour and the child cry loudly for a long time. The fluid seems to be acidic. The child take only homely food such as rice, wheat, milk, banana and thrice NAN milk powder. What to do? Any change in the feeding?
My aunt has delivered to a 2nd baby after 8 years gap from the delivery. She is not getting breast milk to feed the baby. The baby is being feeded with milk powder. Is it safe to continue with it. Can we feed with normal. pasteurised milk. Please provide the reasons for not getting milk and tips and suggestions to get milk. thank you.
My baby had injection in second month on hip. But I heard dis injection is given only on thighs. Also he had fever for 3 days. Is my doctor right?
Birthweight of my baby boy was 2.75kgs and he now weighs 4.96kgs at 2 and half months. He was born on July 13th 2015 and has only breastmilk also his feeding time is hardly 15 mins on one side every 2 hrs during day and 15 mins every 4 hrs during night. Is his weight gain goin good as per his age? and is his feeding time too less for his age because I read that other children feed for longer time?
Worms are intestinal parasites, which infest human beings and in addition some animals like dogs, cats and so forth. The most common are roundworms, stick worm, tape worm and snare worms. However, here are a few homoeopathic cures for the same:
- Cina [Cina]: For the patient who is irritable, crabby, has a wiped out pale face with circles under the eyes, grinds the teeth around evening time and has convulsions. There is canine appetite or variable hunger. The kid picks his nose and shouts out in his sleep. They tend to twitch their hands and feet and have milky urine. A detectable symptom is a pale blue shading around the mouth.
- Santonine. [Sant]: The alkaloid of Cina is additionally a solution for round worms. It is not a protected cure as Cina and not anymore adequate.
- Caladium [Calad]: Very effective when worms go over the perineum and get into the vagina in young ladies, with the tendency to excite arousal.
- Teucrium. [Teucr]: It is the solution for ascarids or pinworms. There is much disturbance brought about by them in the rectum. Although, it once in a while flops in this condition. Another solution for stick worms is Sinapis nigra.
- Pigelia. [Spig]: student jolting with the paleness of the face, blue circles around the eyes, blackout, sickened feeling with nauseated feeling about the navel brought on by the nearness of worms, shows the need of Spigelia. It has stools comprising of bodily fluid, faces and worms. Put a pinch on a cloth and breathe in till the time shivering and convulsions from the worms stop.
- Ignatia [Ign]: Is effective where the kid is highly energised and has tickling and itching at the butt.
- Indigo [Indg]: Is a solution for ascarids or string worms in melancholic youngsters, with extreme pain in the umbilical locale as well as convulsions from the worms.
- Sabadilla [Sabad]: For those who have worm symptoms like nausea, heaving and colic.
- Stannum. [Stann]: Stannum so stuns the worms that they are easily dislodged by laxatives. It has many worms’ symptoms including pale indented face and eyes encircled by blue rings, Sluggish smell, unpleasing odour, bad breath and inactive fever. Stannum is very helpful in this case.
- Calcarea [Calc]: Calcarea is a very effective remedy to get rid of ringworms as it kills them and they pass through the stool.
- Cuprum oxydatum nigrum. [Cupr-o]: This cure will expel a wide range of worms, cure trichinosis, and even tapeworms. One small cap in addition with Nux vomica four or five times each day for four to six weeks, which dependably promises to cure tapeworm without bringing on the patient any discomfort whatsoever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.
My daughter is 2 years 4 months old. At night she finishes her dinner by 9.45 pm. She sleeps between 12.30 to 1 and gets up around 12.30 pm next day. Is it necessary to feed her at night?
My baby 11 months old & still weight is 6 kgs only can any one please suggest for weight gain Present baby eating below foods: rice with Dal & rice with tamarind Bread in morning & mother milk feeding only Out side milk was not drink.
With the word accident, the first thing that comes to our mind is a traffic accident or an outdoor accident. We all may usually relate accidents with outdoor hazards, but little do we realize that the place that we consider to be the safest, that is, our homes, has a number of hazards itself. Accidents at home are usually caused due to negligence. Children are especially prone to be hurt by such accidents. Just like we stay careful outside our home, it is also important to maintain safety indoors to prevent accidents.
Here are some of the common accidents that occur mostly to children along with the preventive steps that can help you to avoid them:
1. Fall: Falling is one of the most common accidents that children experience. There may be a number of factors such as objects scattered on the floor, the floor being slippery, unstable walking of the child, lack of supervision, etc.
- Keep floors clean, dry and free from unnecessary obstructions.
- Always keep a check on your toddler as he learns to walk
- Do not keep babies unattended when they are sitting on a high surface
- Keep the bed rail of the baby cot raised whenever the child is in it
2. Choking: Choking is a serious condition that leads to breathlessness due to accidental swallowing of foods or objects, covering head by blankets, strangulation, etc.
- Avoid toys that have small detachable parts
- Keep a watch on your child when he/she plays with small objects
- Keep children away from buckets or tubs filled with water
- Never allow your children to play while eating
3. Burns: Burns may occur from contact with hot objects, hot water or fire.
- Make sure that you don't hold a child and a hot object or beverage at the same time
- Make sure that your child doesn't enter the kitchen without supervision
- While preparing warm water for bathing your child in, always check the water temperature beforehand
4. Poisoning: Poisoning takes place under conditions of food poisoning or accidental swallowing of harmful substances like detergents, insecticides or drugs.
- Keep all medicines, detergents, soaps and chemicals out of the child's reach
- Store all chemicals and toxic substances in their respective containers or make sure the containers are labelled properly
- Always keep a first-aid box ready at hand if you have a child at home. For severe conditions talk to a doctor or visit a hospital immediately.
Doctor I am 32 years old & have 12 years old girl baby after I am current operation but now I want another baby its possible please tel me.
My daughter is 8 year. Uske dil me janm se hi 13 mm ka hole hai. Jiski Myne injyographi 1 year ki thi tabhi karai thi tab se ab tak vo thik hai. Medisan me usko, Furoped syrap Tonoferan syrap De raha Hu kya ye sahi hai.
My daughter, 15 yrs, is having phlegm which turned into yellow now along with dry cough prevalent in nights. She was running fever and we consulted a doc one week back and was prescribed antibiotic. The fever subsided next morning itself and we did not use the anti biotic. Now, with dry cough, one ear blocked and scanty yellow discharge from nose, should the anti biotic would be administered?
I am 32 years old. Recently I hv a c section delivered a baby. After that I used some ayurvedic mefic to keep body heat. So now am getting excess dehydration. My total body is burning. Unable to feed baby also am getting fatigue, tired really feeling discomfort. What should I do.
She is suffering from pcos from long time. And her 1 month of the 3 month treatment has been Completed. So how do she know that she is getting better. She had period of 5 days last month. please tell me the all symptoms of getting better.
Hi .i have 10 months old baby. My wife drunk non alcohol beer. Is there any any problems for baby because breast feeding.
For a child, the first visit to the dentist can be panicky. This is because they don't realize what's in store. Children get a better idea about dentists after getting some information about the visit. We, as grown ups, must be set up to answer the inquiries and instruct our children in the most ideal way.
The following are some valuable tips on the best way to set up a child for the first dentist appointment:
- Guardians regularly ask when they ought to take their child for the first ever dental visit. The best time to begin taking children for a dental checkup is either when their first tooth pops out, or right around their first birthday. Expert dentists are capable of instantly recognizing any potential issues with the development and advancement of the jaw and delicate palate. Children's teeth are more porous and defenseless to decay than grown-up's teeth; so early mediation is a basic to guarantee those small teeth staying sound. It is also recommended that guardians begin brushing their child's teeth when they start coming out, utilizing a delicate toothbrush and plain water. Brushing should be started as early as possible.
- It's never too early to begin acquainting your kids with tooth brushing and knowledge of oral health. The best time to begin is before your kid's first dental visit. Youngsters love to find out about their bodies, and love to grin, touch, and investigate new things. There are many fun ways to impart oral health education to children. The more agreeable they are with their mouth and teeth, the less demanding your youngster's first dental visit will be.
- Tooth brushing is an essential piece of our everyday self-care, and it is our habit. A child, after being introduced to a brush and a toothbrush will take a certain time period to make daily brushing a habit. Guardians and the kids can brush their teeth "together". It is essential to note that toothbrushes are apparatuses, not toys, and that infants and babies ought to be firmly directed.
- Little children, are extremely insightful and touchy to the states of mind of people around them. Children regularly reflect our conduct. When we are casual and upbeat, children will probably be loose, as well. Children are additionally more casual when they are prepared for or taught something. Invest energy conversing with children about going to the dentist. You can also discuss what the dentist will do, emphatically.
- Always choose the most trustworthy dentist who is friendly and knows how to handle a child on his first dentist visit.
A child's first dentist appointment is a special one, and you should prepare him accordingly.