Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwani MaichandYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor good evening. I am 50 years old woman and diabetic patient. I came to know about it just three months back because my shoulder was paining. Right now I am taking me dicine. I have few questions. Will you please answer them. 1. How long will it take to cure my shoulder pain. I am regularly doing some exercises. 2. I have had my blood test done from two different labs but both are showing different results. So which is more accurate.
I have pain in my legs over one week and I used many medicines but I don't get any relief what should I do?
Hello sir I am Pavan chandra working as a software engineer daily I am sitting around 8 hours since last 2 month's thats the reason for my back pain please suggest me how to solve my problem.
Aaj mera right hand & leg thoda bhari lag rha means I am not feeling comfortable what should I do in this situation?
I have lower back pain only when I stand for more than 30-40 minutes I get numbness on my right leg ,I can't stand and I feel something pinching on my lower back. My weight is 88 and my age is 21 ,please suggest me,
I am getting pain below the Thumb. Initially at right side, then left, now pain in right foot, I am having spondylitis problem also but now some how okey as doing neck exercise, please Suggest.
I am 25 years m, I am having poor blood circulation problems sometimes when I bend my hands or legs, they get numb without proper blood circulation and sometimes not, also when I use mobile when lying down and resting my elbows on the floor, the nerve under the elbow gets easily pressed and my little finger gets numb without blood circulation, my nerves are getting easily pressed and causing poor blood flow, I got vit b12 and vit d tests done 4months ago I had vit d deficiency, and vit b12 was normal, so I took vit d treatment also but no improvement, I HAVE SEEN ON INTERNET THAT VIT E DEFICIENCY ALSO CAUSES POOR BLOOD CIRCULATION AND NERVE PROBLEMS, SO CAN I TAKE VIT E TABS FOR 15 DAYS AND CHECK, HOW MUCH DOSE IS SAFE FOR DAILY, PLS GUIDE ME. I also have some stress and anxiety problem, whether this stress, anxiety is causing this problem, I am very much confused, pls any one solve my confusion and problem.
I am 45 years old lady, I am a vegan. I often get sudden pain in right leg from hip to ankle .My height is 5.3 & weight is 76 kgs. The pain comes suddenly after work .This problem started 1 month ago .Please suggest some home remedy or Ayurvedic medicine for this problem.
I am having severe pain in my left thigh since last couple of days, particularly while walking. The walk becomes quite tiring and I get exhausted. I take pain killers and massage with Dr. Ortho oil. It hasn't given any relief. What else should I do to get relief from this pain.
I am 23 yrs old and I am suffering from neck pain for a long time. I am an it graduate working with an mnc. Please advice.
I am 21 years old. And I am suffering from back bone pain. Not all the time. And its not continuous. I need help.
My body aches so much all the time. The pain is really bad all over my back, neck, arms, legs and shoulders.
I am 61 years and am obese weigh 100kg. And 5.7" Is it safe for me to have this surgery or is there some other way I can loose weight. I have suffered a minor stroke last year and a minor heart attack about 13 years back. I have 7 dislocations in my back! rest, I am fine!
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Acupuncture: Relieving pressure points which can increase inflammation is also widely used to control pain.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.