Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashutosh ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 22. I'm in relationship with my boyfriend. We had several times of intercourse. I'm suffering from abdominal pain for 3 days. When we were in an intimate relationship I had this pain. Is it normal to have abdominal pain in that moment (though we had many times)?
Hello. M suffering from constant belching since 2 months .I was taking allopathy n ayurvedic medicine but it didn't help Now m taking homeopathic medicine R 5 drops bt there seems to b no effect .I also have regular fatigue and leg cramps. Pls help m worried.
I m 32 years old. I m having severe acidity problems. Vomiting an stomach pains at times. I have taken many measures like vild milk an antacids to.
I am 24 years of age and I am having big problem of acidity (pitta. My father is also having same problem. I used to take tablet every morning (omme-d or asilog). Because of this there are many restrictions on my food also not to take oily foods, tur daal, etc.how should I recover from this problem. So that I could eat everything I want. Please help.
I am 29 year old female having pregnancy of 5 week 5 days (as per USG report), I am facing too much problem with acidity, which medicine I can take for relief from acidity and is this will safe during pregnancy.
She diagnosed stone in gallbladder 2 years ago. Doctor advised operation. But operation was not done. Now she is pregnant of 2 months. Pl advice will anaesthesia harm the child in womb during operation? Can operation be done during pregnancy in this stage.
I am suffering from gastric problem, and after having food it aggravates and sometime during sleep the food returns back which causes choking and breathing problem. I am 63 now and wanted a permanent solution for this problem. Thank you.
I am 23 years old boys. Right now I am suffering from pan gastritis. I had taken so many treatment but no profit. My chief complaint is pain in abdomen frequently and. Swelling of stomach.
I want to get rid of belly bloating and frequent belchs that making me uncomfortable and I can not breath freely. I am taking pan d, enzyme and antacid liquid but no use.
For back pain I was prescribed Painkillers 10 days back. After that I a, m getting semisolid stools, nearly 3 times a day. The stolls are not loose, only semi solid. Now I am having severe itchiness in the area around the anus. I am fat and my hands I cannot reach there to scratch too. What could be the line of treatment in this issue. I want immediate relief as the itchiness keeps me very disturbed constantly.
I am suffering from gas in the stomach since from the morning every day. Also answer me that egg make gas in stomach.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from acidity continue and does not more effect of tablets on me. Give me perfect solution so I relief from this problem. .please help me.
Dear Sir, My son(22years old) is suffering from ULCERATIVE COLITIS since 2 years.He is surviving by taking daily medicines.Is there any permanent remedy for us.Kindly educate/guide me in this regard ? Regards, P.V.SETTY, VIZAG
I am suffering from irritable bowel syndrome for 30 years less appetite, indigestion,mucus in the stool and sometimes loose motion are my problems. Kindly reply.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it, but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. Vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, Onions, Garlic and Broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily, thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruits which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be taken half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking quickly, allows a lot of air to go into the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many fruit and vegetables.
- Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw and smoking, etc. causes air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk is known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally, then it is alright, but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.