Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashu Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 old girl and I had withdrawal sex with 1 boy lot of times without condom but he cheated me, now I'm getting married with other 1, so will I face any problem regarding sex life? please help me I'm very panic.
Hi doc I'm 17 years old nd of 4.5 months pregnant advice me how to take care and pls help me how to do gender test at home?
4 Types of irregular periods and their causes
Menstruation is a cyclical process when at a certain time of the month, the lining of the uterus is shed and vaginal bleeding occurs. Sometimes there can be abnormalities in this cycle. Irregular periods in women are abnormal variations in the length, volume, duration and quality of menstrual cycle. Irregular periods aren't uncommon among menstruating women.
Abnormalities in periods can be of the following nature:
- Varying time between successive periods
- Loss of more or less blood than usual
- Varying length of your periods
Based on these categorizations, the different types of periods are:
1. Irregular menstrual bleeding - Irregular menstrual bleeding is characterized by bleeding that takes place for more than 20 days in a solitary cycle, which can lengthen over a period of a year.
2. Absent menstrual bleeding - In this type of menstrual bleeding, a woman does not get her period at all within a span of 90 days.
3. Heavy menstrual bleeding - This involves excessive blood loss that may intervene with a woman's physical, psychological and social quality of life.
4. Heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding - This is less common than heavy menstrual bleeding and is different from in terms of duration. A different type of therapy is required to treat the condition as it is more severe in nature.
5. Light menstrual bleeding - Light menstrual bleeding is characterized by less blood loss than usual.
Irregular periods can be caused due to several reasons. Some of them are:
- Switching from one birth control pill to another or taking certain medication
- Excessive exercising
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Getting an IUD (intrauterine device)
- Gradual thickening of uterine lining or the development of polyps on the uterine lining
- Scarring of the lining of the uterus can also be a possible cause
Changes in the body's level of hormones can also disrupt a woman's periods. Estrogen and progesterone are the chief hormones that play a crucial part in the menstrual cycle and influence the flow as well, thereby giving rise to abnormalities if their balance is disturbed.
When it comes to treating irregular periods, modifying your lifestyle, treating the underlying issue behind an irregular cycle, changing your birth control pills (if that is the cause), opting for hormone therapy or even surgery are viable treatment options.
Related Tip: Effective Ways to Ease Heavy Bleeding During Periods
Hi! I have a symptoms of pregnancy. I am getting bleeding from yesterday it's not like my regular periods. But I have stomach and back pain it's like my periods time pain.
I had my last LMP on 24 of july and I didn't had periods till now. I am experiencing the pain and feeling of blood flow but periods are not coming and after my last LMP I have got acne on my face and around neck. I too had history of functional ovary cyst last year which was normal after my periods and ultrasound ws normal.
Hello My fiance is having terrible periods pain, the pain is so much that she can not even leave her bed, We have visited many doctors, but nothing helped us. Please help us in this regard.
Can I eat rohu fish in pregnancy I am 40 days pregnant. Or what all I can eat in. I also have high sugar found in gct.
My periods are delayed . I m not able to conceive . I had a miscarriage last year . But now i m very stressed whether i ll able to conceive or not. Please suggest me that should i do for conceiving ?
Hello mere thode din pehle breast mein pain rehta that. To mein doctor k pass gyi unohne physically check Kiya aur kha normal hai unohne mujhe tablets di thi. Unme ek calcimax thi, ek tc- primrose capsul usme vitamin D3 vitamin c and vitamin e and prime rose oil h wo di thi. Tablets 15 days ki thi ab meri breast pehle se theek h pain kabhi kabhi krti h 15 days k course k Baad mein sirf prime rose Wale capsul leti hu kya inse koi side effect ho sakta h kya. Aur kya inke khane se mere body mein vitamin ya hormon ka level low ya high ho sakta h kya ya phir hormon imbalance please provide me accurate answer.
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.