Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok SharmaYour feedback matters!
I feel stomachache when I get up every morning. I had pain relief medicine. But it doesn't work. How should I do? Do I need to go to hospital for medical check up ?
What is the best time to drink milk for children and adults both and should it be consumed 2 times a day or only once?
I do not have tonsils but since last 4 - 5 days its like someone is pinching in my throat. At very particular left side of my neck. What it can be?
I am highly addicted of alcohol, pan and smoking. want to quit all these habits but how please help me. L have lost penis erection also.
I am having acne on my face. I am worry how to cure them. I have used many cream, facewash, and other organic homemade ways. Bt I didn't get any result. Secondly, the acne marks are the worst. Plzz help me to cure my acne and its bad marks.
Hi I am suffering from Insomnia from more than a year. I consulted a neurologist in Hyderabad. He has prescribed me STILNOCT 12.5 mg earlier and after one month changed the same tablet to 6.25 mg. Now my situation is like without tablet I will not get sleep no matter how hard exercise I do or take hot shower before bed. Even after taking tablet I am not getting deep sleep and wakeup fully tired and remember everything that goes in mind while sleep. The big problem is now I am suffering from memory loss. I am forgetting a lot of things. Kindly help. Highly appreciate any help and advice.
I am single and I masturbate often but It's not enough as I do not have a girl to have sex with, and I even fantasize my girl best friend sometimes but I feel obligated as she is girl of my best friend. What should I do to satisfy myself.
My mom had three blockage in heart artery.Angioplasty has done on 14 march 2015.Chest pain has gone off.Is she now safe ?
Hello I'm 22 years old male, From past 3, 4 years I was suffering from Constipation and Burning sensation after passing stools, 2 months ago I had an Fistula Operation, after the Operation I was free I was passing soft stools and was no Burning sensation after passing stools. But past from a week I'm suffering from Constipation, Hard Stools and Burning sensation after passing stools. Will look forward for your reply. Regards.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.
Just crossed due date by 2 days, I have swollen in left side of virgin and legs. Irritation during urinating from yesterday. Labor pain is not started yet.
मेरी कभी - कभी सवपन दोष महीने मे एक बार ठी होती है, पर कभी तो बहुत जलदी 7 दिन या 10 दिन के अंदर ही हो जाती है। इसे ठीक करने का उपाय बताएँ ।
I had a lipid profile and it's showing high triglycerides, cholesterol and OLD. What precaution and treatment I must undergo. Does heavy exercise is allowed. Triglycerides. 199 LDL. 125 CHOLESTEROL 206.
My wife don't feel any pleasure during intercourse. She never reach orgasm while having sex, however she easily reach orgasm by rubbing clitoris. Is this a medical problems? What is the treatment for it?
I am suffering from skin allergy from last 2 months, red patches on all over body with itching skin.
Losing weight is very difficult and for that you don't have to eat less or exercise more as it will not work. The quantity of calories is not taken into account, but it is only the quality of the calories that make a huge difference without the need of you going hungry. It is very necessary that your body is able to burn the calories you eat and in this way, you can lose weight. Eating few calories on a regular basis can result in malnutrition, nutrient deficiencies and in unhealthy weight loss.
Conditions That Occur due to under eating: By intake of few calories on day to day basis, our body system learns to live with smaller amount, and it slows down the metabolism of your body. The worst thing is that you even stop losing weight and feel irritated as well as sluggish on the diet you intake. The practice can be reversed, and it will not take much time for your body to recover and its metabolism to become better.
Long term intake of low diet can also put you at a higher risk of nutritional deficiency. As by eating less, the body does not get the necessary vitamins and minerals required for daily functioning.
To keep alive it is very important that a minimum blood-glucose level is maintained. If the blood glucose is less than required, a lot of stress can be created on your organs, and it would damage vital organs of your body.
It is very important that we develop positive food thoughts, and constant restriction can result in eating disorders like orthorexia and anorexia.
Opt For Healthy Eating:
- The simple and healthy way which you can start with to lose weight would be at first to make small changes like eliminating beverages that are sugary as well as replacing your diet with healthier choices.
- It is best to avoid unhealthier choices like eating muffins and donuts for breakfast. Instead, you should eat whole foods, oatmeal, eggs and fruit for breakfast.
- The basic rules that should be followed are that men should not eat above 1500 calories in a day, and women should not eat above 1200 calories in a day.
- It is best to focus on eating healthy food instead of calorie counting. The weight loss may be slow, but it would be stable and long-lasting.
The most important step that needs to be followed to lose weight effectively is to have a proper mindset and follow a healthy diet to achieve your goal.