Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok GuptaYour feedback matters!
I was doing tricep in gym than I got little injury in my elbow till than I am feeling pain in elbow. Please help me.
A poor posture like sitting or driving in a hunched position for too long can cause strain the neck muslces.
I am 30 years and I am working as a software engg from the past 5 years and suffering from backpain and sharp pain at the back side of my rib cage, please suggest me to reduce the pain.
From last 6 months getting a lot back pain I in last two months back I had consult doctor near my home he suggested me to take xray but in xray there was a no problem and suggested use painkillers tablets at the time but right now I had sever back pain I cannot control pain please let me know what should I do ?
My aunt kanta choudhary's was diagnosed that the fluid in her knee is dried up and consequently she started complaining about tremendous pain in her knee. She is unable to walk efficiently and stand for a longer time. Meanwhile we read about the stem cell therapy preferred over knee replacement. My question is should we opt for the stem cell therapy? How much assurance can you give about the cure? What is the success percentage?
This is Ramki My Problem is a Hip Pain , Actually last year when I travelled a distance 2-days , There it Started chronic , and now when ever I sit for half-an-hour then my Back starts ache , unbearable pain that I couldn't Sit for whole day again , and even in Bed I can't Manage the pain , Get me a Solution please , Thank you ,
Hello sir my aunty has leg pains from 1 years I thought it is any disease but pains comes one and goes, what is the problem sir?
Hello sir mujhe last 7-8 days se left hand mai pain ho raha hai specially uper bale joint ke pass or thoda bahut left chest bechani se left chest mai mujhe kya karna chahiye.
Hi All I m 30 years old male, I have joint gym I do cardio as well I want to build muscle n want to make my body Hard, pls suggest me some diet I m pure vegetarian pls advice me pre n post work out diet n what can I eat through out d day.
Hi, I am 30 years old and suffering from backache pain since last few years. It happens sometime. I have used so many pain killers but no relief.
Hello Doctor , I am 28 year old married . Since 4 year I was suffering in knees. Ankle and waist pain and finally I get to knew that I had'D' deficiency and it was 9 but now it is 45 after taking injection and medicine but still getting pain and unable to climb big steps and buses also and losing balance some time so can you tell me what is the problem and how can I get rid from this please help me.
Hi, I feel pain in my Ribs (left side) and both shoulder, neck frequently. Please suggest the cause and treatment.
I keep getting strange pains in my leg. I think they're muscle strains but I feel that's unlikely since I have suddenly gone from a very active (walking over 2 miles a day) to a sedentary lifestyle (walking around my house). The first pain was behind my left knee towards the right side of my leg. It had a slight burning sensation when I touched it but wasn't red, hot or swollen. Earlier I was experiencing identical pains behind each knee in the top of my calf. All of these pains are mild, but annoying. They come and go and don't seem to get any worse, but occasionally get better.
I have pain in joint area of left leg and body and continuous pain i cant sit down with fold.(palathi) and while wearing pant i have to seat n wear.Swelling on left leg top joint i had applied ayurveda oil but no relife, also on left hand top side where muscullar area i get clott type (GHATH) what should i do get realived from both.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.