Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Garg
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok GargYour feedback matters!
I have habit of smoking, i'm not a chain smoker but regular smoker. My lips are turning black and I want them to come back to its true state. Is there any medicine I can buy to get back my lips.
I'm using melacare cream for 2 years. Recently, I got a lot of pimples on my face and skin become oily. Can anyone tell me home remedies to recover my skin fast, please.
Hello sir my father have a prostate problem before 2 years lot of medicines he try but no improvement so what should he do.
Hi Sir, I have under arm lump in right armpit that I seen 2 years back but now I feel little strain or little heaviness in right breast and worried to see many things on you tube I check my breast have not seen any lump can you suggest me some medicine now I started walk and few exercise. I reside in najafgarh so difficult to come chandigarh.
I am a 29 years male, I am getting black heads on my nose tip very frequently. Please provide me solution.
Hi, I have a younger sister age of 16 years having disease of mycobacterim tuberculosis, and as per the doctor we have completed six months of her treatment and doctor advised to have 24 months of complete treatment, but due to high dose of medicines her skin colour is getting dark day by day so what will be the solution for it? And one more question that how can this big disease can attack just on 16 years girl. She is going to apply ssc board exam in running year, so she is taking big stress on her mind. How can we manage her disease and exam burden?
A chemical peel is a chemical where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels help to improve the appearance of the skin on the hands, neck and the face. The peel when applied to the skin causes it to exfoliate and eventually peels off. The new skin is much smoother and less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliate it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: These are the most aggressive types of peels, which helps to treat coarse wrinkles, severely sun damaged skin and even pre-cancerous growth. In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used to remove damaged cells on the skin. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
- Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions such as:
- Reduction of fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing the age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin is improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. Chemical peels are quite safe and have several benefits.
- Chemical peels help in restoring your wrinkled, blotchy and sun damaged skin, making it fresh and youthful.
- There are three major types of chemical peels, which offer different benefits. The light chemical peel helps in improving the acne scars and enhances skin texture. The medium peels help in smoothening wrinkles and correcting the age spots. The deep chemical peels treat skin damage due to the sun.
- Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is very effective and satisfactory results are obtained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.