Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. AshishYour feedback matters!
Could I get a rhinoplasty for a thick and wide body I have, it messes with my looks and I wanna know to what extent I can correct this. Thanks.
I hear light sound ( it sounds like shrill, continuously).The sound appears to be from my left ear. It does not trouble me much and feel only when I concentrate on it. Can it be cured?
Having constant cuts/ulcers in my mouth and feeling of pain on the right side of throat mot able to recover from it from last month.
I had a sudden itching and burning sensation in my ear last night which went away when I woke up this morning? What could be the reason for the same?
My father is suffering from polypoidal mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus and demyelinating lesion is observed, his left side of body is sometimes weak and vibrate. He is treated with drugs like betnesol, palsibon,trioptal, amitone plus. But still he is suffering from the same. Suggest me route of treatment.
I got blood drops from my nose when iam bathing is this a serious problem? And what steps to be taken.
I am suffering from throat pain since last month. have taken medication but still persists. Medicines i used are allercet 10 mg ,mahacef xl 200 and ambrodil syrup. Throat pain is not severe now but i still feel it wen gulping. Is it a symptom of thyroid?
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection. It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Kindly take any ayurvedic medicine under supervision of an experienced ayurvedic doctor.
If severe cough persists for more than 5 days with the fever which reduces with the medicine daily and repeats the other day along with the disturbance in the throat What is that we are supposed to do? Pls kindly suggest us as soon as possible! Thank-you:)
I've been feeling very faint and dizzy lately, and I often find myself blacking out do you know what's going on.
I am sinusitis, I am having back head pain in lower part of head only whenever having cough, is this due to sinus problem? Also pain is only in day not in night. Please give main root of problem.
I am a 35 year old male, actually I get some mucus kind of semi solid waste from my throat through my mouth which is very uncomfortable. Usually that will be present in your nose but in dont know why does it domes out from my mouth. What should I do?
My ear is paining so much from about 1 week and due to that I am not in condition to listen it properly also in right ear so please tell me something.
I feel that sometimes my throat get swollen at adam's apple and it seems normal at next day what's wron with it?
I am feeling a difficulty in breathing to my left nose. When I saw in mirror I found a reddish muscle is covering almost 80% of my nose. What I have. And what should I have to do/
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.