Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Beer belly is a word that is used to describe a fat tummy that results from excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks. In case of any alcohol drink, the liver tends to burn alcohol instead of fat which leads to bigger tummies. Basically, if the calorie intake is higher than calorie expenditure, then fat tends to accumulate in the body.
Now if you want to turn that beer belly into six pack abs, then you need to follow these rules:
- Limit carbohydrate consumption: This means you have to cut down on sugar and starch based foods such as refined flour, aerated drinks and anything that has sugar in it. Follow a strict diet that focuses on limited amount of whole grains. Avoid simple carbohydrates which tend to spike blood sugar levels and aid in fat accumulation. Reduce your portion sizes to decrease your overall calorie consumption.
- Eat fiber: Increase fiber consumption as fiber is beneficial for losing fat. It helps in you feeling fuller and thus, eat less. Fiber also reduces the chances of various life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as beans, lentils and broccoli.
- Weight training: Weight training helps in losing body fat by increasing muscle mass in the body. Muscle burns calories at rest, so more muscle means more calorie burnt. Weight training also increases your metabolism which means your overall calorie expenditure will increase significantly. If you don't have access to a gym then combine bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squats and pull ups in a circuit. A sample workout circuit would be 20 push up, 20 squats and 5 pull ups one after the other. Rest for a minute and then repeat the circuit 5 times.
- Cardio: Cardio is very important in losing fat from all over your body. Opt for HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of steady state cardio like jogging at the same pace over a period of time. Too much steady state cardio increases cortisol levels in the body leading to muscle loss. Instead focus on HIIT which means you do an exercise at full throttle for a short period of time such as 30 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds and then to another exercise for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for another 10 minutes. This method keeps your metabolism elevated for 48 hours after your workout.
Is there any perfect time for sex if couples are planning to have a baby? When is a woman most likely to get pregnant how can we calculate because I heard its according to the cycle of menstrual cycle.
Sir or mam I want to ask thigh me jalan si start ho rhi hai aisa kyu ho rha hai aur kaise thk hoga.Please tell.
I have done my marriage before 4 month still I have no baby can you give me suggestion of how can I do it because I have try 4 months.
Hey, I am 20 and I have a problem of abnormal periods. I am also gaining weight because of it. I did my sonography and it tells that I have a problem of pcod. Please help me by telling me any cure or home remedy.
I am 30 year old female as I consulted gynaecologist for pregnancy but now I am facing vaginal cyst problem for this I am getting delayed pregnancy as I am taking treatment from 5 months still I am not able t conceive please let me know what I can do further now I am taking 2 tablets obimet 1 mg and sysgol active is this helpful pls reply.
Hi Sir, My girlfriend has taken about 8 ipill last 1 year. Now periods every month only 1 day coming. Before using ipill normally 5-6 day periods time, but now only 1 day in Every month. But we got into such situations. Can you please answer this. Is this any problem for that. Pls answer me.
Hi I am 26 years old I got marriage in December 2014 after marriage my periods was irregular cycle changing from 30 to 37 days. We met doctor in the month of June2015 they told me to go for full abdonomial scan. Scan reports showing that bilateral poly cystic overlies. Given folic acid. I started using immediately but from July to tell I didnt get my periods pregnancy test showing negative. What I have to do now, will I get pregnancy.
My wife (43 yrs) keeps experiencing a tingling sensation in her fingers and toes (right hand and foot) after working or walking for 20 mins. She feels heaviness in her hand and numbness. After some rest she feels okay. Would appreciate some advice. Thanks.
Helo Dr, 1).I am suffering with genital herpes and using homeopathy medicines since 2 years. 2).Now at the age of 35, I am going to get marry and do not want to transmit to partner and at same time do not wish to do protective sex as I need children immediately as its a late marriage. 3). Please suggest me which way I suppress it without transmitting to partner. I just wanna suppress till I get children.
I am just finished my conceiving period from 8 jan to 15 jan .now how earlier I know that I am pregnant and what precautions I have required to do.
Its been 12days since my last periods (8 april) and all of a sudden my periods started today (19 april). What should I do? What is the reason behind this?
While we all believe that green leafy vegetables are to be included as part of our regime, not all of us know in detail the amount of goodness that is packed in these. The first thing that comes to mind at the thought of leafy green vegetable is the tender, green, luscious looking spinach. However, not all of us know the amount of goodness and nutrition it stores within in. Spinach, though appears to be delicate and light, puts up a strong fight against inflammatory problems, stress-related problems, cardiovascular issues, bone diseases, and various types of cancers.
- Minerals and vitamins: Fresh green spinach is loaded with a multitude of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and K. Major minerals contained in spinach include manganese, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Anti-cancer benefits: The antioxidant properties in spinach come from carotenoids and flavonoids, and it is loaded with about a dozen flavonoid compounds, thereby getting a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Spinach helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach lining and other areas, thereby reducing chances of intestinal cancer. It also provides significant protection against prostate cancer. The incidence of skin papilloma is also reduced with increased consumption of spinach.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The good amounts of vitamin C, E, A, zinc, manganese, selenium are beneficial for reducing stress and thereby reduce incidence of heart attacks and high blood pressure. Spinach also is rich in protein and contains some peptides (small protein units) which inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme, which is responsible for increasing blood pressure. This is another way how spinach helps lower blood pressure.
- Eyes: Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids, which protects the eyes against cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Bones: The bacteria in the stomach convert vitamin K1 in spinach to vitamin K2. While vitamin K1 supports the bones by reducing the number of osteoclasts (cells that break down bones), vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin, which promotes bone formation. The high levels of calcium and magnesium only make it even better for the bones.
- Digestive system: With the good fiber content it has, there is reduced instance of constipation. The anti-inflammatory property helps keep the stomach lining healthy and less prone to ulcers. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps the body alkaline, which helps beat stress.
- Skin: The various minerals and vitamins in spinach reduces chances of skin infections and also adds to the glow of the skin. The itchiness and dryness of the skin also is reduced with regular use of spinach.
So the next time you are thinking, which is one thing you should pick up when you go to the market, think spinach.
An numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I am 22 year old and I am a virgin. I had a delayed period after 2 months. I had a very keen pain on my lower abdomen that lasted the whole night on the 1st day of my periods. The next day morning there was a chunky fleshy discharge with droplets of blood on it. Is it normal? What causes such a discharge? Should I fear? Will I be infertile?
My wife has just delivered a baby girl last month after recovering her body I'm realising that she's absolutely getting weak from inside due to calcium deficiency and muscle pain. Can you suggest me a better way of regaining her health and fitness by natural treatment? What kind of foods and supportive supplements I must to add in her meals?
Hi, I m 18 weeks pregnant ,and my gynac told me to take this tablet, I take calcimax 500 after breakfast, macfolate plus after lunch and feruim d3 after dinner, are these tablets useful during pregnancy or can you please let me know if there is any side effects ,hope its not harmful for my baby.
My wife having itching problem in nd outside vagina very much some times now, and feeling wet inside the vagina, what will be the course of medicines.
A fever is a temporary increase in your body temperature, often due to an illness. Having a fever is a sign that something out of the ordinary is going on in your body.
Fever or elevated body temperature might be caused by:
- A virus
- A bacterial infection
- Heat exhaustion
- Extreme sunburn
- Certain inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis - inflammation of the lining of your joints (synovium)
- A malignant tumor
- Some medications, such as antibiotics and drugs used to treat high blood pressure or seizures
- Some immunizations, such as the diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (dtap) or pneumococcal vaccine
Lifestyle and home remedies
You can try a number of things to make yourself or your child more comfortable during a fever:
- Drink plenty of fluids. Fever can cause fluid loss and dehydration, so drink water, juices or broth. For a child under age 1, use an oral rehydration solution such as pedialyte. These solutions contain water and salts proportioned to replenish fluids and electrolytes. Pedialyte ice pops also are available.
- Rest. You need rest to recover, and activity can raise your body temperature.
- Stay cool. Dress in light clothing, keep the room temperature cool and sleep with only a sheet or light blanket.
You may be able to prevent fevers by reducing exposure to infectious diseases. Here are some tips that can help:
- Wash your hands often and teach your children to do the same, especially before eating, after using the toilet, after spending time in a crowd or around someone who's sick, after petting animals, and during travel on public transportation.
- Show your children how to wash their hands thoroughly, covering both the front and back of each hand with soap and rinsing completely under running water.
- Carry moist towelettes or hand sanitizer with you for times when you don't have access to soap and water.
- Try to avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes, as these are the main ways that viruses and bacteria can enter your body and cause infection.
- Cover your mouth when you cough and your nose when you sneeze and teach your children to do likewise. Whenever possible, turn away from others when coughing or sneezing to avoid passing germs along to them.
- Avoid sharing cups, water bottles and utensils with your child or children.