Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ashe SahaiYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old female from Delhi (India), I have missed my period which was due on 18th feb 2016 which medicine I should take to restore it as I don't want any baby right now as my child is 1 years old. Pls advice.
Secondary infertility is a condition characterized by the inability to get pregnant, in spite of a successful pregnancy in the past. Usually, after a conception, a woman feels confident about her second conception as well. However, this might not always be the case. This condition can be very frustrating for couples, and can be traumatic for some.
Mental issues such as anxiety, shame, depression and guilt can affect both the partners for being unable to conceive the second time.
The causes of secondary infertility are:
Certain complications resulting from previous pregnancies.
Problems in production of sperm in men or impaired delivery of the sperm.
Damage to the fallopian tubes or other ovulation disorders in women.
Physical changes in the body owing to age, weight and usage of certain medications.
Procedures to Overcome Secondary Infertility:
In order to overcome secondary infertility, these tips can come in handy:
Consult a fertility specialist: If you have been facing this problem for a while now, consult a reputed fertility specialist. The doctor will be able to guide you through the steps you must take and also diagnose any underlying condition. Once the condition is diagnosed, if any, then he can zero in on a treatment course.
Change your diet: If you have been following a diet that misses out on some important nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin D that is so crucial for easing the process of conception and reproduction, sit up and rectify it. Eat well balanced meals with a healthy mix of nutrients, so that the body is well nourished and the reproductive system functions optimally.
Exercise regularly: With age, physical activity tends to go on a downward spiral, making you prone to weight gain. Obesity can hamper one’s plans of conception; so if the weighing scale is on the heavier side, then take immediate steps to correct it. Simple exercises such as walking or jogging, done regularly, can help keep weight within optimal levels. It will also help reduce stress levels that will ultimately boost the health of hormones related to reproduction.
Abortion pills (festone combo kit) are safe for 3 to 4 weeks pregnancy. What kind of sideffect are there. And tell me about dose of these pills.
My sister is 38 years old and she was told that the tubes were blocked. Is there any best treatment for the same and possibilities for becoming pregnant.
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.
Hi doctor me and my girl friend had sex last evening. With condom but condom was broken I realised whitish but she not. After with in a minute she pass urine immediately after intercourse? Will it stop me from getting pregnant soon? Please clear my doubt.
My friend had I pill tablet 10 to 12 times since last 3 years is that any problems with when she will get married and want to have baby later as she have read an article on web that having I pill. Can cause damage of baby worm is she is fine or should she consult with doctor. As she had unprotected sex with her partner and sperm was inside but still got periods and on her face black marks are coming Thanks.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.
I don't get my Menstruation on time and regularly. I often get it twice in a month or sometimes thrice a month d flow is irregular. Please help me what to do?
Height: 5' 7" weight: 73kg. Female. Want to lose weight. But stay at hostel so proper nutritional diet not possible. Full day in college. Exercise routine also hampered. Want to lose weight since detected with pcos.
I am 33 weeks pregnant, baby weight 2.0kg in breech position with reduced liquor.Got tifa,triple test ,colour doppler done and all possible tests.I feel less movements doctor has advised operation please suggest is it safe at this stage
My tsh level is 4.73. Using thyroxine 25mg. Trying 2 conceive. All of a sudden faced heavy periods for 20 days last month after 2 months delay first time in my life. Will be delay in period this month due to heavy periods last month. Is thyroxine affecting my menses b'coz never menstural problems before.
My wife is pregnant 16 weeks, she has undergone cervical length surgery (stitch) on 5th September 2016, at that time her cervical length was 2.8 cm and now it is 2.9 cm, will it be safe to travel by flight post 5th October 2016.
I had sex sex in December with protection. But now I'm not getting periods please suggest me. I'm worried to hell.
Have you been trying to have kids for a long time? Is inability and delay giving you sleepless nights? It is important to know that Stress alone is a major factor for infertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through IVF.
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner.