Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello My child is suffering from delayed growth with no brain development is very slow, neck and back not yet stable, can you suggest remedies for my child.
My son 6 yes old has got tiny small black dot in his chest armpit back shoulder and foot looks like mole I am worried it would be skin cancer or anything there is no lump or pain but it comes one by one please reply me soon.
My sons are 11 months old they are twins 7 months born elder one is thin and I can hear loads of bone joint sounds whenever I pick him up and he has white spots on his nails what should I do?
My baby is 8 month old he doesn't sleep he wakes up in the night in every 1 hour gap and in day also he doesn't sleep well, overall in a day he only sleeps for 6-7 hours. I have started giving him solid food and formula milk apart from breast milk. Please suggest me what to do I am very tensed regarding my baby's growth.
My baby born at 30 weeks. Birth weight 1.515 now she's 6 month old her weight 5.910.she's doesn't like anything. When I feed her food she's take only 1 tablespoon .more than that I feed her she's crying. Pls give some suggestions?
My baby is 4 months old, she is suffering from pechish (loose motion) please suggest me right medicine.
My baby is 22 months old. He was vit D deficient with >10 count. After 3 months we did the test and it showed sufficiency about 48.3. After 3 months we did another test it showed 43.9 even if we continued giving supplement (not booster. Then doctor told to stop giving supplements. Is there any chance for lowering vit d if we stopped giving supplement? Is he normal now? And his hb count is 10.3.
My grand daughter age 4 years after coming from school at 1300 hours and after lunch goes to sleep and doesn't wake up. Inspite of our all efforts she doesn't wake up. She is not taking her food and we give her milk. In morning she wakes up at 0530 and is very fresh and active and goes to school happily. Please advise what is the reason for this.
Hi my daughter is 22 months old she left mothers milk just. 1 week before but now she is not eating or drinking anything. We struggle a lot for many hours to feed very very little 2 or 3 swallow food. Please advise as we are very worried.
I have twin - daughter & son. After birth, around 27 days old, they are given bath with til oil, johnson soap and powder after bath. But, it has been seen that they are looking dark in skin colour day by day. What will we do to regain their skin colour to fair? whether we change to coconut oil? will they regain skin fair colour?
My son is 7 years old. But he eats very less and shows tantrums on forcing him to eat. We're always worried about this. He's also very weak and short as compared to kids of his age. We consulted a child health specialist and the tests show that his intestines are very sensitive which creates problem in digestion. We tried many cures and medicines but all in vain. Please help me out on this.
My cousin has stomach pain & fever from last 1 month. We consult some doctors in our area but the problem is not solved. Doctor says that it is because of his liver problem. Can you please suggest some vaccination for this problem. He is 6 years old.
For fruit juice what is the measuring medium? Table spoon or tea spoon. I am giving my daughter 20 teaspoons of lemon juice. Is it an excess dosage? Shes exactly two years old.
My son has 8 months baby his urine result is occasional pus cells 10-15/hpf and he passes small amount of urine and also in short time he passes again small amount of urine. He vomit or vomit sensation daily. His skin color changes daily (blackish. This is what disease.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.