Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind KumarYour feedback matters!
Children have never been good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them. Best way to effectively teach children something is by being a role model to your kid. Kids want to know there is a shared journey. Elders shouldn’t do the same stuff they deny.
My 1.5 year child suffering from dry cold from last two month. I have nebulizer my child many time and also given doc prescribed medicine. But he not getting any relief. Please advice me.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
We are blessed with baby boy on 30 April by Normal with Vacuum assisted. Mother is doing good except the stitching pain. Baby had Neonatal Jaundice at the level of bilirubin total - 11.4 and direct - 1.0. So kept baby under Double surface phototherapy for 4 days and discharged with bilirubin - 12.6 and direct 2.0 on 5th day. Baby was feeding well and we brought baby to sunlight by early morning 7 Am daily. But again during the review, baby had bilirubin - 16.9 and direct - 2.0 on 10th day. Again we have kept under light now. We are very much worried about that level was not decreased after 10 days also. And, for every blood testing they r taking some amount of blood from baby and My wife is literally crying. Doctors said the reason is blood group where baby is B+ and mother had O+. Please help me is there any other way to diagnose or treat it in better way. And my question is, Liver is about to function well for born babies by 7-9 days but still the bilirubin count is high. Or some other tests needs to be taken to cure this permanently. Pls help me to move forward. Note - combs test indirect is Negative. Thanks.
My daughter is 11 months old and diagnosed with partial lactose intolerance at 2.5 mths old, she was partially taking mother milk until 7 mths age, she is now taking only zero lac milk powder. Her weight has been constant at 8 kg since past 2.months. what special care that should we do ? Any diet plan that she can recover on permanent basis ? I will be very gratefull.
My 13 month old son suffering from fever from 2 days, his temp. Is 100 above, there is no cough. Please advise.
At time of birth my baby weight 2.9 and decrease to 2.33 kgs and gradually increase 3 kgs now she is finished her 3rd month my baby weight is 4 kgs. Is it good? Can I start cerelac? I don't have breastfeeding my baby won't nursing from the beginning. When I started she cried and won't suck milk. I used nestle Nan 1 and my milk through nipple shield. How to increase my baby weight.
My baby completed 11 months and his weight is 9.7 kg. Since 5 days he is passing motion like watery and paste form but only once a day. He vomited everything. We have visited local doctor he prescribed ofloxacin solution. And ORS. Vomit has stopped now but he is not eating anything except cerelac. Motion is still watery. Please suggest can I give formula and cerelac? Please help.
My child had cough and fever post Consulting with Dr. he is not feeling good with cough. What should I do?
My son is 6 months old nd he has hair problem. His hair are not growing as new new born child. His front half head is blank nd rest have very few hairs. Can you pls let me know the solution for this.
Hi Doctor, I am from bangalore. I have twins baby (boys) now 6 months old. One baby is a normal color, but second baby is some dark color, so I just want to improve his skin tone color, so what your suggesting. Any way to changing the skin tone like soap, or any creams, kindly refer some ideas.
If your child has become increasingly addicted to sweets and other sugary items, this addiction can lead to certain behavioral problems (like mood swings, irritability, anger, etc) in children. Moreover, a high sugar intake can lead to your child falling prey to serious diseases and conditions, including diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
Here's what you can do to break your child's indulgent habits and wean him from ill-health causing culprits like cakes, ice creams, candies, chocolates and rich and creamy desserts etc.
1. Practice what you preach -
In order to develop healthy eating habits in your child, it is imperative for you as a parent to lead by example. When it comes to weaning your child from sugary foods and sweets, you yourself should limit your intake. So, if you tell your child to avoid sweets but love sweets yourself, you'd be setting a bad example by eating them yourself and not letting your child have them. The best thing to do is to be a role model to your child as children learn everything from their parents.
2. Curb consumption of sugar by deferring intake to a later date -
Instead of depriving your child completely, it would prove to be more useful to tell them that they could have sweets on some other day. This is because if you deny him his indulgence, your child would invariably go on an eating spree the moment an opportunity arises. A study on a group of restrained eaters and non-diet individuals revealed that restrained eaters were found to consume more food than the non-dieting individuals. Not knowing when they could have their favourite foods again, they went on an eating spree.
Make frequent yet small offerings of sweets while explaining to him the importance of moderation and why he/she shouldn't overindulge but space out sugar intake.
3. Try the 90/10 rule -
Teaching older children the 90/10 principle is another sure-shot way of breaking your child?'s addiction to sweets. The rule calls for 90% of the diet to be made up of healthy food with the remaining 10% being devoted to foods your child wants to indulge in such as junk food, sweets or foods with high sugar content. The total calorie intake that arises from consumption of about 10% or 1-2 fun foods is only about 100-200 calories everyday.
4. Present your child with healthy alternatives to sugary items -
The next time your child wants to indulge in his sugar craving, instead of giving a processed sugary food, give healthier sweet foods like dates, honey or a fresh sweet fruit.
Hi my baby is 6 month old. I want to know how to introduce food to baby in liquids form. Please suggest timing for food and how much quantity should be given Please suggest some thing to me in this regard.
My sister's daughter who is 7 months old has little bit of a hard skin. Is there any problem with skin or it is normal.
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oil.