Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arush SabharwalYour feedback matters!
As children, we all look forward to growing up, but once we reach in our 40s or 50s, we don't want to grow any older. Most of us fear the disabilities and diseases, ageing brings along. The biggest cause of anxiety is the change in the looks with skin losing its texture and elasticity. Read on to know some common techniques, when practiced during the early years can help in ageing gracefully, both by accepting the changes that come with ageing and by reducing the effect that ageing can have on the skin.
- Watch what you eat: As the saying goes, you are what you eat. So, whether you eat junk or healthy, your body will reflect accordingly. If you continue to give your body the required amount of vitamins and minerals, the effects will show on your skin. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, which will provide your body the required nutrients and antioxidants. Nutrition also includes a good amount of hydration, about 2 to 3 liters of water per day. It also helps flush out toxins that lead to accelerated ageing and induce stress.
- Exercise: While exercise might make some people tired, it need not be the case for everyone. A moderate, regular routine of work out for 20 to 30 minutes in form of walking, cycling or swimming, will have significant benefits on the heart. The exercise routine will also aid in weight management, bone strengthening, prevent constipation, improve blood flow to the vital organs and alert functioning. Get your daily dose of sleep: A daily recommended 7 to 8 hours of sleep can do wonders not just to your body, but also to your skin.
- Skin Care: Dark spots, wrinkles and dryness are common with ageing and these can be managed by reducing the exposure of skin to sun. Using a good sunscreen, wearing sunglasses or a wide-brimmed hat will provide protection from the harmful UV rays. The idea is not to avoid sun completely; little sun exposure is essential to get the required dose of vitamin D, but overexposure can lead to various skin problems. Also develop a skin care regimen including moisturizer, anti-ageing products, scrubbing, under-eye care and use of lip balm that would best work for your skin type.
- Lifestyles changes: Drinking alcohol and smoking may seem the right thing to do in your 20s and 30s, but the effects they have on your body are not right. Following a negligent lifestyle, can lead to conditions like cancer and heart disease in early years and can be worsened by smoking and excessive alcohol. Quitting smoking and moderate use of alcohol can help manage these conditions better and in some cases, even prevent them completely.
And most importantly, accepting ageing as a natural inevitable aspect and not stressing about it will not help you enjoy your later years but also stay happy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 26 years old female. I have dark circle problem from many years. I aplied proactive eye serum but after stop applying this serum. Dark circles again appear. It dosen't look like please tell me permanent solution.
Hi Doctor, Nowadays my lips are cracking and turning black in color. Sometimes it starts bleeding and also it pains. After a lot of water intake still facing this problem. Seeking help and guidelines for this.
Sir/ma'm I am a male of 23 year. Please tell me the daily routine for making facial skin and body skin healthy and flawless?
I hve a black circle on my face near eyes I don't know hw to get rid of it I consulted soo many doctors bt after stopping ointment it start again I need a permanent treatment hw can CME out of it? And its troubling to my career also.
I have multiple pores on my cheeks region n forehead suggest me treatment to get clean n smooth skin.
My 18 year old daughter whenever she itch there will be a mark like a rash. She takes Allegra 180 mg if it is unbearable, this happens almost all over the body. It takes a day to subsidise. Kindly advice.
What are the post operative complications for fissurectomy? Whom I should consult for chronic anal fissure. General surgeon or gastroenterologist.
I will try to more clinics to fare my colour I can't do any things please suggest to how to fair my skin.
Hello sir, I am 30 year old, and I have dull face, my whole body is fair but face look dull and small pimples and dark spots over there, kindly suggest me proper treatment. Thank you.
Hi I am 26 years old male. There are few lump pockets( fat deposition) which appears just like a small stone inside the skin in some parts of body like in hand, thighs, near back etc. How to get rid of it. Some docs I visited said they are just unequal fat depositions i which get collected in some parts and remain. But nobody told how to get rid of it because if iam wearing a tshirt that small lump on my triceps looks odd. How to get rid of it thanks in advance regards ganesh s.
Actually according to my body my face looks very big gollu mole type of I am a sports person so my body is fit but my face is big like golgappa so please help me with this bcoz with this I look very mature and looks elder to my sister but that's not the truth so please help me out give me medicines or anytime or any exercise to reduce the size of face thanks.
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
Few years back I got chicken pox .by that time. .the chicken pox scars over my face, full of pimple also there, and nose full of blackheads and dark spots too please help me out.
What you see and feel depends on the type of psoriasis you have. You may have just a few of the signs and symptoms listed below, or you may have many.
- Skin looks like it is burned.
-Most (or all) of the skin on the body turns bright red.
-Body cannot maintain its normal temperature of 98.6° F.
- Person gets very hot or very cold.
-Heart beats too fast.
If it looks like a person has erythrodermic psoriasis, get the person to a hospital right away its very emergency. The person’s life may be in danger
I am 23 years old male. I was so fair when I was young. Now due to high exposure to sunlight, I have become dark. What cream should I use to protect my skin from sunlight (please suggest me a cream which do not cause pimples) and how to regain my fairness (please suggest good brands)
I have pain in the left breast and done sonography of left breast and seen there hypoechoic node position measure 2.3 x 1.5 cms in the left axilla measuring 11 x4 mm. Fibroadenoma is obsevered. Please doctor suggest what is resolution to solve this.
Epithelial Ovarian Cancer is a condition in which malignant tumor emerges from the tissue lining in the outer surface of the ovary. Epithelial tumors are usually benign, but this form of malignancy has been found to be the most common type of ovarian cancer. Moreover, it cannot be diagnosed until in its advanced stage. Medical research shows that factors such as multiple pregnancies, delayed childbirth and early menarche seem to raise the risk of ovarian cancer, while dietary and environmental factors also play a significant role in it.
1. A majority of the patients have been observed to have extensive intra-abdominal growth.
2. They may experience discomfort or swelling of the abdominal region.
3. The feeling of being bloated, lack of appetite, unnatural weight alteration, dyspepsia, malaise, and urinary problems are frequently reported symptoms.
4. Patients also experience constipation and other gastrointestinal problems.
The first step towards treatment of ovarian cancer is to diagnose the condition. A thorough pelvic examination (consisting of an examination of the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix) will help to pin point any abnormality of the ovary. If the doctor notes nodularity, firmness or lack of tenderness during the examination, these can be taken as symptoms of malignancy of epithelial ovarian tumors. Ultrasound examination of the abdominal region will also help to locate abnormality in the tissues on the outer surface of the ovary. The next logical step towards treatment is getting a biopsy. During this procedure potentially malignant cells are removed and then diagnosed by a pathologist to conclude if the cells are cancerous or not. The process of removal is known as laparotomy.
Apart from a handful of stage one patients, most women with epithelial ovarian cancer receive chemotherapy. The standard treatment for this type of ovarian cancer is the surgical elimination of tumor. This includes total abdominal hysterectomy, a surgery in which the uterus and cervix is removed through an incision in the abdomen. Post surgical treatment consists of taxane-platinum chemotherapy. Patients with minimal residual cancer undergo external radiation therapy or intraperitoneal chemotherapy (radioactive liquid is channelled into the abdomen with the help of a catheter).
A lot of research has been done in this field and a variety of clinical trials are available for a patient, if he/she wishes to be a part of it. Leading methods are immunotherapy and targeted therapy are also available. Immunotherapy uses the immune system of the patient to battle cancer. Bodily substances or substances created in the lab are used to restore and boost the body’s natural defence mechanisms against cancer. Targeted therapy, on the other hand, uses substances to identify the cancer and attack the malignant cells without jeopardizing non-cancerous cells.