Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of our understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant. The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith; the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with Tulsi leaves: Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a Tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using Tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in Tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding Tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip.