Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arun RaychaudhuriYour feedback matters!
Dr Arun is an excellent doctor and moreover a great human being. He analyses each case closely and provides best treatment and value for money spent. He is an expert in gynae/ fertility field. He explains active line of treatment in great detail and comforts the patient. Have known him for over 10 yrs and he is the best doctor i have consulted ever. With him and his team you are in safe hands!! Highly recommended for gynae/fertility related treatments.
Me and my boyfriend were having a moment and he was over me and we were wearing our undergarments. He didn't ejaculate at all but I am worried that his pre ejaculate might have touched my wet panty. I am very anxious and stressed and my period is due anytime now. I am very scared and don't know what to do. Could I be pregnant? He didn't ejaculate and we both had our undergarments on. Just that I am scared if his pre ejaculate touched my wet panty. I am a hypochondriac please help me. I am very worried.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
I am 21 years old I am pregnant from 4 months in my vaginal are itching and smell it why that smell any infection affect me pls answer and help me.
I'm 25 years old female I have irregular periods on the of march 20 2015 I got sudden pain in S5 /L 4 From that I took ortho tablet so from April I'm getting periods 35 days once now this month its 47 the day till now I dint get my periods kindly tell what should I do?
Prevention of Recurrent Calcium Stones:
● Prevention of recurrent calcium stones (which are usually composed primarily of calcium oxalate) is aimed at decreasing the concentrations of the lithogenic factors (calcium and oxalate) and at increasing the concentrations of inhibitors of stone formation, such as citrate. Achieving these goals may require both dietary modification and the administration of appropriate medications. Metabolic evaluation at baseline and during follow-up will help guide the choice of the optimal preventive regimen.
● A variety of dietary modifications and drug therapies can reduce the likelihood of recurrence of calcium oxalate stones. From the viewpoint of diet, increasing the intake of fluid, dietary calcium, potassium and phytate and decreasing the intake of oxalate, animal protein, sucrose, fructose, sodium, supplemental calcium, and supplemental vitamin c may be beneficial.
● Among those with calcium oxalate stones, drug therapy is indicated if there is continued stone formation or if there is insufficient improvement in the urine chemistries despite attempted dietary modification over a three- to six-month period. The aim of therapy is to prevent further calcium oxalate precipitation. Since dissolution of already existing calcium stones does not occur, passage of an existing stone does not necessarily reflect a therapeutic failure in a patient known to have renal stones prior to the institution of therapy. Initial drug therapy varies with the metabolic abnormality that is present.
● The 24-hour urine is an essential component of the initial evaluation and guides recommendations for prevention. The response to dietary or drug therapy is monitored by repeat 24-hour urine collections. The goal of therapy is to reverse the abnormalities detected during the initial workup (eg, low urine volume, hypercalciuria, hypocitraturia, and hyperoxaluria). We routinely obtain a 24-hour urine collection at six to eight weeks after therapy has begun to assess the impact of the intervention. Another component of monitoring is periodic imaging. Limiting radiation exposure is important, as individuals with recurrent stones often have undergone multiple imaging procedures around the times of acute stone events.