Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arthi Puri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arthi PuriYour feedback matters!
I had a sex but within 48 hours I took ipill, but after that my health been bad. I suffered from laziness, indigestion and solid white discharge which is itching and my periods date is late also? What should do am worried about getting pregnant.
Hello I am soumain dhara 23, I had a unprotected sex with my girlfriend and sure the sperm is enter or not but she went to toilet after sex and she also take a I-pill in 14 hours, so she will be pregnant or not.
IVF (In vitro fertilization)
In Vitro Fertilisation means Fertilisation “ in- glass that is fertilization outside the human body . It was initially developed for fertility in females who had blocked or unfunctional fallopian tubes. At present IVF is recommended to patients who are unable to conceive due to several other causes also.
We try to provide you with the utmost services :
Your initial consultation : It is an initial visit in which you open up with your doctor and know your doctor and the doctor knows you. A detailed history is taken of the couple.
Pretreatment preparation and planning management : This will include a detailed blood workup which will include your hormonal assays , a uterine assessment, semen analysis and other tests if required. We review the whole history and all the tests and then only a definitive management is planned for you.
Start of oral contraceptive pills : You will be put on oral contraceptive pills for a short span of two to four weeks if your cycle needs to be synchronized with that of an egg donor or surrogate . These help the ovaries to be cyst free and help in planning of your cycle.
Ovarian induction : The IVF cycle begins with ovarian stimulation with injectable hormones on a daily basis and serial ultrasound monitoring. A baseline ultrasound is done before starting the stimulation to assess egg production. The hormone levels will also be monitored . Once the follicles reach the optimal size , you are prepared for egg retrieval.
Visits : Prior to egg retrieval three to five visits are done in that IVF cycle.
Egg Maturation : An injection is given 34-36 hrs prior to egg retrieval.
Egg retrieval : It is a procedure done transvaginally under ultrasound guidance under short general anesthesia . You need to be six hrs. fasting prior to the procedure.A long thin needle is passed through the vagina in the ovary and the follicular fluid is aspirated .The follicular fluid is collected in test tubes under strict temperature control and immediately given to the embryologist in the embryology lab. The embryologist searches for the eggs .The eggs are rinsed counted and placed in an incubator . After few hrs , they are fertilized with the sperm either through IVF or through ICSI.
An anesthesiologist is there to give you pain relief and comfort during the procedure. Chances of injury during egg retrieval is extremely rare .Structures near the ovary such as bladder,bowel or blood vessels could possibly be damaged and may require further surgery. Minimal bleeding from ovaries might occur but the risk of transfusion is extremely rare. Infection during this procedure is also extremely rare. You will be discharged four hrs. after the procedure.
Embryo Assessment : During IVF embryos are assessed for 2-5 days in a temperature controlled incubator. The embryos are assessed and the day of transfer is determined between day 2-day 5 . We call you to update you about the embryos.
Embryo Transfer : Embryo is transferred back in the uterine cavity between day 2-day5 when it becomes multi celled /blastocyst . This requires no anesthesia and the female is happy to see her embryos being implanted in the cavity . We discuss the number of embryos and made and the number to be transferred so that you have the highest probability of success keeping in mind the risk of multiple birth associated with it. For embryo transfer you need to come on a full bladder and the procedure is done via an embryo catheter transferred vaginally under ultrasound guidance.
Pregnancy test : We schedule a pregnancy test 10-15 days after the transfer . If the first test is positive we repeat beta hcg repetitively every 48-72 hrs. and an obstetrical ultrasound is planned two weeks following the pregnancy test when we look for the no. of embryos and fetal cardiac activity.
She has her periods 3 times last month and suddenly stop date was 4 april but till now period not came whats thr reason.
Your good intention during intercourse might be to give your partner an intense orgasm, but orgasms aren’t something one can “give”. All you can do is make the conditions more favorable for the other person to have them by manipulating your moves.
Here are six ways in which you can orgasm better:
- Don’t skip the foreplay: Just like it is not a good idea to run a marathon without sufficient warm up, it isn’t advisable to skip or shorten the foreplay. Explore and find out and choose the right kinds of foreplay that take the arousal to great heights. Oral sex, clitoral stimulation and self-stimulation during sex are incredible in achieving a better climax.
- Experiment with edging: Try what we call 'edging'. That is, bring yourself close to climax, then stop short of reaching climax, and after a pause a few seconds, rebuild your arousal – again just close to climax. Repeat this until you can't hold any more and then come! The resulting orgasm is very intense and worth the effort.
- Try sex toys: Once in a while let a sex toy join the fun. Sex toys are useful in maximizing the pleasure levels during intercourse or solo.
- Use a lubricant: Don’t think that a lube just addresses the vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. Research shows that as many as 50% women get better orgasms when they use lubricants. The lubrication adds sensitivity to the genitals and helps get good orgasms.
- Target the C-spot: A lot of women have problems in getting orgasms during intercourse as the clitoris isn’t stimulated enough. The clitoris has the maximum number of nerve endings and during intercourse, clitoral contact is needed for most women to reach orgasm. Tip: Try out woman-on top, side-to-side and doggy style positions for clitoral stimulation. There are many more options too.
- Do not overlook the testes: Stroking your sack upwards right before getting an orgasm adds more power to the orgasms in men. The testes are tremendous pleasure points for a man and gently stroking them is useful in heightening the arousal which leads to a stronger orgasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 19 years old and I have pcod. I am getting too much irregular periods. My doctor prescribed me to lose my weight and gave me novelon 21 days tablet. And he also told I have to take it until marriage, Is it ok to take novelon years after years. Is there any other ways to get rid of pcod?
1. Balances cholesterol levels
2. Anti-cancer properties
3. Increase immunity
4. Prevents coronary heart diseases
5. Improves red blood cell count
6. Anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidant properties.
More tips like this and information about various diseases can be taken by searching for ssohm on internet.
Sir/mami have noticed some bleeding from bottom while in toilet. Some drops of red blood comes along with stool. I don't know what it is, it happens some times and some times it doesn't happens for days. I thought it would heal automatically but it hasn't. It has been some months now. Please advice me what should I do and what has happened to me. I am a boy of 22 years age. Thank you.
I am having less bleeding during period. I was in stress and also feeling weak. And my blood level is down. What should I do to regularize my period. Does taking antibiotics is also a cause.
I got married last April 2016 (8) months over still I did not got pregnancy I want to knew when I become pregnant I am getting regular periods.
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
My periods date is 9 July and I have sex with out condom, so can I be pregnant or not And what is the time for pregnant?
I am now 20 years but I am very thin and my figure is not completely developed? what should I do now. I feel very bad when everyone says she is so thin.
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
She is facing some problems while feeding baby,(6 months) milk is not properly coming from one of the breast and its paining too much! what should we do?
On March 15, we made sex relationship, and later took unwanted pills. but since then the period has not come. Today is about 2 months. Please help.
Ovigyn 5000 (hcg) injections are safe for foetus? for how many weeks of pregnancy these should be given?
A pain in the back can make even small, daily activities like bathing, getting dressed or even bending down to pick up things difficult. A quick and thorough treatment of such problems can prevent the problem from worsening. In such cases, there is an obvious need to exercise the lower back muscles. However, before performing these exercises, a lot of preparation is required to get your back into shape. Taking enough time to warm up and stretch the muscles can make a significant difference between helping and making the problem worse.
Why should you exercise your lower back?
The main reason for exercising the lower back region is to make it move gently through all types of motion so that it can have a greater range of movement during daily activities. Core strengthening exercises and stretches are recommended to prevent back pain. While doing these exercises, try avoiding activities that cause pain or discomfort. Pain is a sign of problem and one must be careful to avoid it during these exercises as it shows that you are hurting yourself in some way or the other.
Activities to be followed:
The following activities can help in increasing the flow of blood to the sore areas of your back and prepare for more activity, thus reducing the chance of aggravation.
- Soak in a tub of water: Fill a tub with water to a level that you will tend to float and thus reduce the force of gravity on your spine and muscles. Epsom salt can be added to relax the muscles. Do not to sit up too high in as it can cause stress to the low back discs. Slide down low enough so that the back is allowed to flatten a small amount, thus reducing disc and muscle stress.
- Use local heat to reduce muscle spasms: Soak a large towel with hot water and wring it out. Place it on the low back where your pain is located. You can also place a damp towel in the microwave oven long enough so as to heat the towel. Be careful not to overheat the towel. Place the warm cloth on the area of your pain for about ten minutes.
- Hip slides: Lie on your back. First move one hip and then the other towards your shoulders. Raise your right hip towards the right shoulder and then the left hip towards the left shoulder. Raise one of your hips and then the other up off the floor so that your back twists a little. Raise the right hip off from the floor and then do the same with your left hip.
- Windmill: This is a general back exercise. Create big circles with your arms by rotating them in clockwise and anticlockwise circles.
These activities are an excellent way to reduce back spasms and the stress on your back.