Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arthi PuriYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I am a 25 years old married woman. My concern is that I had unprotected intercourse on 9th and 14th of may and my last period was on 29th 29th April. I have 28 days cycle. I got my periods delayed for 7 days for the first time I never got my periods late. I expected that I might be pregnant. But today I got my periods after 1 week of delay. My concern is that is it normal or I rely had a fetus and got miscarriages? Please help.
Hi I am 29 years and got facial hair after my pcod. Now I have reduced my 11 kg weight n of 56 kg with 5'3" height and also internally fine. So want to know that how can I get rid of these facial hairs without laser and any other electric treatment.
My girlfriend is suffering from irregular periods and taking medicine for that. Is there any problem in doing protected sex?
Hi. I'm 8 do and have continuous positive opk from day 11 of my cycle. I have regular periods with 29 days cycle and actively trying for a baby. Can you pls tell me why these continuous positive opk?
Is it safe to have sexual intercourse while lady is pregnant with two months? If not, why? Explain please.
how can take fish capsules I'm 21 years old. I don't have any allergies eating fish. Can I take supplements?
After having oral sex without clothes and tried taking precautions as well. But cannot say with 100% that it was with full proof protection. That being said, we had sex on 1st of July then later after 15 days my cycle was due which got missed with severe pain in abdominal. Visited local Doctor, they gave normal medicine to start periods within 2 days, which works out and I got periods in next 2 days of taking medicine. Medicine name and Details, I am not aware about. But I didn't disclose local Doctor about having oral sex on 1st of july. After when period ends, got another cycle after just 7 days of last period. And now after 24 days of LMP, I got cycle which is Normal. So this is 3rd cycle after oral sex on 1st of july. My only question is that - Is there any chance of PREGNANCY as I am getting excessive blooding than Normal. I had also done UPT which was negative in last week. I don't want to go for further Tests. But this excessive blooding and irregular in cycles makes to think whether I am pregnant? Please help! I also get pain in abdominal on and off. Thanks.
I'm suffering from severe stomach ache during regular periods time. What needs to be done to come out of this?
Hi doctor. I am having pain on my left breast regularly. Is it due to increase in size or due to reason that I go fr washroom late in the morning though I feel to go there early but due to laziness I still lie on bed. So please suggest me.
Hi, My stomach size increases from last 6 months. 5 days menstrual cycle turns into 3 days. Sore breasts. Light bleeding. am I pregnant?
Hi Dr. I am vimlesh, married from last 1.5 years & trying to conceive from last 6 months. But unable to conceive till date. Facing problem as below: 1. Early ejaculation 2. Low sperm count 3. Unhealthy sperms. Feeling very upset due to unsuccessful from last six month. Please help me in this matter. Also I am facing problem of acidity, gastric, heavy head, laziness, sleepy, body ache. Currently going thru homeopathy medication for this from last 8 month but no benefits. Habit of chewing tobaco, alcohal approx 180 ml a week. Please help in this matter also.
May I know the reasons for the cause of ovarian cyst and could you please tell me the precautions to be taken?
Dear Dr. I am 52 years old, Recently I met a women her age is 62 and sudden date we commit each one else for sex. When ever we make sex she is ate my sperm and also demand some time 2 times per day. She is very fat and good butt and interesting in sex too. She asked me un officially 2 times for asking fuck her. I am also like here her sexual activity ? Is it match for each ones sexual satisfaction. Please advice me.
Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the sort of fat that is added to a healthy heart diet. However, just as peanuts have loads of benefits, they come with certain disadvantages too. The advantages of peanuts are as follows:
- Peanuts are a rich source of antioxidants: Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, but also the energizing fat found in olive oil and is a rich form of cell regeneration. The regeneration material is very helpful in avoiding many types of cancers. For example, as preventive agents, simmered peanuts do equal amount of recovery and regeneration as blackberries and strawberries. These are far more efficient than apples, carrots or beets.
- Peanuts are key to heart health benefits: Just as peanuts are good cancer preventing agents, dangers of death from cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases can also be avoided with their help.
- Peanuts reduce the risk of stroke based on preliminary animal studies: Resveratrol is a substance, which was initially found in red grapes and red wine. However, now it is also available in peanuts. This phytonutrient has been said to enhance the blood flow in the brain by as much as 30 percent. It enormously diminishes the danger of a stroke or a heart attack.
- It can prevent Diabetes: According to a recent study, a serving of peanut can lower the risk of diabetes by 21%. This can be attributed to the presence of manganese, a mineral that plays an important role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption and blood sugar regulation.
- It also prevents Gallstone formation: Consumption of peanuts can help prevent gallstones. According to studies, eating an ounce of peanuts or peanut butter can lower the risk of developing gallstones by 25%.
- IKnown to improve memory: Peanuts are often called the “brain food” as they contain Vitamin B3 or niacin which improves brain functioning and boosts memory. They also contain a flavonoid called resveratrol which helps in improving blood flow to the brain by 30%.
- Offers a number of anti ageing Benefits: Peanuts contain Vitamin C and Vitamin E which can prevent signs of ageing like wrinkles, spots and fine lines. They also contain resveratrol, a potent anti-ageing phytochemical also found in grapes and red wine. Being a powerful antioxidant, it is great for your skin, providing anti ageing benefits as well.
- Fuels growth: Peanuts are rich in proteins, so the amino acids present in them are good for proper growth and development of body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
The uterus is a very important organ within the human reproductive system as this is the chamber where an embryo grows into a baby. Due to a multitude of factors, the incidence of uterine cancer has been on the rise. Let's look at some of its symptoms.
Symptoms of uterine cancer: When cells within the uterus grow abnormally and turn malignant, it may be termed as uterine cancer. This may be in the form of a fibroid or tumor or be part of the uterine tissue itself. It may be caused due to a multitude of factors such as late menopause, radiation exposure, estrogen treatments and many others. Some of the common symptoms for uterine cancer could be:
- Pain in the abdomen, lower back and especially the pelvic area.
- Pain during urination,
- Weight loss without any apparent reason
- Vaginal bleeding with or without discharge
- Pain during sex
Stages of uterine cancer: Before we understand the stages of uterine cancer you need to know how doctors diagnose the various stages. This is done by the three following steps in the TNM method:
- Tumor: Doctors try and search for tumors and locate them within the uterus, estimate its size and whether it is malignant or not.
- Node: If the tumor is malignant, then doctors try to find out whether the tumor has reached the lymph nodes or not.
- Metastasis: Doctors look for Metastasis, which is whether the cancer has spread to other organs within the body and to what extent.
Stages of cancer: Cancer is primarily grouped in five stages from 0 to V according to the T, N and M stages mentioned below.
- Stage 0 - This is a very early stage of cancer where the cells have malignant growth but are still small in number and haven't spread anywhere.
- Stage I - If the cancer has developed a little, but is restricted within the uterus, it is considered as stage one. This is also further divided into Stage 1A and 1B.
- Stage II - When the cancer has started spreading, but only to some parts of the cervix from the uterus, it is diagnosed as stage 2 uterine cancer.
- Stage III - Categorized into Stage IIIA, Stage IIIB, Stage IIIC1 and Stage IIIC2, it is primarily where the cancer has spread to other organs, but it is only limited to the pelvic area.
- Stage IV A - When the cancer has gone beyond the pelvic area and also spread to the rectum and bladder area.
- Stage IV B - This is where the cancer has metastasized in the groin area or gone to other organs within the body as well.