Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arthi Puri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arthi PuriYour feedback matters!
I and my girlfriend found of anal sex. But we are afraid to do. We are afraid from pain What we do to enjoy anal sex?
She has tested negative for pregnancy twice but is late for periods by two weeks. What could be the reason? She has a history of irregular periods too. In the beginning of the year she had periods for 51 days. Gynaec told it's a hormone thing that all will become alright after first pregnancy. Please help.
I gave her ipill and she took that the time was 20 hrs approx after the sex I have a question last month she had a period on 13th will ipill will work Dr. She took ipill on 6th oct please help me.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diverticulosis refers to a serious medical condition when pouches develop on the walls of your colon,which is another name for the large intestine. These pouches are small in size and usually vary from 5 to 10 millimeters, but can get bigger when this condition becomes serious. Diverticulosis is usually discovered while performing tests for other medical conditions on your body. Once these pouches become infected and inflamed, they may cause acute pain in your abdomen. This condition is called diverticulitis and is considered quite serious.
Causes of Diverticulosis:
Doctors have suggested that the pouches in diverticulosis are formed when pressure increases inside the colon and presses against the weaker spots in the walls of the large instesine. The differences in pressure may create tears or pouches within the colon resulting in the disorder. Some of the causes are mentioned here:
- Low fiber diet: Low fiber diet causes small hard stool which makes it tough for the colon to put much more pressure. Low fiber diet can also increase the amount of time stool stays in the bowel which adds to high pressure and thus may contribute to this condition.
- Age: The chances of diverticulosis increases when you are above the age of 60 which has something related to the weakening of bowels over time. A bad diet over many years can make this worse.
- Lifestyle: Certain lifestyle habits which generally contribute to bad colon health may also result in diverticulosis by increasing pressure on the blood vessels of the bowel wall. This then pushes against other vessels resulting in the formation of pouches.
Many people with diverticulosis may not even know they have this issue until it is detected while looking for other issues within the body. There are many cases when diverticulosis has been diagnosed when various tests like X-ray which use barium enema or colonoscopy is performed on your body for other medical reasons. If your white blood cells are higher in count than normal then it can indicate infection which may turn into diverticulitis. You may also be asked to undergo CT scan to check if the pouches are infected.
Symptoms of Diverticulosis:
Diverticulosis is hard to diagnose as it may not show any symptoms at all. In most cases symptoms start showing when it progresses towards diverticulitis. However certain generic symptoms which may prompt the doctor to require a detailed examination are as follows:
3. Bloating or gas
4. Loss in appetite
Treatment can be done at home or you may be asked to stay in hospital depending upon the severity of the case. Proper bed rest and liquid diet may be prescribed to enable the diverticula to heal properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
My cousin is pregnant and now it's 6thmonth she has confusion to consume what kind of food and for baby which kind of food has to take.
For everybody there is always a woman not only behind but also in front providing inspiration, encouragement, motivation and guidance.
Its Women's day on 8th March and here is your chance to show how much the woman in your life means to you. So what are you waiting for?
It’s not difficult to make a woman feel special. In fact, it’s usually the little things she appreciates most, because they let her know you truly care. It is the day to celebrate womanhood and make women know and feel how truly special they are to the society.
The women in your life don’t always have to be love interests- it could be your sister, your mother or that special friend who has been with you through thick and thin.
If you want to honor the women that have stood by you and made you stronger by their presence and strength, here are some things you can do to make this day a special one for them:
- It is a known fact that women do not get any breaks! Be it a busy corporate woman or the loving housewife, they tend to keep working every day. If not for the office work, then doing household chores, taking care of their kids, etc. Cook for her and surprise her. Prepare those special dishes which your wife or mother loves.
- Give her good, honest, unique compliments. On this special day, come out with all your emotions that you store inside your heart about her. May be you haven't told her yet how beautiful she looks, etc.
- Who doesn’t love to pamper their body? Especially women. You can book an exclusive package at spa for the special woman in your life and make her feel pampered.
- Small love notes, words of appreciation and greeting cards that share your feelings can warm her heart.
- Cherish some old memories by gifting a photograph of yourself and your special woman. Give a photo frame with a beautiful message written on it.
- Get a gift for her. Every women do love surprise gifts! Gift need not be expensive but it has to be meaningful, flowers also can be given as a gift to make them feel special.
- Go shopping with her.
- Take her out on a ‘Thank You’ date. Example for a coffee date or a candlelight dinner date.
Although International Women’s Day held on 8th March celebrated once a year, but making your lady-love feel special should not be restricted to just a day. The sacrifices that women make, the unconditional love of a woman makes her worthy of all the love and care.
Spend the day with women you are closest to you and make the day extra special for them. She has many roles to play: A Mother, Sister, Daughter, daughter-in-law & so on.Every legend was born of her pain!
So hats off to all women of the world! Happy Women’s Day!