Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archna Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archna GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 year female and I had an abortion in may, then for 4 weeks bleeding was there from then regular period continued. Now from 10 days bleeding is excess. Please help to get out of the problem.
She has too much pain in her periods, more than enough. Even she can't stand & sit properly. Since last year she used to have some pills to reduce pain. Bt from last 2 months she left all the medicines. Please consult some remedies to reduce pain. Is it true that using pills in periods can lead to problems in future or she should use her medicines.
I am 1 month pregnant and not getting vomit or nausea yet. Hcg test says positive. Haven't visited a gynae yet. 7 days over my menstrual date. Not other symptoms except missed period. Is everything alright? Please advice
In today's culture, the modern man needs to know how to properly navigate his way through the messy, tangled maze of casual sex. However you're causally doing it, it has it's pros and cons.
Freedom, baby: Casual coitus means zero commitment. There is no wining, there is no dining hell, certain situations flirting is overkill. You get in, get off and get out.
It saves time: I like you, you like me, we like sex, mentality conserves precious minutes in your busy day. You're drunk, you're horny, it's 3 am, and the last thing you want to have to do is impress someone.
Lower expectations: When you know you're never going to date this person, or see them again, the pressure to perform relaxes. Lower expectations allow you to really let go, be yourself (or someone else) and enjoy. So go ahead, get weird?
Orgasms are good for you: As we recently learned, orgasms not only strengthen your immune system, but climaxing also releases chemicals that boost levels of estrogen and testosterone, which can improve the tone and texture of your skin and hair. Ipso facto, your orgasms make you hot don't wait for 'the one' when you could be having multiple and getting better looking by the minute.
Stress relief: According to one study, casual sex actually has a positive effect on the psychological well being of those who have liberal views on sex. So, carefree sex will actually alleviate anxiety and boost your self-esteem.
STDs, etc sorry to take it there, but these are the stakes. Nothing takes the sexy out of sex like something that requires medical attention. Want to know what else kills your casual vibe? A baby. Wrap it up, play it safe.
Walk of shame: While walking home to a house of dudes celebrating your overnight escapades makes you feel like the man, in reality, the walk of shame can be disorienting and uncomfortable, and is often accompanied by a serious hangover. If you find yourself in a morning-after situation, it also means you slept over, a'no-no' in the casual sex department. Sleepovers will only lead to emotional attachment, which leads us to point.
Emotions: If you're casually sexing the same person on the reg, you run the risk of someone eventually feeling feelings. One minute you're enjoying a mutually satisfying, purely sexual encounter, the next you're being dragged through the jungian mud. Suddenly, sex gets sticky in all the wrong ways.
Avoid inevitable disaster by watching for certain warning signs:
1. She divulges personal information outside of dirty talk
2. She wants to take secret selfies with you
3. She texts to ask how your day is going.
Fatal attraction: No one wants a stage 5 clinger. This type of crazy is probably great in the sack, but not worth the wear-and-tear in the long run. Before you know it, you're message is blowing up, find my friends has been installed on your phone and she's showing up at your place of work. Run, do not walk, away from the stage 5 clinger.
My g.f is 26 years old, her periods comes on 10th date ,after sex at 16 may ,she take a tablet of ipill, then again period 25th may, then check home pregnancy test it is negative and after 1 month and 5 days there is no any symptoms of pregnancy and home pregnancy result will also be negative bt there is problem her periods had not come after 1 month and 5 days.
Me periods are not coming from last 3 months before that 3 months it was not stopping so I consult a gynic she gave some medicine for a month one medicine (crisanta ls) for three months. When the course completed my periods stopped. Help me.
Hi, Please suggest 72 medicine khane se mere period nhi aae hai.Kya Mai koi medicine le skti hu jisse mere period jaldi aa jae. please tell me sir.
Air is the Most Essential Thing
Air is a mechanical mixture of gases, and the most essential thing for an organism to survive. It normally contains Nitrogen (78%), Oxygen (21%), Carbon dioxide and other gases in proportion. In addition to these gases, air also contains water vapour, traces of ammonia and suspended matter such as dust, bacteria, spores, and vegetable debris, etc.
Apart from supplying the life-giving oxygen, air and atmospheric conditions serve several functions. The human body is cooled by the air contact; special senses of hearing and smell function through air-transmitted stimuli; disease agents are conveyed by air.
The term “air pollution” denotes the presence of substances (e.g. gases, mixtures of gases and particulate matter) in the ambient surroundings, generated by the activities that interfere with the human health, safety or comfort, and is injurious to organisms, and other environmental media. It also results in chemicals entering the food chain, drinking water and thereby, adding substantial disease burden and affecting the quality of life. The problem of air pollution was first recognized about 500 years ago when the burning of coal in cities was increasing, and since then it is increasing at an alarming rate all over the globe.
During foggy weather, when little wind is present the smoke generated from pollution is mixed with fog and form “SMOG”
The smog is making it difficult for people to see and breathe.
- Personal air exposure: refers to exposure to dust, fumes and gases to which an individual is exposed directly or indirectly, eg. Smoking.
- Occupational air exposure: exposure to harmful concentration of aerosols, vapors, and gases in working environment.
- Community air exposure: This is most serious, complex, consists of varieties of assortment of pollution sources, meteorological factors, and wide variety of adverse social, economic, and health effects.
Till date more than 100 substances have been identified which pollute the air. These vary from place to place depending upon the specific complex of contaminant source. Following are few examples of primary and secondary air pollutants:
- Carbon monoxide
- Sulphur dioxide
- Nitrogen oxides
- Particulate matter
- PAN (peroxy acetyl nitrate)
- Photochemical smog
- Aerosols and mists: Sulphuric acid (H2SO4), Nitric acid (HNO3)
Indoor Air Pollution
- Indoor air pollution is one of the four most critical global environmental problems.
- It exposes more people worldwide to important air pollutants than pollution in outdoor air.
- Rural people in developing countries may receive as much as two-thirds of the global exposure to particulates.
- Women and children suffer the greatest exposure.
Sources of Indoor Pollution
- Indoor air pollution contributes to acute respiratory infections in young children, chronic lung disease, and cancer in adults, and may induce adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- Non-smoking women exposed to indoor coal smoke have a risk of lung cancer similar to that of men who smoke lightly.
Effects on Health
Air pollution has short term and long term effects. The direct effects are reflected in airway system and then spread to multi-systems. It ranges from:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections (acute and chronic)
- Acute and recurrent bronchitis
- Acute respiratory distress
- Asthmatic attacks
- Aggravation of pre-existing respiratory and heart disease.
- Lung cancer
The short term and long term exposure is also linked with short life expectancy and reduced quality of life.
Effects of specific pollutants
The keywords of general management with respect to Air Pollution are:
- More you prevent yourself from harmful allergens, dust, smoke, pollution and smog, more it would be beneficial for your health.
- Try to avoid early morning exposure to smog, cold air when your city is too much polluted.
- Avoid travelling in crowded areas, malls and street where number of people and vehicles are intense.
- Avoid taking walks on main roads, rather prefer parks with greenery.
- Eating healthy foods keep your immunity intact and strong.
- Food items like Jaggery, food rich in vitamin E and C keeps your immunity intact.
- Avoid taking spicy and sour foods.
Keep your airways clear and clean
- Use masks where ever necessary.
- Avoid smoking and Passive-Smoking.
- Keep your home free of dust, perfumes, strong smells and garbage.
- Timely medication helps your immunity to fight disease better.
- Don’t ignore symptoms even if they are minor and nonspecific.
- Keep yourself educated regarding hazards of air pollution and how to tackle them.
- Keep an eye on neighbourhood for any polluting activities such as open fires, release of chemicals from factories, old polluting vehicles etc.
- Try not to use own vehicles when you are travelling alone.
- Opt for Car-Pool in where ever possible.
Ask for your rights
- At working environments ask for masks, air purifiers, and less exposure to air/chemical pollution
- Take opinion of medical specialists if you feel unwell while working.
- Support govt. initiatives to keep your city clean and green
Role of Homeopathy in Diseases arising from Air Pollution
Homeopathy heals holistically!
- Homeopathic medicines stimulates the body’s inner strength and boost the immune system to work well i.e. to reduce the disease load and to improve the overall health.
- The constitutional or individualized homeopathy is known to reduce to tendency to catch respiratory illnesses.
- The prescription is dependent upon symptoms, signs, tendencies, history and causation.
- The treatment can be curative, palliative or supportive depending upon state and staging of disease.
- In every stage homeopathy has a definitive role to play.
- Homeopathic medicines can be taken safely along with other/conventional medications (ADD-ON Therapy).
- In addition to constitutional/individualized medicines, the following medicines are frequently used on the basis of causation and symptom similarity:
- Allium cepa: Rhinitis, coryza copious, fluent, watery, acrid discharge; burning in nose, mouth, throat; violent sneezing; eyes red, burning with profuse, watery, bland lacrimation; headache, cough, hoarseness.
- Ammonium carb: Complaints from fumes, charcoal fumes; emphysematous changes in lungs; frequent sneezing, profuse discharge from nose, burning like hot water; stoppage of nose at night, wake up from sleep; sensation of dust particles in throat; dry tickling cough; chokes; wheezing.
- Arsenicum album: An important remedy that is used in majority of complaints incidental to air pollutants, e.g. conjunctivitis, rhinitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema, lung cancer, leukaemia and other malignancies, etc; quick respiration; suffocation inducing cough; scanty, frothy expectoration; sneezing without relief; burning in eyes; burning pains all over.
- Blatta orientalis: Complaints from fumes, coal dust, smoke; relieves bronchospasm, acts as expectorant; dyspnoea, oppression of breathing; cough, with thick and purulent sputum.
- Bromium: Complaints from coal dust; allergy to dust; complaints of sailors who suffer from asthma when they go ashore, better on sea. Dry spasmodic cough, airway feels filled with smoke; difficulty in inspiring, as if breathing through sponge.
- Carbo veg: Complaints from carbon gas, carbon monoxide, dust, smoke, fumes from incomplete combustion of fuels. Collapse from imperfect oxidation. Oppressed, quick respiration; air-hunger, longing for fresh air; wants windows open; long spasms of cough with weakness, wheezing, gagging.
- Cassia sophera: Complaints from exposure to dust, smoke; asthma, dry cough, with pain in chest, irritation in throat, better warmth; expectoration thick, yellowish; worse during winters, change of weather.
- Dulcamara: Ailments from changing, damp environment, foggy weather, cold damp conditions, air-conditioned rooms; dry, teasing, spasmodic cough; hoarseness; dyspnoea after physical exertion.
- Euphrasia: Inflammation of the conjunctiva; profuse acrid lacrimation; profuse, fluent bland coryza, sneezing in morning; violent cough in day time, abundant expectoration; worse indoors, warmth; better in open air.
- Lobelia inflata: Ailments from smoke, dust; emphysematous changes; extreme dyspnoea; cough with sneezing, gasping; scanty expectoration; extreme nausea and vomiting, cannot bear taste or smell of tobacco.
- Natrum sulph: Ailments incidental to spring & rainy season; dyspnoea; coughs continuously, towards end hacks up thick, ropy, greenish mucus.
- Pothos foetidus: Ailments from smoke, dust; great dyspnoea and cough, frequent sneezing, pain in throat and chest, anxiety, abdominal distension and tension, better in open air.
- Phosphorus: An important remedy that may be used in majority of complaints incidental to air pollutants, e.g. conjunctivitis, rhinitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema, lung cancer, leukaemia, and other malignancies, etc. Breathing anxious, panting, short, hurried, very much oppressed; tightness across chest; violent hard, dry, tight, racking cough in spasmodic paroxysms.
- Plumbum metallicum: An important remedy for lead toxicity. Interference with homoeostasis, rapid reduction in number of red cells, with pallor, icterus, anaemia. Localized neuralgic pains, neuritis, paralysis, wrist drop; stinging and tearing in limbs, with twitching, numbness.
- Sulphurous acid: Persistent choking cough with copious expectoration; hoarseness, constriction of chest, difficult breathing.
- Sabadilla: Rhinitis, pharyngitis; violent spasmodic sneezing, abundant watery nasal discharge, itching and tingling in nose, redness and burning in eyes, lacrimation, frontal headache, dryness and irritation in throat.
- Sambucus: Nasobronchial hypersensitivity; paroxysmal nightly suffocative attacks; nose stopped up at night, breath through mouth; cough deep, restlessness, profuse perspiration.
- Sanguinaria can: Nasobronchial hypersensitivity, asthmatic bronchitis. Severe dyspnoea, constriction in chest, severe spasmodic cough. Expectoration of thick yellow mucus, dislodged with difficulty. Sneezing, profuse watery mucus from nose; sensitive to flowers, odours.
- Spongia: Complaints from sudden change of atmosphere, smoke. Severe form of asthmatic bronchitis, with dryness of respiratory tract. Severe dyspnoea, with wheezing, suddenly wakes up at night with intense suffocation; respiration rapid, short.
Hi After unprotected sex periods are being late then what should be done to avoid pregnancy and what tablets or any other thing would be good to stop it. please reply.
Potential Damage to the Cervix: There is a chance that the cervix may get damaged during the procedure, especially if the dilatation has not been done properly.
Perforation of the Uterus: There is a possibility that the walls of the uterus may get punctured. Although the chances are slim, the risk is also small as the uterus usually heals without complications.
Bleeding: There is usually some post-operative bleeding which diminishes with time but can be an inconvenience just the same.
Cervicovaginal Fistula: This is can be caused by a combination of the dilatation and curettage procedure and cerUterine Rupture: Rare cases of uterine rupture have been cited where the instillation was caused by the infusion of high-dose oxytocin.
Anesthesia if d&c done under general anesthesia patient may feel nausea or vomiting headache for a long time
Infertility if excessive curettage is done than no mense & no pregnancy at all
Irregular menses is also a very big problem after d&c
The main side effect of this procedure is the pain which gradually subsides with time. Bleeding is another side-effect. There is a lot of psychological trauma which occurs, especially if the D&C has been done for an abortion, Bleeding,
Beside these staying in hospital is also very hactic
There is a solution for these problems Herbal d&c no dilation no curatage only some drugs taken orally no side effect no disadvantage complete ccure
If u want to now more about this therapy contact to me Dr Uzma Rahat at lybrate