Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Archna GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Meinne family planning operation karwaya 2015 mai sath mai abortion karwaya mujhe teen ladke hai operation se mein ab yeh operation reverse karwana chahati hu tubul recanal kya phir se mein pregenent ho Paugi or kitna percent success hoga operation mujhe period bhi normal hAi or meri age 30 hai.
I have my periods date on 24. On 18 feb, I just had cosy time with my boyfriend. Though he did not inserted inside me but he just ejaculated near my vagina. Earlier I use to have periods 4 days before my date. But not this time. I am frightened. Please help me out.
I had taken my HCG injection on 18th Oct 16, My last menstruation date was 2nd Oct 16. I usually have a cycle of 29-30 days. I am also having progesterone supplement. When should I be expecting my period. I am trying to conceive. 2 days back I had bad backache and abdominal pain but no sign of periods and the HPT is negative. Please suggest.
How to have a proper and safe sex so as to avoid pregnancy and diseases provided not to use condoms?
It is estimated that 25% of people with normal blood pressure and about 60% of those with high blood pressure are salt sensitive, which means that as salt intake goes up so does blood pressure.
'salt to taste' as it reads in most recipes.... At times far exceeds the sodium requirements of our bodies, resulting in water retention, stress on our kidneys and bloating up. Not to mention the fact that if you are salt-sensitive then you may be at a much higher risk of strokes and heart attacks.
Apart from the salt that you add to your food, do you know the amount of stealth salt you are exposed to? the papads, the pickles and the farsan that you eat have excessive salt and so does any other packaged food that you may be consuming on a regular basis. A good idea is to read the labels of what you are buying.
Let us help you identify the stealth salt in your food...
- Use less, or no, salt in cooking or preparing dishes like salads, sauces and dips.
- Remove the table salt and any salt seasoning - such as lemon, pepper, garlic and onion salts.
- You should set aside the masala sachets that come with instant noodles, readymade soups, sauces etc.
- Don't use ready-made salad dressings.
For additional flavour to your food, minus the excessive salt, keep a stock of fresh garlic, onion, ginger, parsley, coriander, and seasonings like, dry onion powder, dry mustard, nutmeg, black pepper and roasted cumin powder in your kitchen.
Remember: it's easier to cut down on sodium when you are on a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products.
Hello. I have very dry periods. My age is 25 and I am unmarried. I bleed hardly for two days. N then it is almost nill. What should be done?
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Quick-fix Detox Drinks That Will Do Damage Control
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
Some foods that aid fat loss are:
- Greek yoghurt: This type of yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over snacking.
- Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
- Chili peppers: They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
- Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also help build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon aids the body in transporting the sugar into the cells so that it can be used as energy and not stored as fat.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
- Non starchy vegetables: Non starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that help you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.
Our 8 weeks pregnancy fetus is growing in fallopian tube and our genes has advised to abort it. Please urgently advise if we can save this pregnancy. Please help.
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.
3 Key Things to Know About Female Sexuality
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 41 years old female, as per reports I have tube block and no chance for natural pregnancy. So what should I do?
Hello im 28 yrs old lady my weight is 56kgs n my nproblem is that I hav two c-section deliveries and my belly is coming outwards, so please suggust me some drs or steps to get rid of that belly. As I want to become slim n trim flatten belly.
I get white discharge and my periods are also late. I feel like periods are coming bt it is always white discharge is it normal pls help.
I am having regular sex with my husband but I am not getting pregnant. I got married 30 April 2015. Please suggest me. Thanks
Hi. I have 1 month baby. My husband not satisfied sexual activity by using condom. We don't want baby 4 next 3 year. What should I do? I listen that by using copper T the sexual activity is very painful for women. It is true?
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.