Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Archit GuptaYour feedback matters!
My mouth was give a very bad smell after I eat. Eventhough I oil pulling every day what should I do now.
I have go to toilet for many times a night how can I solve this problem Also my mouth gets very dry please suggest a solution.
I always have problems in my teeth. There is a cavity also in molar teeth. How to make the teeth healthy and strong?
I have got teeth implant on left upper jaw. But sometimes there is severe pain like electric shock which goes to brain.But it occurs only when i eat or drink something. Pl advise.
Hello doctors mere muh me chhale huye hai, 3 dino se bolne me thodi si problum ata hai. abhi me Becozym C Forte le raha hun kya ye sahi hai?
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
Have removed two molars. Doctor suggest to implant teeth.What is the cost of implants , advantage and disadvantage ?
Respected doctors, I have gum problem and also bad smell of mouth, please help me to come out of this problem. Please advise.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.