Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc, My daughter is 3 years old and weighing 12 kg and her height is 99 cms. She was born prematurely i.e, in 27th week of pregnancy and was born with weight 900 gms. I just wanna ask that is her growth is okk. What can we do to increase her weight as she is too thin/slim.
My nephew, who is 9 months old, got hurt on his fore head by a tap. He has not been vaccinated with tetanus. Is it ok if he s not vaccinated with TT.
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
Handling a newborn:
- Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A newborn baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Is calcarea phos 6x is suitable to growth of my 1.5 year girl child? What is the dosage for my baby? Can I use as a calcium supplement for my 30 years wife?
My daughter is 3 months old. I feel to continue at least for 1 year My milk supply is very low please give me prescription to increase breast milk.
There are two different types of pneumonia vaccines are available for the children. 1 is almost double the price of other. Which one should be preferred and why?
Hi doc, I am pregnant by 37 weeks 3 days. During my last check up, my doc told me that my baby hasn't dropped and I am not dilated or effaced. But my baby is in head down position. M doing exercises, squats n daily chores and this is my first pregnancy. M so confused and worried whether my baby will drop or not as the days are progressing. Please advise.
My new born baby 21 days old. For last 2 or 3 days he is crying whenever gets breastfeeding and it seems he stomach is very tight and does potty. Is it normal or should is consult with child specialist. He is crying a lot. Please suggest.
Hi doctor, My 3 months baby used to do vomit and does lik vomiting 2 to 4 times daily since from 1 week. My parents say that this is because of addition of curd or buttermilk in my food. Is it true?
Hello Dr. Meri daughter 9 months ki hai. Usko constipation ki problem hai shuru se hi. Abhi test karwaye tho usme hb - 7 or iron serum -2 hai. please Dr. Suggest kuch suggest kijiye usko food maine kya du or medicine konsi shuru karu.
My only 1 yrs 6 month child girl is not speak any word but she understand all thing she dance in musicmusic so please tell me is there any problem or not.
My baby's age is 8 months old. He prefers only breastfeed milk. He is not preferred bottle milk. How to avoid to give breast milk. How to give bottle milk. I am suffering from nipple cracks and milk is not coming blood is coming. What I have to do to give bottle feeding.
Hello doctors My son 3.5 month old is not passing stool from last 3 days. Is it ok or need any medicine for this?
Hello doctor, here I am consulting for my daughter. She just 1.5 Years. She automatically goes Unconscious with out any specified reason. Here locally I discussed with doctor. They suggest me. It is noting. It is her zid only. Please suggest.
We have a son having achondroplasia. His age is about four years. Structure is smaller than normal child. I have heard about growth hormone therapy. But where we will get its specialized treatment?
Hi mere 4 years daughter k near potty area chote chote massa h jo nhi incr ho rahe h n hi decr, skin specialist ko dekhiya wo bol rahe h surgery karene parege pls help it is neccassary or not.
When should I introduced my PREMATURE baby milk bottle now she's 2 months and weight 2.5 kg now she's feed with dropper.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also see a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.