Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Archana ParwaniYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old. I have short sight from 2 years. I don't like to wear specs nor lens. If I wear specs to see and remove it I can see everything blur which is near. I want to get rid of my eyesight problems. I want my eyes like before not wearing specs or lens. Any solution? Please help?
I am 24 years old male. I often feels that the bottom eyelids of my left eye vibrates (lightly) frequently. What is the problem?
Sir I am suffering with eye pains as I sit in front of the system full day I think whta should I do to get out this pains should I buy any drops or any spectacles?
I have so big problem my eyes b also watching tv so big liken water also time to give me sun best out problem so please help me now.
One of my eyes have power of 0.75 astigmatism, other one is normal. Can I correct my problem of eye with exercises?
I powers are -10 and -11. My age is 20 yrs. And I see huge number of floaters. Doc said I have thin retinal membrane. What precautions is to be taken. Any cure if any? Thanks in advance.
Last few days i am suffering from irritation in my right eye and sometimes from left eye. One month back my right eye was red for aweek and used one drop and I recovered from that . But this new problem of irritation is disturbing me.
Hey. My eyes are continually week from last 6 months. Within 6 month my eyes number were increase 2+ please help.
What are the things should I take to developer my eye vision? & when I am playing volleyball my fingers had injured and they are so pain full, what should I do now?
I have a red eyes from few weeks In the corner of both eyes and day by day it is increasing whT I will do.
I am 18 years old male and I have 0.5 power in my left eye. So is it possible to get it corrected to 6/6 naturally.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.