Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnupmaYour feedback matters!
I had cesarian delivery. My baby 11 month year old. I got too much fat on stomach and back. Kindly suggest.
The top 10 tips for living with PCOS
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is often caused by small cysts growing on the ovaries. Although harmless, these cysts lead to hormone imbalances.
Living with PCOS can sometimes be a daunting task. Many of the side effects caused by the disease such as adult acne, infertility, weight gain, and excessive facial or body hair can be difficult to control. Additionally, the emotions associated with presenting ones self to the public when facing such challenges—and an overall lack of self-esteem—can, at times, seem impossible to
But women living with pcos who adopt positive lifestyles can overcome the symptoms caused by this disease. Here are ten tips for living with, and managing, the symptoms caused by pcos.
1. Adopt healthy eating habits.
All women with pcos can benefit from adopting healthy eating habits. By eating a diet low in carbohydrates and refined sugars you can help reverse the imbalances of glucose and insulin in your body that cause pcos symptoms to flair up.
2. Fit exercise into your daily routine.
Although everyone should find time to exercise, it is especially important for women with pcos to fit some form of exercise into their daily routine. Whether it is a 20-minute walk, playing outside with your kids, or going to a pilates class, exercise has proven to boost metabolism and burn calories which helps to control insulin levels and, in turn, results in weight loss. Exercise can also help to stave off diabetes, a health risk for women in pcos.
3. Avoid stimulants.
Having a cup of coffee (or two or three …) has become such a part of our culture that giving it up may seem impossible. However, coffee and other stimulants cause increases in insulin production which have proven to have a negative impact on women with pcos. If you are serious about controlling your insulin levels, you really need to consider giving up that cup of joe.
4. Get regular physical exams.
Women with pcos have a greater risk of developing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. They are also more likely to suffer from high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol. Meeting regularly with your doctor to monitor and treat these issues will help you stay healthy until the symptoms come under control through the adoption of healthy eating and exercise habits.
Women with pcos are more prone towards experiencing depression and mood swings. They often find themselves emotionally frustrated when their own bodies seem to purposefully work against them. Whether dealing with weight issues or having difficulty conceiving, pcos can take a toll on your emotional well-being, so take a bubble bath, watch an old movie, or do something else that you really enjoy doing. It can make the biggest difference in how you feel on the inside.
6. Seek support networks.
Although it may feel like it, you are definitely not alone in your struggle with pcos. There are thousands of women out there who are experiencing the same symptoms and emotions that you are. Do not be shy. These are the women who will lift you up when you are feeling down. If you can’t find a group then start one and promote it online, in local newspapers, via flyers and at schools, college and health clubs.
7. Ask questions.
With pcos, there is no one size fits all solution to control the disease. Symptoms vary with each person so you really need to ask questions of your physicians and do research on your own to find a regimen that will work best for you.
8. Get help if you are depressed.
Pcos can make you feel melancholy, especially given the multitude of physical and emotional challenges that can develop as a result of this disease. If you are feeling more than a little sad and cannot shake the feeling of disillusionment associated with the condition, get help. The fact is you can live a positive life even when dealing with pcos. Getting help is the first step towards achieving that goal.
9. See a specialist.
As pcos gets more attention from physicians, the media and others, there are more and more treatment options being offered. For example, insulite laboratories of boulder, co has created a five step approach that incorporates nutraceuticals, nutrition, exercise, food addiction awareness and support networks to help reverse the symptoms caused by pcos.
10. Maintain a positive attitude.
Maintaining a positive attitude is essential to realizing positive outcomes in any aspect of life. Be positive and create opportunities for yourself that can help you realize your dreams. Just because you have pcos does not mean you cannot live your best life!
I had a lump (knot) in my right breast since 2003, which is painless. But during my periods it pains. I am 24 years old. Is that cancer?
Its been two months that I delivered a baby. Now my hubby wants to suck my breast milk. Is it possible or safe.
I am 21 years old I have bilateral pcod and bicornuate uterus. I am not overweight i am just 44 kg. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? how long duration will take? please kindly reply. Thank you.
Fat and cellulite though are different forms of the fat cells must be eliminated from the body when in excess so that you can lead a better and healthier life. While removal of deep tissue fat which resides underneath skin is possible with many therapies, the cellulite which resides loosely adhered to the skin just under it, is stubborn and tough to remove. That is why effective treatment methods like Endermology have been brought into practice since the 1980s which helps in weight loss as well as inch loss. This is the first cellulite and fat loss treatment, which has been approved by the FDA too.
This is a non invasive treatment, and is a painless and permanent solution against cellulite wherein no scarring or surgery is done. To prepare the body for the treatment, one must follow the below 5 methods, which will let the effect of the weight loss/fat loss treatment to be more visible and faster.
- Get cellulite treatment: The cellulite removal endermologic treatment is a special treatment, which is done with the help of two rollers and a vacuum suction machine. The rollers roll or knead the skin and create a suction force in the loose skin superficially. This makes the fat cells in the body under the skin, release the cellulite which is very effective for belly weight loss. The warmth from the treatment initiates lymphatic flow, and good blood circulation in the body, thus increasing fat metabolism.
- Maintain regularity of treatment: The treatment has a schedule, and the best results are obtained only when you maintain regularity. You cannot skip the sessions. 14-28 weight loss/fat loss sessions are required initially within 1-2 weeks. This has to be done as suggested by the health and treatment expert. From the 6th session onwards, fat loss results will start to get visible gradually.
- Stay hydrated for the treatment: It's a mandate that you keep hydration levels in the body optimum to receive full benefits from the Endermology treatment. Ideally, 5 cups of water intake is must before you start a session.
- HIFU Treatment- the next level: High-Intensity Focalized Ultrasound is the next level of treatment, wherein the ultrasound waves are targeted on the skin areas at thighs, abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks, etc., which contain cellulite. This ruptures the deep-laid fat cells, and then the fat is induced to get drained through the lymphatic system further enhancing the weight loss.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle and diet: A healthy lifestyle with no liquor and smoking, no late nights or drug abuse, and no stress, etc. is needed. Diet has to be a low calorie, balanced diet, and all junk and oily food filled with unsaturated fats must be avoided. Light exercises or moderate to heavy as per the capacity of the body must be encouraged to see the effects of Endermology to become permanent.
My friend did intercourse on 2 march near about 12 noon but sperm did not ejaculated inside. Still she have doubt n worried too much. Then on 5th march she took I pill near about 7. Pm. Then she checked pregnancy test via preganews kit on 6th march morning [first urine]. It ws negative. But now she has too much pain on lower waist. Actually her date should hv to cm on 5-6march but it don't cm yet. Nd no bleeding was there after pill. Now she is very tensed. Help her out. Tell me if any solution or advice.
Dear gynecologist, My mate is a pregnant running 6 th month now! Please tell me What the best food that she can eat and how she want to act on this period to get a normal delivery. Some times she is angry and have a tuff time! I really don't need that at all. We have all the tests in place everything is normal. I Don't want any impact to the bang at all. Not to my mate as well. I request you to kindly have a quick look into this and provide the best Diet plan from now and after the delivery.
Hiee. M 26 years old. Pls give me some tips or guidelines for intercourse 2 get pregnant fast bcz m facing d prob 2 get conceived. Suggest sum guideline 2 follow.
Can anyone tell me about what changes occur in one's body when he or she is drowning in water. Are there any specific changes which occur in ones body which may help me to detect if that person is really drowning or not?
What is Chancroid?
Chancroid is caused by the bacteria Haemophilus ducreyi. The bacteria usually attacks tissues and produce open sores which are termed as ulcers or chancroids. Both men and women are affected and the sores are usually found close to the external reproductive organs.
The ulcer might bleed and weep which produces contagious fluid. This can spread the bacteria during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. It can also spread from skin contamination. Thus it is a type of a venereal disease. Chancroids can be prevented by practicing safe sex practice.
Symptoms of Chancroid:
As both men and women can have chancroid, the symptoms may vary in both, but the initial symptoms begin one day to several weeks after contamination with the bacteria.
Symptoms in Men: A red, small bump on the genitals which usually changes to an open sore in a day or two. There can be ulcers on any area including the scrotum and penis.
Symptoms in Women: There might be 4 or more red bumps on the labia (folds covering the female genitals), thighs and between labia and anus. Once the bumps become open or ulcerated, they lead to a painful and burning sensation especially during bowel movements and urination.
Common Symptoms in Men and Women
The following symptoms can be seen:
The ulcers vary in size from 1/8 to 2 inches.
Ulcers present with having a soft center which is gray to yellowish ray, while the edges are sharp and defined.
There is pain while urinating and sexual intercourse.
Presence of swelling in the groin area (this is the area where the thigh and the lower abdomen meet).
In case the lymph nodes are swollen, they might break and lead to abscesses or pus collections. that often drain
Diagnosis of Chancroid:
Diagnosing of chancroid usually involves the collection of samples of the fluid which drain from sores. These samples are then sent to the laboratory for further investigations. Diagnosis through blood test is not possible yet. The doctor might also examine and assess the lymph nodes of the groin for pain and swelling.
Treatments of Chancroid:
Chancroid can be treated successfully with medication. The infection usually goes away without any treatment, but the medication only helps to accelerate the treatment with minimum scarring involved.
Treatment through Medication: Antibiotics are usually prescribed by the doctor to kill the bacteria responsible for the ulcers. Also, antibiotics reduce the chances of scarring.
Treatment through Surgery: In this the abscess of the lymph nodes which are painful and large can be drained. This decreases the pain and swelling, but might lead to slight scarring as the sore heals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello sir, I have been married since 3 yrs m trying for a baby from 2 years.. 2 months back my doctor did hsg in anesthesia and found that both my fallopian tubes are blocked and by God's grace he opened both the tubes as there was minor blockage.. But still I am not able to conceive since 2 months of trial I have got periods on 4 of this month. What should be done please advise?
Hi. Period time me kitne dino tak sex nahi karna chahiye taki pregnancy ke chance na rhe. Pregnancy rokne k kon kon se tarike h pls tell me sir.
Sir jb b meri girlfriend ki date ati h na to uske pet me bhut pain hota h. Pehle 2 din to bhut jyada rehya h sir or vo painkillers b khati h but vo b dangerous hoti h na to jyada nhi Le skte. Kya iska koi solution h sir? Sir uski age 22 year h.
Sir, my wife is pregnant and she is beta thalassemia heterozygous and I may thalassemia status is normal. What may be the effect on my baby and what will be the effect in future on the health of my wife. Please advise.
Here are some treatments to cure infertility
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which is chronic i.e. lasts for years or more than at least six weeks and may affect any part or organ of the body. The immune system fights off viruses, bacteria and germs by producing proteins known as antibodies. Autoimmune means that due to some defect, your immune system is unable to differentiate between the healthy tissues in your body and foreign invader that harms your body; thus creating antibodies that destroy the healthy tissues. This causes inflammation and damage to various parts of the bodies, leaving the sufferer in excruciating pain.
- Fatigue: Most of the people suffering from Lupus experience weariness and fatigue. People usually take afternoon naps to remedy this. However, this may lead to insomnia. Talk to a doctor to successfully cure this symptom.
- Unexplained Fever: If you suffer from recurrent fever that hovers around 99 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, visit the doctor as soon as possible since this is a sign of infection or inflammation.
- Hair Loss: One of the most prominent symptoms of Lupus is hair loss or thinning of hair. You may find your hair looking brittle, thin and ragged, including the hair on your eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Lesions or Skin Rash: Another prominent symptom is the butterfly rash that covers both the cheeks and the bridge of the nose and appears right before a flare up. This rash may occur all of a sudden or when exposed to the sunlight. Lupus also causes lesions and discoloration on various parts of the body due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Pulmonary Issues: Lupus causes pleuritic chest pain due to painful inflammation in the lungs as well as the areas surrounding it such as diaphragm and lung blood vessels. This affects the patient's breathing process. Moreover, Lupus is also known to decrease the size of the lung also called the "Vanishing Lung Syndrome" that is identified by shortness of breath and chronic chest pain.
- Kidney Inflammation: Most individuals suffering from Lupus tend to develop nephritis that is inflammation in the kidneys. It is imperative to visit the doctor if you have symptoms of Nephritis as it may cause end-stage renal disease (ESRD) if untreated.