Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama ChakravortyYour feedback matters!
My periods are 13 days late. I checked on preganews last night it was negative. What should I do. As I am planning for family.
I Married To My Girl friend, But She Get Too Much Pain While Sex, I Used Slippery Type Oils Also But She Get Always Enough Pain, Is It Normal? Or Need To Go For Doctors? Any Help Please.
I am 27 year old, I got my periods on 12 may which ended on 17 may with little discharge and I had sex on 19 may which was unprotected and I took unwanted 72 on 20 may. On 24 I vomit and on 26 its bleeding. Why is it happening? Is it a pregnancy please answer.
1.Eat More Calories Than You Burn:
The most important thing you can do to gain weight is to eat more calories than your body burns. You need to eat more calories than your body burns in order to gain weight. Aim for 300-500 calories per day above your maintenance level, or 700-1000 calories if you want to gain weight fast.
2.Eat Lots of Protein:
Protein forms the building blocks of your muscles. Eating sufficient protein is required to gain muscle weight instead of just fat.High-protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others. Protein supplements like whey protein can also be useful if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet.
3.Eat Lots of Carbs and Fat, and Eat at Least 3 Times Per Day:
In order to gain weight, eat at least 3 meals per day and make sure to eat plenty of fat, carbs and protein.
4.Eat a Lot of Energy-Dense Foods and use Sauces, condiments:
Here are some energy-dense foods that are perfect for gaining weight:
Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.
High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
Fats and Oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail.
5.Lift Heavy Weights and Improve Your Strength:
It is very important to lift heavy weights and improve your strength. This will help you gain muscle mass instead of just fat.
6.Don’t drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach.
7.Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
8.Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
Try weight gainer shakes. If you are really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories.
9.Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you are trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.
10.Add cream to your coffee. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
11 Take creatine. The muscle building supplement creatine monohydrate can help you gain a few pounds in muscle weight.
12Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
Is it safe to consume I pill in a span of 3 months? Are there any other safer alternatives of emergency contraceptives.
Kidney! a silent partner for good health!
The colour, density and smell of urine can reveal much about the state of health.
Hi doctor, I am pregnant and is last month about to end in this month end (29 May. I went to gynaecologist for routing Check up. She told me that my baby is not coming down (it's not yet come down in bacha dani). My BP is higher 130/90. Dr. given medicine for bp, becoz of high bP swelling in my legs. And also advice for one more sonography to see baby position. Doctor please advise me what activities shud I do so my baby can come down.
My husband age is 33years, we are newly married couple and having very rare physical relation as we live apart from each other. But when we have sex and after it, he feels pain in his entire body. Is it normal or anything serious matter?
I have a single kidney by birth. Does this will create a problem while conceiving? what problems will I face.
Water is the life giving source of the planet and we would do well to remember to have our daily dose of at least seven to eight glasses of water a day. Besides it many health benefits, water is also a great partner to have in the weight loss process. As per many scientific studies, you can actually lose up to 2 kilograms of fat by taking your daily intake of water to ten glasses a day, at least.
So, let us find out how we can actually lose weight by drinking more water:
- Appetite: When you drink more water before a meal, you are actually taking care of something called mental hunger, which is the reflex of the brain around mealtimes and during boredom, inducing you to eat more. So, to avoid eating a heavy meal, you may want to have plenty of water before you sit down to eat.
- Calories: It has been scientifically proven that greater water intake can actually help in the weight loss process by creating an increase in what is known as resting energy expenditure. As we all know, there are various ways in which calories may be burnt throughout the day, including sitting standing and even sleeping. The resting state may induce more calorie expenditure with the help of increased water consumption.
- Long Term Weight Gain: The intake of more water helps in bringing down your weight by 0.13 kilograms at a time, which goes a long way in your weight loss journey. Further, the results are also more sustainable and long staying. You can add a cup of water after each glass and you can also replace your other beverages with water.
- Better Results in the Gym: Your workout sessions and that gym outing could actually benefit from more water intake. The way this works is that your joints and muscles are better lubricated which reduces the chances of stiffness due to intense and prolonged movements. This will actually help you in working out for longer periods without getting drained or tired too soon. So remember to drink plenty of water at least half an hour before you hit the gym or go running.
While water can be your best weight loss partner, it can also be a futile ingredient if you do not eliminate the things that lead to weight gain, or hold you back as far as optimum weight loss is concerned. So, you may want to ditch the sweetened and carbonated drinks and let go of fried and fatty food to let your body make room for lots of water instead!
Hello I got conceived before one year but due to ectopic pregnancy aborted still nw trying for pregnancy .shall we go for iui whether it will b positive .my weight is 5 KGS more than normal whether this weight factor affects iui .whether it will work out pls suggest me.
After 3 months of marriage periods start fluctuating for 1st month its late by 2 days then on next month same 2 days late but now its about 11 days early in 3rd month please advice is it normal
I was 5 week pregnant as on 8 sep 2016 (I had calculated based on my last period date 3rd aug 2016 and no period had taken place on 3rd sep 2016 ), I have taken MTP kit having 5 tab one mifepristone and 4 nos. 200 mg Misoprostol by diluting in water ,In diluted mifepristone I had a pain and after taking diluted Misoprostol (2 Tab) I started bleeding, then also I took 2 more diluted Misoprostol, My bleeding continued till 8-9 days (Stating heavily and gradually lighter) After that I did not went for ultrasound or pregnancy test KIT or any test as it was not possible for me as each & everyone knows my family in surrounding. After 2 week I was in doubt (because I use to feel nausea some times and back pain) that whether my pregnancy is still ON or has been stopped, to make it 100 % sure after two week (7th Week) again I took 2 Misportal only diluted in water ,Now I am feeling that my belly has come out for 0.5 inch approx. And again I am worried that the diluted medicine I had taken, worked or not. My Query is that Can I repeat the course of MTP Kit (5 Tab) once again in same process (By Diluting in water), If my pregnancy is ON then now It is 8.5 week as if now. Pls reply urgently as delay in response may lead to difficulty in taking decision.
With the change in lifestyle and stressful work profiles, a few ladies lean toward fasting with little alterations like tasting some water, tea or coffee. Few of them likewise consume fruits and dry fruits. In case you are fasting the altered way, you can begin your day with the same meal excluding dry fruits, fruits and coconut water.
These things can be included later in the day when you truly feel the need. Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of tea or coffee. Likewise, abstain from eating anything sweetened and high in sugar items while you are fasting. As the time gap will be long between your meals, eliminating these foods will help you stay away from unnecessary stress on the digestive system. This is how you can fast the healthy way during Karva Chauth:
- Nuts: Have plenty of nuts, for example, almonds and walnuts as they build up your energy for the day and are highly beneficial for your health. These nutritious nuts are high in fats that are essential for the body (connected to anti-aging and bringing down cholesterol). They are high in protein, which will keep you satisfied for a longer period of time.
- Water: Drink two to three glasses of lukewarm water. In case the water is warm, it gets consumed quicker as it matches the surrounding body temperature. This is essential to fuel up your reserves at the time of your sargi.
- Tea: It is an individual decision to consume some fluid at night. For those of you, who might want to do this, ensure in case you are having tea, to drink it with plenty of milk. Generally having tea on an empty stomach will increase the acidity of the stomach and may bring about pain.
- Sargi: In the morning while you have sargi, maintain a strategic distance from extremely sugary foods. In case that it is an absolute necessity, have just a bit to taste. The guideline is that sweet foods have a tendency to disturb hunger later in the day. So stay away from those appetite enhancers by keeping away from a lot of sweet. Homemade paneer is a healthy choice as it is high in protein and will in this way give you energy.
- Breakfast: Go for a light breakfast in the morning to stay away from a migraine and feeling heavy-headed the entire day. You may pick products like fruits and whole grains for your breakfast rather than refined oats and bread.
- Organic Products: Desserts build your hunger even more. In this manner try staying away from desserts the entire day. Rather you can pick organic products, as they give you early satiety with healthy nourishment.
My girlfriend is having severe pain in her stomach since two days! We had unprotected sex before 15 days and when her periods just ended! Is there any symptoms of pregnancy?
There is this general idea regarding gynecologists that one just needs to consult them when you are pregnant. Other than pregnancy, most women need the help of a gynaecologist, general specialist or a family doctor for managing certain womanly issues. Gynaecological problems are of various kinds and are not just limited to pregnancy or postpartum health conditions.
A point by point discussion, carrying out the required tests alongside the right treatment are done by your gynaecologist. It can assess your health status and make it better.
Here are some reasons to visit a gynecologist:
1. Menstrual irregularity: In case of menstrual irregularity, you should visit your gynaecologist quickly. Abnormal bleeding from the uterus may indicate many a disease such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic infection or the presence of polyps in the uterus.
Visit a gynecologist when:
- Your periods are irregular and far away.
- You have repetitive periods, which return in a range of 21 days or less.
- There is bleeding in between the periods.
- Your periods keep going over 7 days
- You have exceptionally postponed periods
- Your periods are unnaturally heavy.
- You miss your periods.
- Abnormal cases of menstrual bleeding.
2. Vaginal problems: Problems in the vagina may lead to infection in the urinary tract. A gynaecologist should be consulted who would prescribe OTC medicines. In case of problems in the vagina, a gynaecologist should be consulted when:
- The frequency of your urine increase abnormally without any specific reason.
- There is pain or burning sensation during urination.
- Urine is accompanied with blood.
- There is an abnormal discharge coming out from your vagina.
- You have itching sensation in your vagina.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
3. Problems with the breasts: Any kind of problem in the breasts needs the attention of a gynaecologist. In case of breast issues, you should visit a doctor when
- A certain amount of discomfort is experienced in the breasts during periods.
- A lump is felt in the breasts.
- Discharge material comes out from the breasts.
4. Pain in lower abdomen: An abdominal pain can cause tumors, fibroids or even ovarian cysts in women. On the off chance that you encounter insufferable abdominal pain alongside menstrual irregularity, discuss the signs and side effects with your gynaecologist. Visit the doctor when:
- Pelvic pain is experienced occasionally along with great discomfort.
- Menstrual cramps occur.
- Pain in lower abdomen occurs after having sex.
- A lump develops in the abdomen accompanied by pain.
Pregnancy is not the only reason for visiting a gynaecologist as a gynaecologist looks after many other issues in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.