Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupam SibalYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 24 years male. I am suffering form some lower and middle pain. Gp recommended USG, lft, stool exam. But no abnormalities. He says when stools not clear pain will be occurred. But when stools cleared some pain occurred. What I do? He give me cyra d for 1 months but no profit. Please sir help me.
I am 64 man my liver shows a size of16by14mm and lefy kidney lower pole cyst of size 19.7by17.5 mm and prostate wt. Is29.4gms is grade 1. Medial lobe of prostrate projecting into the ub on 17/4/15. I am feeling sweet pain in my lower abdomain andlower back pain. Stiffness in lower back I feel. Please give your opinion. Thanks.
I am 69 years old. During summer what ever small quantity of food taken it soon burns in my stomach and feels uneasy. Kindly advise me in this regards how to get rid of this.
Hello. I am a girl of age 23 I am going through homeopathic medicines and also facing problem of food digestion. I usually feel like I have to go potty. Every time it makes me feel like something is happening in my stomach. Suggest me what I should do. I am so much worried about this. Thank you!
I am 52 years old men and I am facing problem of stomach gas from many year I used many DSR tablets but not good results received mostly in sitting position gas feeling is very high.
Sir I am 19 year old. I am suffering from digestion problem. Also in morning, my bowel not completely clear. I have to go many times for toilet in a day. I have very less appetite. I follow all the rules still I am suffering. Please suggests me some non habitual ayurvedic medicine.
Solution for digestion problem. Early morning after eating breakfast .I felt like motion in my body.
I am suffering from stomach infection since 1 week I am also having pain tell me what I can do any medicine.
My problem is I am facing very high problem of digestion. Very slow digestion. And my meal is normal. And I am also facing problem of mouth sore also. please tell me remedy for this or best medicine. My age is 21. And my meal is normal.
Hello, I am a 34 years old, fairly healthy, young woman with no known medical problems. However, I do get extreme, painful gas quite often. My tummy distended and I feel like my stomach is full of gas that I am not able to release. I can't pass gas and I can't belch. Quite often, I can even feel the gas move so suddenly and violently that it will actually jerk me when it moves. I can also hear it. It loud. Others can hear it also. This doesn't just happen when I eat a particular food. It happens almost everyday. To some degree, at least. I don't have acid reflux. Just a gas withholding problem. I can't seem to pass it. When I do feel the gas move down far enough for a normal person to be able to pass it I am still not able to. I have to actually push very hard to be able to push only a small amount out. Even Bean-O and Gax X doesn't seem to help me release the gas. I don't know why this is happening or what I can do to relieve it.
I have my stomach problem since 5 days. It is a big problem for me. I can't be able to eat food as much as I need. So, I am getting weak day by day. Please solve issue as soon as possible. I am thankful for it. Please help!
I am 25 year old male. When I have travelled on bile 70-100 km, next day in blooding in bathroom after motion. Please guide.
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Maybe your nightly glass of wine has turned into two or three. Or you're overdoing it on the beer and have the paunch to prove it.
Whether you want to clean up your diet or you're trying to nip a potential issue in the bud, giving up alcohol can be tough—but the benefits make it worth the effort!
Taking a break from drinking alcohol—even if it's just for a couple of weeks—is a good idea, especially if you're regularly consuming more than the recommended daily limit. That limit is generally defined as a drink a day for women, and two for men. Keep in mind though, never attempt to detox from alcohol on your own. Always consult your Psychiatrist before abruptly stopping alcohol.
Here's what you can expect to happen, both short- and long-term, if you give up alcohol:
1. You'll sleep more soundly. Drinking before bed increases alpha wave patterns in the brain—a kind of cerebral activity that usually occurs when you're awake but resting. The result? Disrupted sleep. A review of 27 studies found, that while alcohol may help people fall asleep more quickly and deeply at first, it seriously meddles with sleep quality after the initial restful period. You may toss and turn a bit at first, but give up alcohol and the sleep you get will likely leave you feeling more refreshed and sharp the next day. The byproducts of better sleep: improved mood, concentration, and mental performance.
2. You'll consume less at dinner. Alcohol is one of the biggest drivers of excess food intake. Alcohol is frequently paired with mostly fried and other junk food, which is extremely unhealthy.
3. You may feel new sugar cravings. Sugar boosts levels of the "reward" chemical dopamine, which fuels feelings of pleasure. Alcohol does the same thing. So it's very possible that when you give up one substance that causes happy-making chemicals to float around your brain, you'll be more likely to reach for the other. Don't be surprised if you try to get that same enjoyment or rush you used to get after a drink from something sweet.
4. Pounds will start to fall off. Alcohol has a sneaky way of increasing your daily calorie intake without you realizing it. One study found men consume an additional 433 calories on those days they drink a "moderate" amount of alcohol. For women, it's 300 calories. Cut those from your diet—and don't replace them with desserts—and you'll start to lost weight without much effort.
5. Hello, clear complexion. Within a few days, you'll notice your skin looking and feeling more hydrated. That's because alcohol is a diuretic, causing you to urinate more. Alcohol also decreases the body's production of antidiuretic hormone, which helps the body reabsorb water. (Less water in the body equals parched-looking skin.) Ruddiness in your cheeks and around your nose may also start to fade, and other skin conditions—such as dandruff, eczema, or rosacea—may also improve.
6. You'll have more money. Drinking—especially a fine wine or scotch habit—is an expensive undertaking. Take a moment to crunch the numbers, adding up what you spend for drinks both at home and out on the town (factoring in tax and tip). It can be an eye-opening—and motivating—exercise.
7. You'll have amazing sex. Alcohol and sex have always had an uneasy relationship with one another. On the one hand, they certainly seem to hook up more often in each other’s presence. On the other hand, those hook-ups aren’t always totally satisfying.
Alcohol can sometimes enhance your libido, but it simultaneously tends to reduce your ability to act on said libido. As a result, men are frequently unable to ‘get it up.’ Ladies lose sensitivity. When you quit drinking, you may find that it’s not only easier to have sober sex, it’s also much more enjoyable.
Not to mention, people who drink more engage in more risky sexual behaviors, so much so that drinking triples your odds of getting a nasty STD compared to those who don't drink. You’re also less likely to use protection. That’s because it plagues judgment and decision-making skills.
If you’re like most people, the benefits of stopping drinking could include a decrease in the sheer quantity of intercourse and a meaningful increase in the quality of your sex life. In a nutshell, quitting drinking means more orgasms, less crabs, and fewer unwanted pregnancies. That’s a win-win.