Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anupam JoshiYour feedback matters!
Frequently coming urine I. E, more than 5 times perhour. I was suffering this disease from years. What is the solution for this?
From last 2 heads I am feeling chills without no reason. Many times I feel chills. Even in summer I feel chills during bath. every time I checked my temperature it's always normal. I never had fever. My HIV HCV HBV all reports are negative then what could be the reason behind that. Help me please.
Hey One of my cousin brother is in relationship with a girl and use to have sex twice or thrice a week and he is 19 years old So his question is does having sex stops height growth ?
These 13 home remedies are effective against arthritis
Arthritis is a type of disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints in the body. The condition affects approximately 350 million people worldwide, with osteoarthritis being the most common type. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the united states, with over 20 million people affected by it.
Arthritis can be triggered by severe bouts of inflammation, which occur when chemicals are released from the body into the bloodstream, or damaged tissue areas. This chemical release eventually aggravates the nerves, which results in a great deal of pain. Rheumatoid arthritis can even cause disfigurement of the hands.
We're going to discuss 13 tips for taking preventative measures against the disease, as well as how to alleviate its symptoms if it's already present. When discussing arthritis, it's crucial to familiarize yourself with the different types of classes and associated symptoms.
Editor's note: the remedies listed here are not a substitute for medical treatment. Please consult with your doctor if you're experiencing symptoms.
Classes of arthritis
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
Gout and pseudo-gout
Symptoms of arthritis
Loss of joint function
Fatigue/loss of energy
Loss of appetite
Here are 13 natural remedies to prevent arthritis:
Retain mobility in your joints by exercising regularly. Exercising will help control the excess pressure and strain that inflames the joint. It will also help strengthen the muscles that support the joint, and keep your joints fully lubricated. Always warm up properly before performing any stretching exercises. It's also a good idea to follow a healthy diet, and go for a walk every day.
There's nothing quite as soothing for your aching joints and muscles as getting a massage. Massaging with mustard oil might seem a bit out of the ordinary, but it works. The oil helps reduce joint pain and inflammation. You can prepare a homemade mustard oil mix as follows:
Heat a little mustard oil until it becomes slightly warm. Onion juice may be added if there is swelling.
Rub the oil gently over the painful joint or joints before covering it with plastic wrap.
Apply warm towels to the swelling joints, and repeat on a daily basis or until swelling goes down.
3. Epsom salt
Magnesium relaxes the muscles and nerve endings, which become aggravated by the inflammation. Dunking your hands in a bowl of water with epsom salt can help alleviate the discomfort. It's also a great source of magnesium, which regulates the ph balance levels in the body. The salt keeps the ph levels low to prevent inflammation. Here's how to prepare an epsom salt mixture:
Fill a large bowl with warm water, and add a half cup of epsom salt. Make sure you stir the contents of the bowl.
Dunk your hands or affected joints in the bowl. Alternatively, you may want to fill a tub with warm water and add 2 cups of epsom salt to allow more room for larger joints, such as the knees.
Soak your joints for approximately 15 minutes. Soak daily.
Turmeric helps to reduce painful swelling and joint inflammation. The dark yellow spice promotes healthy functioning of the joints, keeps your immune system well-protected, and improves digestion. It's also excellent for reducing pain among people who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. The yellow powder can even be mixed together with green tea, and here's the delicious recipe:
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of honey for a little flavoring
5. Increase your magnesium intake
Magnesium is essential for absorbing calcium, which strengthens the bones. Magnesium supplements can relieve pain and rebuild bone tissue. Eat more foods that are high in magnesium, such as beans, nuts, whole grains, dark leafy greens, and fish. Magnesium oils and supplements can be purchased at any local health store. It's important to maintain high bone density to thwart the pain.
6. Extra virgin olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil acts like a natural aspirin to help heal painful joints. The oil contains the inflammatory enzymes cox-1 and cox-2, which help lubricate your joints and provide you with instant pain relief. You can either rub a bit of the olive oil on the affected joints or consume 2-3 teaspoons of it.
Ginger can reduce swelling and stiffness in the joints due to the high anti-inflammatory components found inside. Eating raw ginger on a regular basis can help alleviate pain by improving blood circulation. Ginger may be added to green tea to create a great healing solution. Here is an easy recipe you can make if you don't enjoy the taste of raw ginger:
Fill a bowl with 6 teaspoons of dried ginger, 6 teaspoons of caraway seeds, and 3 teaspoons of black pepper. Mix well.
Consume half a teaspoon of the mixture with a glass of water after each meal.
8. Fish oil
Popular fish oil supplements are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, epa and dha, which are used to combat arthritis. The fatty acids also boost your immune system, fighting off swelling or achy joints. Fish oil also improves your cardiovascular system and helps prevent blood clots. Cold water fish should be added your dietary plan, but if you don't enjoy eating fish, a capsule of fish oil will suffice.
9. Cayenne ointment
The capsaicin of the cayenne pepper acts as a natural dopamine to block out pain signals from the neurological system. It disrupts the substance p, which transmits pain signals to the brain. Cayenne ointment may be applied to the joints to relieve the pain. You can prepare your own treatment with these easy-to-follow instructions:
What you will need:
3 tablespoons of cayenne powder
1 cup of grapeseed oil (or any other oil like almond, olive, jojoba)
1/2 cup of grated beeswax
A glass jar with a tightly fitting lid
A double boiler
Mix 3 tablespoons of cayenne powder together with a cup of your oil of choice.
Heat the oily mixture in a double boiler for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
Stir in a half cup of grated beeswax until the substance has fully melted down and everything is blended together.
Keep the cayenne mixture chilled in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, and then whisk. Repeat the step for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Pour into a glass jar with a tightly fitting lid in the refrigerator, and apply daily.
The anti-microbial, anti-carcinogenic, and antioxidant properties contained in cinnamon help repair damaged tissues and increase bone density. The powerful spice is an ideal wonder drug for people suffering from osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. Cinnamon blends well with honey, and helps soothe the discomforting areas.
Mix a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a tablespoon of honey, into a cup of warm water or add the combination to your tea. A honey cinnamon paste can be made, and massaged gently over the painful areas.
11. Peppermint eucalyptus oil blend
Peppermint and eucalyptus oil, when combined, offer a soothing sensation to the achy arthritic joints. Here's how to prepare the mixture:
What you will need:
5-10 drops of eucalyptus oil
5-10 drops of peppermint oil
1-2 tablespoons of carrier oil (olive, almond, grape seed, etc.)
A small dark glass bottle
Blend 5-10 drops of eucalyptus and peppermint oil together, and then add 1-2 tablespoons of carrier oil to the mixture.
Carrier oil dilutes the essential oil, to prevent skin irritation.
Keep the concoction stored in a dark glass bottle, far away from direct sunlight.
Cherries are excellent sources of magnesium and potassium, both vital components for treating joint discomfort and pain. The potassium acts as a natural anti-inflammatory. Make sure you eat a handful of cherries every day to keep the inflammation away! you can prepare a homemade cherry syrup by boiling a few cherries in water for a couple of minutes. Once the water thoroughly boils, it will form into a sweet tasting syrup.
13. Juniper berry tea
Juniper berries are used to treat arthritic pain, nerve pain and gout. They contain the powerful anti-inflammatory compound, known as terpinen-4-ol. Note: pregnant women should not drink juniper tea because it can lead to miscarriages.
Here's how to prepare juniper tea:
What you will need:
1 tablespoon of dried juniper berries
1 cup of fresh water
A teaspoon of honey
Place a tablespoon of fresh juniper berries into a cup of boiled water. Add a teaspoon of honey to increase the flavor.
Pour the boiling water over the berries, and allow them to soak for 20 minutes before straining.
Drink the tea twice per day.
Source: top10homeremedies and everydayroots
I am 20 years old and I feel headache and pain in my body. I can't eat too much food and sometimes feel like vomiting. What should I do please help me with medicines also?
I had a serious headache. And I met doctor and he suggested that I have sinusitis problem. Please go sum medical tips.
Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.
I observed erection problems while sex from few months. And sex frequency also decreasing. What to do for better sex life?
Sir in the winter time easily I have common cold and it remain 10-15 day easily it does not improve by any medicine. please sugest me.
I am 24 year old lady, from 5-6 days I am feeling tired and sleepy. At morning neck, shoulder and top of head pain. Feel head heavier. I had sinus surgery before 2-3 years and having allergy to cold things. Last week ate lost of cold things. So does it starting of cold and cough? Please suggest me proper medicine? Thank you.
I am thinking too much about sex and end up masturbating thrice a day. I week too weak and there is a back pain. Please advice how to control this addiction. What should I do to stop this or reduce it give some strong remedy.
How to boost my immune system? Can I've daily couple of Brazil nuts? My body temperature is more than normal room temperature, even I too feel. But i'm not feeling much thirsty. Moreover suffering from Tinea versicolor. White patches are in both hands and neck. No itching and all.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Related Tip: Almond vs. Walnuts - Which nut is best for you??