Dr. Anuneet Sabharwal is a respected psychiatrist from Delhi. From a very young age, Dr. Sabharwal was fascinated by the human mind. He, therefore, decided to further his passion for Psychology and Mental health. He completed his MBBS from Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad in 2012. After graduating, he joined JN Medical College, KLE University in Belgaum to complete his Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Psychiatry. He is currently practising at the Infiniti Clinic in Ram Vihar, New Delhi. During his 6 years as a practitioner, he has treated diseases ranging from various debilitating Psychiatric illness to simple forms of stress.
He provides the following services: Epilepsy Treatment, Psychoanalysis for mourning, Treatment of Adopted Child Syndrome, Treatment of Mental Disorders, Treatment of Emotional Abuse, Treatment of Oppositional Defiant Disorder, treatment of Abnormal Behaviour and psychotherapy for couples. Dr. Sabharwal is an active member of the Delhi Psychiatric Society.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Anuneet SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Anuneet Sabharwal provides answers that are very helpful. Thnk u doctor.
Dr. Anuneet Sabharwal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Anuneet Sabharwal provides answers that are very helpful. Good
I read about dr Anuneet Sabharwal on one of the social media platform. I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time. In order to diagnose my problem completely regarding alcohol addiction asked me a number of questions. Due to my addiction my daily activities were suffering. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Infinity Clinic in Delhi During the complete treatment program he always supported and motivated me. Over the period of time i noticed a number of changes in myself. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease.
I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of depression. Anuneet Sabharwal has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. Hygiene is very important, and I must Infinity Clinic was extremely clean. The best thing about Anuneet Sabharwal is that he prescribes limited no. of medicines. Thanks to him that the depression treatment he gave me has given brilliant results.
dr Anuneet Sabharwal is a Friendly psychiatrist , pleasing to talk to, helps you guide your thoughts to try to arrive at root cause of the problem. I had a problem of anxiety. I visited her at her clinic Infinity Clinic in Delhi.
dr Anuneet Sabharwal is a very good doctor for consulting on anger managment i consulted the doctor at Infinity Clinic in Delhi i have seen miraculous changes in myself post the treatment.
Dr. Anuneet doesn't believe in superficial treatment. He addresses the problem from the roots. His counselling has a sustained effect.
Excellent he goes deep into the problem and his agenda always is to treat the disease from the root
Dr. Anuneet Sabharwal provides answers that are very helpful. Yes
Dr Anuneet Sabharwal is very helpful.
A stressful life and an unhealthy lifestyle impacts not only our physical health, but also our mental health. There are some instances now that have proved that most cases of mental illness such as depression, anxiety, and stress, happen due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Though in an extreme condition, you may need the help of a professional expert, there are many ways through which you can keep your physical, as well as mental health, in check.
Food is the most important ingredient of a healthy body and mind. Today, many physical ailments take place due to a wrong diet and unhealthy food habits. Some of the most common mistakes that people make these days are:
- Skipping important meals such as breakfast,
- Not consuming a balanced diet,
- Depending more upon junk food items rather than healthy food items.
It's always best to consume lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits. The vitamins and minerals available in a balanced diet are very important to keep you away from health issues. Also, green vegetables such as spinach help in oxidizing the blood that reaches your brain and help in proper working of the brain cells.
Along with consuming proper and balanced diet, it is also important to provide a proper amount of workout session to both the body and mind.
Today, some people rely on gym instruments inside the four enclosed walls of a room. This may help you in getting a well-toned and fit body, but may not benefit your mind.
If you wish to keep your mind away from problems such as tiredness and stress, then it is important to inhale some fresh air at least once a day. A good way is to go for some exercises such as walking, jogging, cycling and others in open air for some time. The fresh and open air, along with exposure to greenery, refreshes your mind and hence controls the release of anxiety toxins in the brain.
After proper diet and exercise, what is most important is relaxation. If you are working the whole day and you do not have time for relaxation, the tiredness will make you fall sick. Some useful tips are:
- Sleeping at least 8 hours a day,
- Practicing meditation in case of extreme stress,
- Taking out some time from a busy schedule in doing activities you love to do, such as playing music, or reading books.
Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle not only to keep your body fit and healthy but also to keep your mind healthy and free from anxiety and stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Binge drinking is a problem that has been noticed nowadays in many teenagers and youngsters. Whether it is at an event or a party, drinking high doses of alcohol in one sitting is known as binge drinking.
Binge Drinking in Women Is Different from Men
Binge drinking for men is the consumption of more than five alcoholic beverages in one sitting. But the case is different for women. For women binge drinking is defined as a woman consuming more than four alcoholic beverages in a single sitting. Also, it has been found in a survey that almost 75% of the binge drinkers are college students. Among these, the ratio of men is much higher than women.
What Leads to Binge Drinking?
- Lack of control: One of the most common reasons is, of course, the lack of control. When such a person comes in contact with alcohol, they tend to over drink because they have no control over their drinking.
- The weekend fun: Secondly, another reason is seen in the case of youngsters between the age of 18 years to 35 years. These are youngsters who have a tendency of meeting friends and going out on weekends after the week’s toil. They know that after this weekend they will be able to enjoy their favorite bottle only in the next weekend. Hence, they binge drink.
Results of Binge Drinking
It becomes difficult to check how much alcohol will affect a person, because it depends on various factors, such as height, weight, age and also at times, alcohol tolerance of the person. But of course, there are some common results of binge drinking. Some of such results are:
- Unintended and unprotected sex leading to pregnancy or even STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) in some cases
- Accidents that may lead to severe injuries and even death at times
- Physical or mental assault of others that the person may regret later on.
When Is Help Required?
When the person has a habit of driving after drinking, neglecting family and doing harm to others as well, help is surely needed. Here, short 4-5 sessions with a therapist may help. A regular drinking habit is no doubt a reason to worry. But binge drinking is another reason that can lead to bigger problems and hence, needs to be examined closely too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Even in today's world of technological advancement and modern thoughts, there are many instances of abusive relationships behind closed doors. Physical assault is not the only method of domestic violence or abuse. There are normally three ways your spouse may be abusing you-
- Physical abuse is when your spouse takes up to beating. It is not just beating, but there can be other ways of physical abuse that may hurt you physically somehow.
- Sexual abuse is when you are forced by your spouse for unwanted sex, that amounts to marital rape. Even with consensual sex, there may be certain activities during sex that you do not want to engage in.
- Emotional Abuse is another form of abuse, where your spouse does not use physical control, but controls you mentally or emotionally. In all of the above cases, just tolerating the abuses without saying anything against it, may lead to serious problems in future.
Symptoms of Being Abused
There can be many times when you are unable to judge whether you are being abused by your spouse. In this case, there are a few symptoms that you can match up to check whether you are a victim of spousal abuse:
- You are afraid of your spouse,
- You do not want to anger your spouse,
- Lack of confidence that may make you feel that you deserve to be punished,
- You start feeling that you are either crazy, or too helpless.
Now you can also judge whether your partner is abusive, by noticing these symptoms:
- Your partner humiliates you and criticizes you all the time,
- Your partner treats you badly in front of friends and family,
- Ignores your accomplishments or emotions and blames you for everything,
- Treats you as an object for sex,
- Controls your life in all aspects.
Getting Rescued From the Situation
Abuse can be for both the husband and wife. But in most cases, partners do not come out in the open and talk about it. Women think they can manage and adjust to keep the marriage going, while men think it is too shameful to admit that they are being abused by their wives. But just staying quiet and waiting for a solution is not the best solution. If you want to get out of the situation, trying these options can help.
- Speaking to your spouse since the very first time when you notice such abuse,
- Staying strong and confident always,
- Talking to a friend or a family member about the abuse,
- Calling up the police for help and filing up a case of domestic violence against the spouse,
- Taking up some hard decisions, such as separation from the spouse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
"Get off the mobile and go outside" - are these words being heard more commonly nowadays than at any point in time before? Humanity has just stepped into one of the newest psychiatric disorders. What is worse is that the medical world is divided on whether this should be considered as a disorder, or simply be passed off as a generation gap. Let us look a little deeper about the disorder.
What is internet addiction?
Only recently did Internet addiction and phone addiction became a part of the diagnostic and statistical manual of the mental disorders i.e. Internet addiction is now effectively considered a psychiatric disorder, and there are chances of identifying and treating it using medically approved means. As the name suggests, internet addiction and phone addiction means that the person is using his creative and designated time on a medium when he is no longer required to. Simply put, it becomes an obsessive habit on part of the person to look into his/her phone and use the internet as a routine activity. Long term addiction can lead to many psychological factors such as withdrawal symptoms, depression, and general loss of awareness about the surroundings. For most people, the syndrome can be an underlying factor of an even more severe health condition that the person is trying to mask by whiling away his/her time on the internet and mobile.
Addiction in today’s world
As of now, only two countries, South Korea and China have identified the disorder, and treatments are administered. Europe and the United States have also categorised it as a disorder, and research is being done on it. The general treatment plan that exists presently, aims to understand the patient first. The psychiatric treatment tries to successfully bridge the user and his/her addiction. From practicing different times of using the internet, to suggesting new schedules and goals, the person can be slowly be eased back into society. The purpose of psychiatric intervention is not to block the internet/ mobile usage completely, but to limit it. A person is educated to get his satisfaction in other forms, like relationships, outdoor activities.
Though still in its early stages, the medical world has made it clear that its contribution towards these mental addictions would increase many fold in the very near future. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Your mom probably never told you this, but it's true: sex is good for you! Plenty of studies show it: regular sex increases immunity from viruses, relieves stress, and even helps protect the health of a man's prostate gland by emptying fluids held there! It also triggers the release of chemicals that improve mood and ease pain. Your doctor probably never told you this, but this is also true: most people can and should have sex well into old age!
While menopause in women does affect sexual drive and function somewhat, there is no reason healthy men or women can't experience sexual pleasure at any stage in life. Sure, the nature and intensity of the sex may change, but the love and pleasure don't! If your sex drive has stalled out, you have good reasons to rev it back up again. Just try a couple of these tips and we guarantee your engine will be turning over again in no time.
- Frequent dating: Take time once in a while to go out for a dinner at least where there are no other distractions. Just the two of you, and it will make a difference. Do not talk about home, children, work, etc.
- Night outs/weekend outings: Once in a while, try staying away from home. This could be an extended dinner, where you do not return home that day or a weekend outing where just the two of you take time out with each other.
- Have sex tonight: Having regular sex helps keep your sex drive in high gear, by increasing the production of testosterone, which is the hormone mainly responsible for libido in both men and women.
- Women: Practice Kegel exercises. You know what Kegels are, they're the squeezing exercises your doctor told you to do after pregnancy, or because you were having a bit of a problem with leaking urine. What the Doc probably didn't tell you is that they're also great for strengthening the pubococcygeus muscle, essential for orgasm. To do Kegels, take note of the muscle you use to stop the urinary flow, then practice contracting that muscle, gradually releasing it. Work up to 20 contractions three times a day.
- Make sure you touch: Every time you pass your partner, reach out and touch or kiss him or her. Don't allow these moments to go beyond the kiss or hug. Simply increasing the amount of physical contact you have with your partner will help with desire.
- Rituals:Create your own intimate rituals. No, we're not talking about sex. But what about waking him up with a steaming cup of coffee instead of the alarm every morning? What about having a hot bath ready for her in the evening? How about a special dinner out every Tuesday, when most couples are zoned out in front of the TV? Or massaging her feet while you watch a DVD with a big bowl of popcorn? The key is consistency. These are not things you do just once, but over and over again until they become like a secret language between the two of you.
- Body Massage: Spend an hour with your partner touching every part of his/her body, but you can't use your hands. Use other parts of your body (including your imagination) instead. Conversely, caress one another only with your hands touching every part of the body except the genital zones. This can remove any pressure you might feel to "get right to it" after a hectic day on the job and is a wonderful way, at least for the woman, to relax and escape from the daily grind and transition from her other (oh-so-non-sexual) roles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Do you worry about your friend or relative’s drinking habits? You are not alone. There are people who struggle for years with the same question - How can I tell if the person I love is an alcoholic or not?
Well, the good news is that you don’t need to be a medical professional to figure out the right answer to this vital question. Read on to find simple ways to know whether your loved one suffers from alcohol addiction.
First up is a short quiz about drinking habits, developed by Dr. John Ewing to identify alcohol addiction. Treat this as a pointer and take your loved one to an expert, if it points towards alcohol addiction. You can ask these questions directly to your loved one, or you can answer these questions on their behalf.
According to the developers, one "yes" to the four quiz questions signals a problem, and more than one “yes” means that it's time for you or your loved one to get professional help.
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?”
There are many signs of a serious drinking problem. These include certain behaviours such as:
- Drinking just for getting drunk
- Drinking alone
- Keeping alcohol consumption a secret
- Drinking to escape problems
- Hiding alcohol bottles
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms like getting irritated or experiencing nervousness, nausea, getting shakes, breaking out into a cold sweat, and getting hallucinations when unable to source alcohol
- Having problems at work, school, or home, as a result of alcohol consumption
- Losing interest in activities you or your friend used to enjoy
- Having blackouts due to heavy drinking
- Anger and extreme irritation
Other extreme behaviors to watch out for are:
- Being able to drink an awful lot of alcohol
- Trouble stopping once your loved one starts drinking
- A powerful urge to drink
There is another scientific way to determine, if your loved one is an alcoholic. In the US, medical professionals commonly use a criteria, listed in the fourth edition of the ‘Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders’. According to it, the signs and symptoms of alcoholism are clearly laid down and it states that alcohol dependent people:
- Will drink more to get their desired effect from alcohol
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when the effect of alcohol wears off
- Drink larger amounts of alcohol over a longer period of time
- Will be unable to consistently control their drinking
- Will leave important work for drinking
- Will spend a lot of time during the day getting alcohol, drinking it, and recovering from hangovers.
- Continue to use alcohol, despite knowing that their chronic physical or psychological problem is caused due to alcohol.
- To be declared alcohol-dependent, your loved one must experience at least three of these criteria during a year.
However, there is still no one definite test to diagnose alcohol-use disorders. Therefore, professionals diagnose them by making use of the patient’s comprehensive medical, family, and mental-health information. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Which type of tonic powder or churn taken for effects of over masturbation in female and retain strength in ayurvedic.
Feeling sad is one thing, but a persistent feeling of sadness can overtake your life, and is anything but healthy. Depression is not something to be ashamed of. It is a common condition, that can be treated if identified early.
Treatment of depression usually involves a combination of medication and psychotherapy. The effects of depression vary from person to person, but some symptoms are commonly experienced in all cases. These symptoms can be categorised as physical changes, behavioural changes, cognitive changes and emotional changes.
- Physical symptoms of depression: Feeling tired all the time is one of the most common symptoms of depression. The person may also have persistent headaches and sporadic muscle pains. Insomnia or sleep troubles are often associated with depression. This can further lead to significant fatigue, and a vicious cycle ensues. Sleep troubles can also lead to the formation of dark circles under the eyes, and make the patient’s skin look dull. Patients suffering from depression often find themselves losing weight due to a significant loss of appetite, or find themselves snacking excessively, and hence, putting on weight.
- Behavioural symptoms of depression: Depression can make a person withdraw from his or her friends and family and become a recluse. A loss of interest in activities that would usually excite the person is another characteristic symptom of depression. This condition can make a person unable to concentrate or focus on work and other activities, and hence, may affect productivity in school or the workplace. Depression can also make a person rely heavily on alcohol, sedatives etc.
- Cognitive symptoms of depression: Depression can make a person feel worthless, and leave them with a bleak outlook on life. A depressed person will often find himself or herself criticising themselves harshly for things that may or may not be their fault. This can make them increasingly more agitated or irritable. Depressed people may also turn to violence and trigger reckless behaviour such as gambling, substance abuse, reckless driving or taking up a rash sport.
- Emotional symptoms of depression: Feeling sad for no reason characterises depression. This sadness can overwhelm a person and make them feel guilty about indulging in anything that could make them happier. It can also make the person lose confidence in himself/herself, thus making him/her indecisive about simple decisions. Other emotions that are commonly experienced by depressed people include irritability, frustration, guilt, and disappointment.
A frequent but ignored symptom is thoughts of self-harm or suicide, leading to deliberate self-harm/suicide attempts. If you or someone you know suffers from any of the above symptoms, you may need help! Visit your Psychiatrist at the earliest to have yourself evaluated, and started on an appropriate course of management.
Hi Depression among school children when a teacher criticize in front of other children for taking less marks, what is the solution for this ,can we dismiss the teacher making a complaint against her.
Hello Sir/Madam. I'm 19 years old. My pennies is curved downwards and curve is seen when erected. Does this curve cause any problems during sex or after sex. Is masturbation is the reason for the downward bent. How can I straighten that in natural ways. Help me out please.
Does masturbation involve anything in stopping periods .cause I masturbate n I'm just 16 n my periods hasn't happened for abt 3 months.
Benefits of tobacco cessation are many. You reduce your risk for hypertension, cancer, cardio-vascular diseases and other serious chronic diseases substantially, at whatever age you quit your nicotine habit. The earlier you quit, the more you benefit. If you quit before the age of 50, you bring down your risk of dying from smoking-related diseases by 50%. But if you’ve crossed 60, suffer from heart disease and/or hyper tension, you can manage these diseases better through tobacco cessation.
Here are a few other health benefits of stopping tobacco use:
- Reduces risks of heart disease, cancer especially lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cuts down risks of Impotence due to erectile dysfunction in men, and fertility problems in women
- Optic neuropathy affects the optic nerve that conducts visual signals from the eyes to the brain
- Cataract Macular degeneration is breakdown of the tissue at the back of the eye
- Gum disease
- Losing teeth early
- Osteoporosis or spongy, thin bones
- Complications in pregnancy i.e. women who smoke have more complications during pregnancy and have low-birth babies.
Your food and drink also tastes better once you kick the tobacco habit.
So, how can you stop smoking? Are there any medications and strategies available? The answer is a definite ‘Yes’. Tobacco cessation has been honed into an art these days.
- Clinics: There are tobacco cessation clinics that help you with tobacco cessation. These are manned by psychiatrists, who can provide detailed information, encouragement, and tips to stop smoking.
- Medications: You can use many medicines while you’re trying to stop smoking. This increases your chance of quitting and including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). NRT can be in the form of gums, sprays, patches, tablets, lozenges, and inhalers. NRT is even available without a prescription. Medicines called bupropion and varenicline also very useful.
- Electronic cigarettes: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look and feel like normal cigarettes. These contain a heating element that vapourises a solution and looks like smoke. Some may also contain low levels of nicotine. There is currently controversial evidence on their efficacy.
- Counselling and behavioural therapy: They are both very effective too, especially if you are being guided by a cessation expert. He or she can help you with a personalised quit plan, including ways to cope with nicotine withdrawal. Apart from this, online support is also available for those who don’t have the time or money to engage in personal, face-to-face counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Daily one time masturbation can effect my body? Is it true that daily 1 time masturbation can effect diminishing of sperms?
If due to over masturbation the male's sperm nature was thin then what should the man do to make his sperm healthier again with more viscosity?
What is the effect of masturbating once in 7 days to married life? Is there any operations required to be done before doing sex? What is its possible effects to kidney blood and bones?
Hey sir m JST 21 due to bad habits masturbation my penis got bent to left and got stiff n I just fall of within seconds pls suggest something that will favour n secure my future.
Marriages in our country usually last a lifetimeand and require effort from both parties involved to make them work. Often, marriages end because of boredom, as the partners begin to believe that the spark is gone. But there are many ways couples can perk up their marriage.
While it is true that many people are short on precious time in today’s day and age, what is also true is that a marriage is well worth some prioritisation.
Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a little while longer does make good sense, if it means that the time is well-used to bond with one’s significant other. Leisure time spent between couples is crucial for the success of a marriage. Many couples do not make it a habit of listening to each other and this really does work to their detriment. Paying close attention to what the other one says and providing a response may not need a lot of effort but the dividends are rich in the form of the partner feeling good.
Intimacy is a valued feeling of being wanted and it has a big part to play in the success of a marriage. Over the long term, many couples do not make the required effort and the overall quality of their bond is reduced, as a result. While reinitiating contact may be as simple as holding the other’s hand, many people do not do this as they feel their partner should be the one to do so. Intimacy does not only equate to sexual intimacy, but can even simply be looking into one’s partners eyes with love.
Laughter is said to be the best medicine, and this happens to be true in the case of a marriage, as well. It has been found that couples who laugh about their past experiences are happier and get along a lot more amicably than those who do not. Recalling together where the couple first met and started seeing each other also has a positive impact as it makes both partners feel valued and thankful about what they have.
Below, are tips that don’t require much—if any—money, time or even hard work!
Engage in a new activity with your partner. Doing novel activities with your partner enables you to re-experience the original emotional state at the beginning of your marriage. In other words, trying something new sparks excitement, producing passion. You can do anything from deep-sea fishing to salsa dancing to hiking a mountain to eating at a different restaurant.
Add the element of mystery or surprise. Both mystery and surprise also mimic the emotional state of a new romance. But it doesn’t mean whisking your wife away to the Mediterranean or surprising your husband with expensive dinners. Here, little gestures also go a long way. Examples include, surprising your wife at work and whisking her away for lunch, or sending a greeting card in the mail.
Do something that kicks up your adrenaline and arousal. Young marriages start out with an adrenaline rush. Your heart races, you get giddy, you’re alert, awake and excited. Arousal-generating activities can include exercising, going on a vigorous hike, and even watching a scary movie. So it’s almost like fooling your brain that the arousal produced to this scary movie (or any other arousing activity) is really due to your marriage, and this helps to perk up the passion.
Take a mini-vacation — just the two of you. Get out of the house for at least one night and two days, somewhere that interests both of you and creates new memories together. You don’t have to go far from home or spend a lot of money. The key is to spend quality time together away from home. Studies show that for women, in particular, getting away is important. They feel more passionate when they’re away from the pressures of their lives. At home, women have a tough time compartmentalizing things. They’re thinking about the laundry, lunch, paying the bills, cleaning the house, and checking things off their mental to-do list.
Touch more often. Touch produces arousal, comfort and support both physiologically and psychologically, and it doesn’t have to be much of a touch. Holding hands on a walk, making sure you give a hug or kiss or embrace daily reminds you that you’re physiologically bonded. When reigniting your relationship, the key is to shake things up consistently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist. Good luck!