Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnumpaYour feedback matters!
Yesterday I got my blood report in which thyroid tsh is 8.40. What does it mean. I am 2 months pregnant. Is it harmful for my baby? please suggest and which med should I get?
Had more than six to seven abortions. Is there any possibility to affect my health in future. Kindly answer me. I think I had problem in my health.
FOODS THAT REV UP YOUR LIBIDO AND WHY
Chocolate: You guessed it right! Chocolate is the most enjoyable of foods and needs no cooking! Chocolates contain methylxanthines that increase your sensitivity to touch and phenylethlamine increases the level of excitement that a person perceives. Dark chocolate is the best as it has high levels of cocoa. The dopamine levels get elevated in the body which gives a rush similar to the one after
Watermelon: This humble fruit has citruline that makes the blood vessels expand thus increasing the blood flow to the pelvic organs. Whip it into a juice or smoothie or enjoy it cut up. Other fruits to add to your diet when sex is on your mind are pomegranates, figs, tomatoes and apples. Another fruit which deserves mention is the banana. Not only is it phallic shaped, it is loaded with potassium and other minerals. Enriched with potassium and folic acid which kick start your stamina and energy levels, avocados are a must-try.
Spices: Garlic when cooked has aphrodisiac properties. Some studies also give a thumbs-up to cinnamon and nutmeg. Ginseng is popular in the Far East as a sex drive enhancer.
Olives: In ancient Greek civilizations, olives were used liberally as an aphrodisiac. Research corroborates that green olives are helpful to men while women get a sexual boost with the black variety.
Oysters: Apart from their distinctive shape resembling the female genitalia, oysters are choc-o-block with zinc that induces release of sex hormones. Clams and mussels also have a similar effect.
Honey: Apart from its medicinal properties in curing coughs, honey can also boost your sex drive. Have a spoonful daily and feel the difference.
Alcohol: Red wine and champagne are your best bets on date nights. But beware, indulging in too much alcohol may increase desire, but dampen performance.
Peppers and chillies: Want to spice up your sex life? Spice up your food first, suggests research conducted by various organizations. Green, yellow and red peppers can be added to your salad, pasta or vegetable dish while green chillies can be incorporated into soups and curries.
Almonds: Almonds are great for snacking as they are full of good fats, fibre and vitamin E and also work on your sagging libido in more than one way. Almond oil used as a part of aromatherapy is said to fire the female libido.
Caffeine: Caffeine in small amounts gives you a kick, extra energy or that zing which can definitely put you into the mood for foreplay and intercourse.
Omega 3 fatty acids: Salmon and other fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids increase the levels of serotonin which is the feel good hormone produced by the body that explains why it acts as an aphrodisiac.
FOODS THAT DAMPEN YOUR LIBIDO
These are also termed as anti-aphrodisiacs because they decrease your sex drive and performance considerably. Foods that come under this category are steaks with potatoes, a big helping of pasta with a creamy sauce and the like. If you have too many carbs, you feel sleepy after your dinner and snooze will take precedence over sex. Same applies for red meats like rich cuts of lamb, beef and organ meats. Your body spends so much energy digesting the heavy food that there is no energy for pleasure after such a meal.
I'm 5 months pregnant now i'm having brinjal curry once in a week is it safe does it cause anything wrong please suggest what vegetables &fruits should I take.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.
Mery shadi ko 5 years ho gaye he mery wife ke breast loose ho gaye he unko kaise tight kiya ja saqta he any oil suggest me.
I am a 26 yr old female /unmarried /i use to masturbat every day. I do it to relax myself and for quick fall asleep. I want to know is there any bad or harmful effect in my body. Or in getting pregnant will I face issues because of this?
I hv 21week pregnancy n I hv identical twins I want to know my expect date n wht type of complications in this pregnancy n wht type of precautions I should take.
I have sore breasts, nausea after eating, slight cramping, bloating, alot of pressure on stomach and a late period which is very deep in colour but very watery and thin.
I am 25 and she is 24 age old. I used have sex with my girl daily. Mostly 4 to 5 times per day. From the morning till night. We got married before 2 years. From the past 3 years. I cant stop my emotions on her. I cant control my emotions daily. I took only 2 pills in the past 3 yrs. Is this safe to have sex like dis daily. Please tell me about whether is it safe fr my future life. Past 3 years we r repeating the same. Is it safe. How to control those emotions.. Even I tried to control me more times but I cant. Always she has irregular periods only, From the past 3 years till now. I used to ejaculate outside only whenever we had sex till now. She has increased lack of body weight too. Give us some solutions to control my emotions on her and to get regular periods for her.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis &amp; Arteriosclerosis . Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease.
Hi, I have two girlfriends and we three want to have threesome sex, with kissing and licking each others penis, vagina and private parts. Also as far as I know, none of us have any std disease. So is there any chance of me getting aids or any other std disease?
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you:
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and is rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin B and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.