Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anuj Gupta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anuj GuptaYour feedback matters!
Acne is bothersome. It not just is painful, but can also ruin your looks. No matter what hairstyle you make or how much make-up you apply, acne on face will leave its mark all over to bring your confidence down.
It is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and women. It is characterized by red eruptions that are usually filled with oil, secreted by overactive oil glands in the hair follicles.
Causes of acne are:
- If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chance of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones, such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Cell phones gather all kinds of dirt and bacteria and are a big cause of acne on the chin and around the mouth. Wiping down the screen of your smartphones every day with alcohol or cleaning wipes will keep your phone and your face clean.
- Malfunctioning of hormones even after the age of puberty can lead to acne formation in both males and females.
- Food items rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. Dairy products could also worsen the condition.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root.
- Herbs like lodhra (symplocos racemosa), manjishtha (rubia cordifolia) and kushta (saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne.
- Turmeric (curcuma longa) and chandana (santalum album) are also effective in treating acne.
- The application of jaiphal (myristica fragrans) and khas-khas (vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results.
- Neem (azadirachta indica), guduchi (tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello Doctor, I am 46 years male, From last 10 days dark red blood is coming in the stool in the end of pooping. Please advise me what food to be avoided and consume, and what is the medication? Thanks in advance.
How to get fairer look that is free from pimple. Specially free from blackheads on my nose I am 16 years boy.
I am 18 years old and I have a major problems with my skin I can not use any fece cream, I use then many rashes comes out and I can not use any makeup kit also after that I have to use medicinal cream. please give me some suggestions.
I am suffering from skin disease circle like red colour in my body. Please suggest me medicine for it.
Since its inception, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has been used for healing wounded tissues. It has been majorly used as a remedy for connective tissue damage. Owing to recent advancements in medical research, PRP finds its application in hair restoration therapy.
PRP for hair restoration is a developing non-surgical technique to stimulate hair growth. This therapeutic process finds its vital use in fuelling hair growth in male and female suffering from hair loss. The entire concept of PRP revolves round the body's natural healing power. It amplifies the healing mechanism and enhances the density of hair.
Advantages of PRP:
- PRP enhances the growth of follicular hair cells.
- PRP upgrades the blood supply to scalp.
- The hair growth cycle is elevated.
- All the factors contributing to hair growth are supplied.
PRP is essentially an intense source of platelets. It consists of numerous growth factors which can promote the healing power of skin and scalp. When PRP is used along with hair transplant surgery, it enhances the growth rate of follicular hair grafts. If PRP is used to treat hair loss, it significantly minimizes the rate of hair fall.
The Procedure of PRP:
The complete PRP is a painful procedure despite, use of anaesthetic creams. Blood is drawn from the patient in an amount equal to that of taken during any blood test. The blood is rotated with a high frequency in a centrifuge to detach the PRP from the rest of the blood. Next, the PRP is concentrated to thrice the normal blood count by spinning it in a closed sterile system. The procedure makes PRP devoid of granulocyte, which otherwise hampers the cell regeneration system of the body. Finally, the PRP is infused into the scalp of the patient.
How effective is PRP?
PRP is completely safe and natural. It does not involve any kind of modification of cells. It just concentrates the growth factors in blood so as to promote the hair growth. No blood infection occurs during the process. Thus, it can be easily undertaken by anyone suffering from hair loss. However, it is completely a personal choice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growths. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the rays of the sun. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer :
1. Fair complexion
Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
2. Excessive sun exposure
Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
3. High-altitude places
The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
5. Precancerous skin lesions
Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
6. Weak immune system
Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer.