Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anuj Aggarwal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anuj AggarwalYour feedback matters!
When I sleeping in night, in my mouth the water comes automatically why sir. So please suggest me. Thanking you sir.
I am suffering from burning tongue problem for around 7 years. Usually it is not painful. But very rarely it is like 'I have taken boiled water's. But it will be OK after one or two days. Took medicine for some time. But it was not helpful to cure the same. Is anxiety is the cause of burning tongue? I so have high BP too for the last three years.
I am a 21 year old girl. I have the problem of mouth ulcers which is not very severe but occurs frequently. I have this problem since childhood and is hereditary from my grand mother (father's mother. Will there be any further complications. The only mode of treatment that I opted till today is of vitamin B complex. Shall I do any further check up?
I have problem in teeth, in teeth small small black patch are there, what can I do for solving in this problem.
Brushing is a daily routine of everyone’s life.Many among us do not know how to brush the teeth in correct manner.There are many aspects other than brushing alone which cannot be overlooked.
There are several methods and techniques which are recommended by the dentist for tooth brushing.Some of them are,
A. Charter method B. Bass method C. Stillman method D. Fones method.
These are meant for particular cases depending on his/her oral condition. Though these techniques are not meant for every individual there are certain common mistakes we must avoid while doing brushing. Today I will tell you the most common mistakes we make while brushing,
1) The wrong angle:
The angle of the brush should be 45 degree to the gum line for to have greater efficiency in cleaning. This angle ensures the safe brushing without wearing of tooth and injuries to gums.This is the first step.
Second step is moving the brush on vertical (upside down/downside upward) cleans the food debris between the two teeth. Horizontal rubbing to the front surface of tooth leads to faster tooth loss and less efficient cleaning.Repeat the same direction from both the surfaces of all the teeth.
2)The time spent on brushing:
Ideal time for to spend on brushing is 3 to 7 minutes. In less than 3 minutes the hard plaque( food debris) doesn’t get soften enough to get removed by brush. Tooth paste have softening agent in it which requires at least 3 minutes to act on the food ruminants inside our mouth.
3)The Wrong Consistency Of Brush:
Have you ever looked for the consistencies while buying your tooth brush? Hard,Medium,Soft,Ultra soft. These are written on the tooth brush.Depending on your gum and teeth condition your dentist will advise you to use appropriate consistency. Using wrong consistency can injure your gums and teeth.Too hard brush will damage your gums and too soft will not do efficient cleaning.
4)Using same brush for months:
Do not get too attached to your tooth brush, change it periodically. If your tooth brush gets worn before two to 3 months it means you are too hard on your teeth. Change your brush every 3 to 4 months. If you follow the ideal protocol and correct brushing technique your brush should last for 3 months.
5)Not Cleaning your tongue :
Tongue cleaning is the last but one of the important part of your oral hygiene maintenance.
You can clean your tongue either by brush by giving soft strokes on the tongue or you can buy the tongue cleaner available in the market.Being a soft and rough texture it becomes good habitat for the bacteria.
Blood is coming from my mouth from last 3 Year whenever I brush, suggest me what to do nd any medicine if exists.
I have yellow teeth and what can I get a chance to win the game is to be a good time to nathi gamatu mari jade vat karavi y the same time nathi k tame na Imo the best thing you should have the best?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.