Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is 1.6 years old and have one week of fever. Our local Dr. prescribed the medicines like calpol 120/5 mg and and anti biotic but the fever persist so moved to our pediatrics he prescribed to test the blood count and the result everything is normal and wbc is increased to 11600. And given medicine mefenamic acid for fever. I started the course today night. My question is what is my baby problem. How long it take to cure. Suppose the fever does not cure what will be the next thing that I have to do.
My son is 6years old. His weight is 23 KGS. And height is 4ft. But is very thin as if he is very weak. Wants to lie down always I have to force him to eat 3 meals and fruits. But with lots and lots of pressure. He has adenoids. He is been treated for the same. Please help.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is 2.5 months old he is doing potty after 3 or 4 days when I use spojetri. Is there any problems?
Is it ok to make my 13 months old son drink farm milk. Till today we used dexolac formula. Give suggestion.
My ten month old baby girl was prescribed with colizyme drops in Bangalore and now I am in my mom's home Coimbatore, tn. The medicine is not available here, can you please suggest equivalent medicine to this which will be available her.
My daughter has just completed 7 years n last 2 weeks she is complaining while bathing that her nipples r paining even I can observe that her breast portion is growing. In this case what should I do?
I have a baby son with 1 year 4 month of age. Now i am 4 month pregnant. Is there any problem to breast feeding to my son.
My boy is 2.6 years weight is 11.0 kg last 8 months fever coming blood test and xray normal t.b also tested no result hot water taken every month used 30 ml anti boitc cold and cough syrup used I am feeling sir, please tell me any suggestion give me sir.
Halo sir mera beta , age 13 years .bohat slow hai bohat shy hai .ankh Mila ke baat nahi Kar sakta or darke baat karta hai or confidence nahi hai or kisi jaldi mixup nahi hota .kyu usko kisi doctor ko dikhana chahida? Please help me mujhe samajh nahi aa raja kya karna chahie?
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.