Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anshu SharmaYour feedback matters!
People who had most of their daily exposure to even moderately bright light in the morning had a significantly lower body mass index than those who had most of their light exposure later in the day.
"The earlier this light exposure occurred during the day, the lower individuals’ body mass index," said co–lead author Kathryn Reid, research associate professor of neurology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. "The later the hour of moderately bright light exposure, the higher a person’s BMI."
The influence of morning light exposure on body weight was independent of an individual’s physical activity level, caloric intake, sleep timing, age or season. It accounted for about 20 percent of a person’s BMI.
"Light is the most potent agent to synchronize your internal body clock that regulates circadian rhythms, which in turn also regulate energy balance," said study senior author Phyllis C. Zee, M.D. "The message is that you should get more bright light between 8 a.m. and noon." About 20 to 30 minutes of morning light is enough to affect BMI.
Sometimes I feel like itching near vaginal area and that is vigorous. So need to know the reasons or the precaution I can take and even I got scratches due to that itching strokes I get. Need help.
Sir I have a little doubt first time when I have a sex with my girlfriend she didn't get bleeding. And my question is whether she loosen her virginity before or not because bleeding is not a problem for me while inserts my pennies in her Virginia it's going very easily and it's very loose so that only I have little doubt on this case kindly suggest me in this situation. My problem is not about bleeding why her Virginia is very loose.
My husband was taking isotroin tablets before 9 months I.e before September. He stopped by September. We got married before six months, I.e in the month of March. Does this effect of tablet is stopping my pregnancy. If yes, is there any solution or medicine to be given to him . I'm worrying about my pregnancy getting delayed.Please tell.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) has brought a lot of happiness to thousands of couples around the world. It has made the life of people who are looking to have a baby, but who are not able to conceive, a lot easier. That being said, there are some very crucial questions which need to be asked when a couple is taking into due account the possibility of going for IVF treatment.
Is it right for you?
When it comes to having a baby, couples should considergoing for IVF treatment, only if all other possible solutions have not panned out to render a beneficial result. Similarly, IVF treatment should be opted for after all other options on the table have been thoroughly reviewed to judge how effective they might be. Problems like a low sperm count can usually be remedied in other ways. The reason for this is that while it is true that IVF is, on the whole, a very safe process, the reason for caution of its use is due to the fact that among all the options available, it is surely the most invasive of the lot.
There are great chances of success when it comes to getting pregnant by making use of fertility medicine, clearing fallopian tubes which are blocked by undergoing a surgical procedure, etc. Another viable solution, depending on the case happens to be intrauterine insemination. With all these options, it can be said to be a little imprudent for a person to rush to register for IVF treatment.
While going through the IVF treatment cycle and hoping for a positive result,do not forget to think about what you are going to do if you have any embryos left over. This is referred to as ‘spare’embryos in the case of a successful current cycle. You may have to decide how many embryos to freeze. For many women, this leads to an ethical dilemma which can be tough to get through. To be able to avoid this, it is important for women to take their time and decide what is to be done with the spare embryos.
A woman who plans to go for IVF should also bear in mind that the entire process, which takes weeks, can be quite stressful, to say the least. She should be ready for it. This means that her physical state as well as her mental makeup should be conducive to the rough ride that IVF promises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 25. I have acidity problem, stomach clearing problem, irregular period and I am fat too. I always feel too hungry also. Suggest me something that reduce my hunger and I also want to lose my weight. So suggest something.
With the rampant surge of natural wellness mantras and heightened worldwide obsession with coconut oil, oil pulling is now trending like never before. Social media confessions by famous celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Miranda Kerr, Shailene Woodley, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen swear by the benefits of oil pulling from whiter teeth to healthier gums.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy involving the act of swishing oil (usually organic Cold Pressed Sesame, Sunflower or Coconut) in the mouth for up to 20 minutes in empty stomach to remove oil soluble toxins from the body. Oil pulling is definitely an inexpensive and safe practice with a plethora of anecdotal support including help with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems and more. It is suitable for every age group including pregnant and nursing women. Children old enough to spit can safely try oil pulling.
Step by step Guide
Put 1-2 teaspoons of oil into the mouth. The oil traditionally used in oil pulling is organic sesame, coconut or sunflower oil. It is also possible to do oil pulling with pre-made coconut oil chews. Oil pulling is best done in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, though it can be done before meals if needed.
Swish for 20 minutes. Apparently the timing is key, according to Dr. Bruce Fife, author of Oil Pulling Therapy, as this is long enough to break through plaque and bacteria but not long enough that the body starts re-absorbing the toxins and bacteria. The oil will get thicker and milky as it mixed with saliva during this time and it should be creamy-white when spit out. It will also double in volume during this time due to saliva. At first, it can be difficult to make it the full 20 minutes. Feel free to spit it out and start again but stick to the total desired duration.
Spit oil into the trash can/supplement container. Do not spit in sink, toilet or shower area as the oil may thicken and clog pipes. Do not swallow the oil as it is presumably full of bacteria, toxins, dead skin and/or pus.
Rinse well with warm water. Warm saline water seems to clean the mouth better to remove any remaining oil out of the mouth followed by regular brushing.
Oil pulling is known for its ability to eradicate bad breath and reduce plaque in the mouth because of its ability to help wipe out harmful bacteria like streptococcus mutans. Lauric acid present in coconut oil specifically works against this bacteria.
It reduces tooth decay by reducing the microbial count. Some reports even claim that it aids in remineralizing of teeth but lack sufficient evidence. Teeth sensitivity is reduced if oil pulling is done on a regular basis.
The oil possesses natural antibiotic and antiviral properties that brighten and cleans teeth, enhancing your smile with whiter teeth. Do not expect a drastic change in tooth color as achieved with professional whitening systems.
Possible holistic treatment for TMJ and general soreness of jaw by providing temporary relief from symptoms.
It is very effective in treating acute gingivitis by reducing swelling and bleeding from gums.
Oil pulling ritual results in super smooth and clean teeth, moistens lip and cheek and soothes dry throat.
It has an overall effect of strengthening teeth, gums and jaw.
1. Boosts Immune System: Oil pulling generates antioxidants which damage the cell wall of microorganisms and kill them thereby removing the noxious culprits without stressing our immune system. We eventually feel more energetic with better clarity of mind.
2. Detoxes and Purify Body: Oil pulling activates salivary enzymes which absorb chemical, bacterial and environmental toxins from the blood and remove them from the body through the tongue. It is claimed to improve longevity of human beings.
3. Maintains Hormonal Balance: Without having to compete with foreign substances, hormonal balance is intact and they function to the best of their ability.
4. Reduces Headache: When the body is under toxic stress, headaches and migraines are a common byproduct which can be avoided by eliminating harmful micro-organisms from the body via oil pulling. It also helps in reducing hangover after alcohol consumption.
5. Clean and Clear Skin: Oil pulling drastically reduces rashes, acne and other skin problems by removing toxins from the body that would otherwise enter into the bloodstream. It aids in reduction of eczema.
When you start oil pulling, it will be extremely difficult to pull the oil against your teeth for even few minutes. It is common to feel nauseatic or even have stomach upset for the initial few days. It is natural to build it up over time with practice and experience some of the positive effects immediately, or over a period of time. Oil pulling can be safely used as an adjunct to daily oral hygiene habits to improve overall health of the mouth/body and is definitely not a substitute for regular brushing/flossing.
Do let us know about your own experience!
Hi team, my wife's 23 weeks pregnant. She is suffering from Typhoid. Antigen: 1:320 H. Could you please suggest any antibiotics injection for her? She is taking Taxim o 200 mg, becosules 10 d.However she is feeling pain in legs.
Me and my girlfriend had sex twice in one night, after the first sex I didn't clean my genitals and within 30-60 minutes had unprotected sex for the second time. Both the times I ejaculated outside. She was on her last day of period. Are there any chances of her getting pregnant due to uncleaned genitals of mine?
I m 25 year old female my uterus shows two live embryos are 7 weeks. Llying in separate sac. But a Cystic mass measuring 52.1mm?38.7mm seen in right adenexa please Tell me right advice. Kiya delivery ke saath ye cystic mass ko operation kar ke bina kisi loss ke bhar nikal sakta h.
I am 22. And from last year I was having problem in my periods. Shortly I was diagnosed with pcos. M not able to understand what it is. Does it mean I will not get pregnant evr. As my ultrasound suggest that I have follicles in my left ovary where as my right overy does not have any follicles or cysts or anything. It is just little bit expand. So does it mean my right ovary is producing egg n left is not. Pls help me with this. M really not understanding n its making me frustrated. Pls help.
I have bilateral tubal block. Now I want pregnancy then what are the remedies. Please help me Now I am using some tab. Which was given by my doctor, is it can be solved by using tab or anything else.
Sir sometimes I do anal sex with my gf. If sperm enters into ass anything will happen? Any chances of pregnancy?
Hi doctor, I had sex with a call girl and at point of time she was more excited and pressed her boobs and some amount of milk sprinkled on my mouth and now I'm Worried about HIV virus how to get about it please help me.
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I' m 46 yrs old and having problem of descharge from vagina. No foul smell. N I' ve not for period from past 3 months acidity also.
I got first time sex, and pre cum goes to my vagina, sir Can I got pregnant with pre cum please help me.
In a normal pregnancy, the baby develops with its head pointed down, and the head is usually the part which comes out first during normal delivery. However, in many cases, the baby could have its legs, feet, or buttocks pointing to the cervix. In a majority of cases, the baby may have this position, but rotates to have its head pointing down before the third trimester. However, this may not happen, and this is referred to as breech.
In a lot of cases, the doctor would try to move the baby’s head downwards usually around the 37th week, and this is referred to as external cephalic version (ECV) or even as version. The process is done externally by manipulation and hence the name external. It is done before labor and may allow for a vaginal birth. In very rare cases, it may be done during labor, but before the amniotic sac has ruptured. As a backup, there should be a provision for the patient to undergo C-section, if ECV is not successful.
- Single pregnancy, into 36 weeks of pregnancy, with no complications, and preferably not the first pregnancy
- No engagement of the fetus (any part) in the uterus
- Adequate amniotic fluid, which will provide a good environment to move the baby with minimal injury
- Suspected/known birth defects
- Multiple pregnancies (twins/triplets)
- Ruptured amniotic sac
- Fetus with a hyperextended neck
- Mother’s health is not optimal and is on cardiac medications
- Condition that mandates a cesarean section (placental separation from the uterus, placenta covering the cervix, etc.)
The fetal position is first estimated using an ultrasound. The position of the placenta and the amount of amniotic fluid are also closely monitored. Under constant monitoring, the uterus is relaxed through medications. With one hand on the fetal head and another on the buttocks, the doctor tries to rotate the fetus. Depending on how much pressure the mother is able to tolerate and how flexible the uterus is, version may be successful (success rate is about 60%).
A second attempt under epidural anesthesia may be done, if the first one did not succeed. However, the chances of success with subsequent attempts is very doubtful. The fetus is constantly monitored through ultrasound and fetal heart rate monitoring. A fetus is considered healthy if the heart rate moves up during this procedure. However, if the heart rate seems abnormally high, the procedure would be abandoned.
After the procedure, the mother and the fetus would be monitored for a while before being sent home. As the fetus is constantly monitored throughout pregnancy, the doctor would be able to tell if this procedure is required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.