Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I tested my eyes for driving license from a eye hospital. They said checked and said I have 6/9 vision in both eyes. What can I do for getting 6/6 vision.
I am a 54 years old male. I have a lazy eye. The good eye is also becoming weaker now. Is there a way to restore vision and bring vision to the lazy eye?
I can't read small letters on labels. I am 44. Any exercise available to reduce eye strain and get back normal vision?
Can you suggest some medicine or eye drop for increase vision of eye because I didn't want to wear spectacles.
Sir/Ma'am, which technology and machine is best suitable for LASIK surgery? Wat are the after effects of LASIK surgery on eyes? Is it really a safe option to go for permanent improvement of vision? My eye sight is -3.5 in right and -2.75 in left eye. Will LASIK make the vision 6/6? Please ans these queries.
I am felling very tired and having sleepy eyes. How can I basically get rid of sleepiness and sleepy eyes.
I am not getting sleep properly since 1 month and my eyes are became very tired. What is the problem I had and how to overcome it?
There are a number of eye conditions that make the use of glasses and eye lenses mandatory for a more comfortable life where your vision is as normal as is medically possible. Poor eyesight and conditions like inward eyelids and others can lead to the prescription of contact lenses and glasses. Contact lenses are delicate optical tools that glide easily over your eyes and need a lot of care. One should also know how to wear them properly. If one does not wear and care for the contact lenses properly, it may lead to a variety of complications.
Read on to know how you can take better care of your contact lenses:
- Cleanliness: To begin with, keeping the lenses clean is of utmost importance. Since these lenses will go on to the eye and remain there for most part of the day, it is imperative that they should be clean so that no dirt comes to settle on the eye to cause complications and even possible infections in the long run. While the disposable soft contact lenses do not need a whole lot of care as they can be disposed as and when the wearer needs a new pair, the soft lenses are the ones that need regular care so as to avoid vision affecting problems in the long run.
- Clean Hands: Before you handle the contact lenses, you must wash and clean your hands thoroughly with a non cosmetic soap that is free of additives like fragrances and artificial perfumes, oils and other lotions. These may get transferred to the lens which will leave you with blurry vision. Dry your hands properly using a lint free towel.
- Makeup: If you have to wear makeup, we would suggest doing so after you have safely installed the contact lenses in your eyes. Also, you must remember to remove your lenses before you begin the makeup removal procedure. This is to be done so that you do not get any makeup on to the delicate surface of the lens.
- Disinfecting Solution: When you buy your contact lenses, you will also get a disinfecting solution as well as a set of instructions for taking care of your lenses. So ensure that you use the correct disinfecting solution, eye drops as well as the prescribed enzymatic cleaners to keep your lenses clean and free of germs with a light rubbing action. Let the lenses stand in this solution at night too so that the germs cannot travel to the surface.
Never use tap water or your mouth to clean these lenses as the microorganisms found even in distilled water can latch on to the surface.
I have itchy eye and whenever I usually touch my eyes it get red So, I want to know is there any problem in my eyes. Thank you.
My eyes are paining daily and below my eyes black spots are appearing near my eyes could you give me preventive measures.
I use my mobile from a short distance for 6-7 hours in a day. I also use it in the night for watching movie with a lesser brightness. Can this cause any vision problem for me in future?
Is using contact lens safe for eyes? Does little careless in while using lens leads to huge problems?
I have not been able to seeing the view conveniently in the screen of phone or television if the view is some brighter for some months. I use my phone on night screen even on day time. I can see everything clearer but after few minutes my eyes starts paining n tears comes out. please help me to get through this.
My eyesight is somewhat weak means I am unable to visit the object clearly which is placed far away from me. I have to use specs of -1.5. How to increase my eye tightness so that I don't have to use specs anymore?
I m 19 year old male. I have a problem in my eye last 2 weeks. There is a itching problem in my while working on laptop. And it increasing day by day. Nd I use contact lenses 4 my eye. I m a myopic.
How am I protect my eye and what can I do for our glasses will remove. And want good tips for weight losses so pls help me.
There is a marked difference between having big eyes and eyes that bulge abnormally. This abnormality should not be confused with having large eyes. Bulging eyes can be defined as eyes where the white of the eyes is visible above the cornea (circular black portion of the eye). Medically, this is referred to as Proptosis or Exophthalmos.
Eyes protrude from the eye sockets if there is a swelling of muscles, fat or tissue behind the eyes. This is dangerous because it exposes the cornea and makes it difficult for the eyes to stay moist and lubricated. In extreme cases, it can also put the optic nerve under pressure and lead to potential vision loss. This is especially serious if noticed only in one eye.
An overactive thyroid gland is one of the most common triggers for bulging eyes. Another common cause for bulging eyes is Graves disease. Graves disease is an autoimmune condition that makes the thyroid gland release cells and antibodies that fuse the eye muscles. This can directly trigger the condition by inflaming the tissue around the eye or indirectly trigger the condition as it also causes hyperthyroidism.
Other causes for this condition are:
- Any injury that causes bleeding behind the eye
- Vascular Disorders : A build up of blood vessels in the skin or inside the orbit
- Neuroblastoma or nerve cancer
Seeing the white of the eye above the cornea is the most obvious symptom of bulging eyes. Excessive dryness, pain and redness of the eyes are other symptoms of this condition. The patient may also find it difficult to close their eyes completely and have difficulty with eye movements. A doctor may use further blood test and imaging tests to confirm a diagnosis.
Treatment for bulging eyes depends on the condition triggering it. Usual forms of treatment include:
- Eye drops or artificial tears
- Wearing sunglasses
- Chemotherapy or radiation to treat tumors
- Surgery to repair damaged blood vessels
In cases where eyes bulge because of Graves disease, the below forms of treatment may also be used:
- Beta blockers
- Anti-thyroid medications
- Removal of the thyroid gland
- Replacement hormones
- Radiation to lower the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Orbital decompression surgery where one or more eye socket walls is removed
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.