Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ankita SethiYour feedback matters!
Hello I have taken 3pills in a month after my intercourse nw I got my dates bt the flow is very little is there any chance of getting pregnant or it is just a side effect of tablet please rply.
I am a 37 year 26 week pregnant lady 88 kg weight diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Kindly suggest me a diet plan and exercise regime to cope with it.
Dr. Meri beti 25 years ki h aur first time pregnant h uska 34wa week chal rha 2 din se bahut thoda thoda bleeding ho rha ultrasound k report me aaya h ki bacche k neck me nal fas gya h.pr baccha phle ki tarah hi movement kr rha h aisa kaise ho gya aur kya ye dwa se thik ho jata h.
Me and my wife we are participated in sex without protection on 13 th day after she's period. There is any possibility to get pregnancy? Now we are not plan for children. What are safest days to participate in sex without condom and ipils.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
I am 25 years old lady, I hv suffering pain on both breast, but more in right breast. Feeling big lumps on it but not sure. That what is it? So what should I do? Please suggest me.
If once get intimated and penetrated inside .i took I pill on the third day. But again I got intimate next day after taking tablet. and getting penetrate inside. So should I take tablet again or not?
Hi, Mjhe periods proper nahi note. Aate time per hai. Aj mere first day hai but only dropping while urine pass out.
So explain this Harvard study “A study at Harvard found that women who ate two or more servings of low-fat or non-fat dairy per day, like skim milk or yogurt, had 85% higher risk of infertility than those that ate full-fat dairy products.” Low fat milk process from same research “Let us get rid of one fallacy which is that skim milk is actually milk that has had the cream skimmed off the top. That actually sounds logical but it is not how is done, at least not in this modern world. That process would not remove all the cream so what is done in modern processing is the milk is spun around with centrifuges, eventually completely separating the cream (fat) and milk. It is first clarified, then separated, then pasteurized (or ultra-pasteurized), and then finally homogenized. This over-processing has now removed every healthy vitamin, living enzyme, and natural mineral. Welcome to your now-dead beverage……Skim milk will not support life. So by removing the cream you have essentially turned the milk into something completely useless, especially the pasteurized variety as you have not only removed the healthy fat but you have also as stated removed the living nutrients.” So doctors are recommending one solution for weight gain and letting people to multiple major problems infertility, natural strength.
HI my name is renuka. My marriage life has completed 2 and half years. My husband smokes and drinks a lot. In a day he smokes at least 5 cigarettes .he has sex feeling very low. I dnt knw what is the reason .also he is over weight. Still I did not get pregnancy .he does not come to me if I go also he does not respond anything. May I know what would be the reason for this .
hello sir, I have a question and its haunting me. I have had unprotected sex last night n I am pretty much sure that I had ejaculated at the right time. But its haunting us both what if some thing gets wrong. Her periods is near (3 days left). My question is 1. Can I give her i-pill (with in 72 hrs) to get secure?. What should I do if something gets wrong I mean if she misses her period. We can not tell this to anybody. We r pretty tensed. Please help.is there any chance of pregnancy.
A certain psychiatric condition, which causes a person to be functionally impaired in social and occupational settings is known as Impulse Control Disorder. Most of you are granted with the ability to think before you act but it isn't the case for people suffering with such a condition. People diagnosed with this condition are not able to withstand the urge to do something detrimental to themselves or other people.
This condition is similar to other disorders such as kleptomania, compulsive gambling and pyromania to name a few. Although people suffering from this disorder do not plan their acts, the acts they do perform generally fulfill their conscious wishes. Other disorders of such similar nature like Kleptomania and ADHD (Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder), which are associated with difficulty in controlling impulses but that is not their chief feature. Patients of impulse control disorder find it highly distressful and are hence often seen to lose control of their actions and consequently their lives.
What causes this disorder?
Some medical practitioners are of the opinion that this disorder is a subgroup of other conditions, such as stress, anxiety, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and etc. Scientists and researchers are not particularly sure what causes this condition but have determined that it can be caused due to a combination of physiological, emotional and psychological factors pertaining to cultural and societal aspects. Also, certain brain structures linked to emotions and memory functions in and around the frontal lobe are linked to planning functions and impulses.
Some studies show that certain hormones such as testosterone which are associated with aggression and violence may also play a role in forming such disorder. Aggressive and violent behaviors are apparent in people suffering from this disorder. Certain studies have shown a connection between certain forms of seizure disorders and aggressive impulsive behaviors.
People with such disorders are also more likely to contract addiction and mood disorders. Antidepressants are usually prescribed in treating such disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
"अस्थमा फेफड़ों में वायुमार्ग से जुड़ी एक चिरकारी बीमारी है। इन वायुमार्गों, या ब्रोन्कियल ट्यूबों के माध्यम से, हवा फेफड़ों के अंदर और बाहर जाती है। यदि आपको अस्थमा है तो आपके वायुमार्ग हमेशा सूजे हुए होते हैं। जब कुछ आपके लक्षणों को ट्रिगर करता है, तो सूजन बढ़ जाती है, और वायुमार्ग के चारों ओर मांसपेशियों के कसने का कारण बनती है। इससे आपको साँस लेने में कठिनाई होती है, और खांसी, घरघराहट, सांस की तकलीफ़ और सीने में जकड़न जैसे लक्षणों का कारण बनता है। अस्थमा का दौरा जीवन को खतरा पैदा कर सकता है, यदि फेफड़ों में वायु प्रवाह गंभीर रूप से अवरुद्ध हो जाता है।
अस्थमा के लक्षण एक एलर्जी पैदा करने वाला तत्व (जैसे कि रैग्वीड, पराग, पशु के बालों की रूसी या धूल के कण) के संपर्क में, हवा में परेशानियों (जैसे धुएं, रासायनिक धुएं या मजबूत दुर्गन्ध) या चरम मौसम की स्थिति से शुरू हो सकते हैं। व्यायाम, सांस की बीमारी, या फ्लू भी आपको अधिक संवेदी बना सकते हैं।
अस्थमा का प्रबंधन कैसे करें?
अस्थमा का कोई इलाज नहीं है। इसलिए इसके उपचार में, आमतौर पर आपके ट्रिगर्स को पहचानना, उनसे बचने के लिए कदम उठाना, और अपने श्वास को ट्रैक करना यह सुनिश्चित करने के लिए कि आपकी दैनिक अस्थमा दवाएं आपके लक्षणों को नियंत्रण में रख रही हैं, शामिल हैं।
अस्थमा को अच्छी तरह से प्रबंधित करने के लिए दवाएं आवश्यक हैं। अस्थमा की अच्छी देखभाल में अन्य स्वास्थ्य स्थितियों के लिए भी उपचार शामिल है जो अस्थमा को प्रभावित कर सकती हैं। एक स्वस्थ जीवनशैली, अस्थमा के लोगों को अपने लक्षणों को नियंत्रित करने में मदद करती है।
अस्थमा के उपचार के मुख्य उद्देश्य निम्नलिखित हैं:
- लक्षण नियंत्रण में रखना
- 'हमलों' को रोकने
- फेफड़ों को यथासंभव स्वस्थ रखना
- अपने काम या दैनिक दिनचर्या के साथ दखल से अस्थमा को रोकना
- एक पूर्ण और सक्रिय जीवन का आनंद लेने में आपकी सहायता
अस्थमा का उपचार
अस्थमा के उपचार में दो प्रकार की दवाएं शामिल हैं- त्वरित राहत दवाएं और दीर्घकालिक नियंत्रण दवाएं।
आम तौर पर दैनिक लिया जाता है, ये दवाइयां आपके वायुमार्ग में सूजन को कम करती हैं जो आपके लक्षणों का कारण बनती हैं। ये दवाएं अस्थमा को दिन-प्रतिदिन के आधार पर नियंत्रण में रखती हैं और अस्थमा का दौरा पड़ने की संभावना कम करती हैं।
दीर्घकालिक नियंत्रण दवाओं के प्रकार में शामिल हैं:
1. इन्हेल्ड कोर्टिकॉस्टिरॉइड
2. एंटिइलुकोट्रियेंस या ल्यूकोट्रिने संशोधक
3. क्रॉमोलिन सोडियम
4. लंबे समय से अभिनय करने वाली इन्हेल्ड बीटा 2-एगोनिस्ट
6. इम्युनो- माड्युलेटर्स
त्वरित राहत दवाएं:
त्वरित राहत दवाओं को तत्काल राहत के लिये, लक्षणों के पहले संकेत पर लिया जाता है। त्वरित राहत दवाओं के प्रकार में शामिल हैं:
1. शॉर्ट-अभिनय बीटा एगोनिस्ट्स
दोनों प्रकार की दवाएं ब्रोन्कोडायलेटर्स हैं। यदि आपको अस्थमा का दौरा पड़ता है, तो एक त्वरित राहत इंहेलर तुरंत आपके लक्षणों को कम कर सकता है। वे फेफड़ों से बलगम को साफ करने में भी मदद करते हैं।
यदि आपके पास व्यायाम प्रेरित ब्रोन्कोकन्सट्रिक्शन (ई.आई.बी) है, जिसे व्यायाम-प्रेरित अस्थमा के नाम से भी जाना जाता है, तो आपका एलर्जिस्ट सुझा सकता है कि व्यायाम से पहले इन दवाओं का उपयोग करें।
त्वरित राहत वाली दवाएं अस्थमा के लक्षणों को रोक सकती हैं, लेकिन वे लक्षणों का कारण बनने वाले वायुमार्ग की सूजन को नियंत्रित नहीं करती हैं। अगर आपको लगता है कि आपको अस्थमा के लक्षणों के इलाज के लिए सप्ताह में दो बार से ज्यादा त्वरित-राहत दवा की ज़रूरत होती है, तो आपका अस्थमा अच्छी तरह नियंत्रित नहीं है।
एलर्जी का उपचार
यदि आपका अस्थमा एलर्जी के कारण ट्रिगर होता है या खराब होता है, तो एलर्जी दवाएं मदद कर सकती हैं।
इसमें शामिल है:
एलर्जी शॉट्स (इम्यूनोथेरेपी): एलर्जी शॉट्स एलर्जी के लक्षणों से मुक्त होने में बहुत प्रभावी हैं और कुछ मामलों में वास्तव में आपकी एलर्जी का इलाज कर सकते हैं। आप आमतौर पर कुछ महीनों के लिए सप्ताह में एक बार, फिर तीन से पांच साल की अवधि के लिए महीने में एक बार यह शॉट्स प्राप्त करते हैं।
ओमालिज़ुम्ब: यह दवा, इंजेक्शन के रूप में दी जाती है हर दो से चार सप्ताह में। यह विशेष रूप से उन लोगों के लिए होती है जिनके एलर्जी और गंभीर अस्थमा हैं। यह प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को बदलकर कार्य करती है। "
Hi, I have been trying to have sex with my wife, the problem is the I try to touch her inner part of vagina even with my finger ,she feels intense pain, I haven't been able to insert my penis either. Only I'm able to insert my tongue to some extent.
I am 24 years old female and I am not getting my periods of this month, its been 20 days more than my due date. I have checked my pregnancy test two times and its negative. I do not think that I am pregnant but my date is not coming, I do not know what to do please help.
I took abortion pill, today it is 26 days, I have heavy bleeding sometimes, yesterday also, so I asked then they told that some particles remain inside, do pelvic ultrasound, is there any others procedure to clear those particles as without going to hospital, actually I feel shy please help.
As it is rightly said ‘Nutrition starts at Conception’. Diet plays a vital role in physical and mental development of the child right from the conception. An expectant mother must make sure to follow the right diet.
There is much hyped misconception about following healthy dietary habits during pregnancy for benefit of her little one, but that’s untrue. If a to be mother manages to follow a good and nutritionally adequate diet, it will in fact help her as well to achieve healthy weight gain, comfortable child birth and most importantly helping her body to prepare for post-delivery weight loss. A physically and mentally fit mother makes a happy and active child.
By following a healthy and balanced diet throughout her 9 months and 9 days of pregnancy will immensely benefit her unborn. Inclusion of foods from all the food groups will be an added benefit. The following content will help an expectant mother to make wise choices during her pregnancy, making sure she remains healthy throughout.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates form nearly 55 to 60% of total calorie consumption in Indian diets. They are majorly divided into two types i.e. Simple and Complex variants. A child bearer should opt for the complex carbohydrates in form of wholegrains like whole wheat, bajra, sorghum (jowar), finger millet (ragi / nachni), oats, etc. in her diet as they have higher fiber content with preserved vitamins and minerals. Simple carbohydrates majorly include more of refined products (maida, packaged foods), which should be used in limits or avoided throughout the pregnancy phase, as they do not provide any nourishment.
- Proteins: Proteins are said to be the building blocks of the body, involved in steady metabolism and repair of the damaged tissues, making them an integral part of mother’s and baby’s nourishment. Consuming protein rich foods like eggs, low fat dairy, pulses, yogurts, soy and its products at least 3 to 4 times a day, helps optimise the recommended daily allowance (RDA) intake of protein per day. Vegetarian mothers have to be more careful and be innovative to make sure that their protein consumption is not compromised.
- Fats: Fats play an important role in transporting Fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K to liver. Fat intake should not be completely discouraged during pregnancy, since it is a concentrated form of energy and is actively involved in hormone making mechanism in the body. Fat intake is important, but within prescribed limits and there should be insistence on inclusion of good fats. Keeping diet restricted in bakery products, fried foods and junk foods will massively help in preventing inappropriate weight gain and also reducing the possibility of potential risk factors during & post pregnancy. Omega 3 fats present in walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, spinach should be taken as it tremendously helps in mental development of the growing baby.
Macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins and fats) intake through daily allowance will make sure an expectant mum gets her required nutrition. However, nutrients like Iron, calcium, folic acid, B complex vitamins also play a vital role in maintenance of healthy pregnancy. Daily allowance should be met by consuming green leafy vegetables, nuts, fresh fruits, etc.
Apart from getting daily calories allowance, it is equally important to stay hydrated. Water aids digestion, which helps to keep constipation at bay and also helps in maintaining optimal levels of amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac.
Expectant mother should divide her meals in small and frequent portions to combat acidity, bloating which are most common troubles associated with pregnancy. She should highly be motivated to be physically active and get adequate rest as well.
A special attention should be given to keep salt and sugar intake to minimal, as they contribute to unnecessary weight gain and bloating. They are also known to delay the labour process.
Conclusion / Bottom line
Maternal Nutrition plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy and blissful pregnancy. It is highly recommended to seek nutrition advice from a nutrition expert preferably before planning a child as a healthy diet will help in conception as well as during & post pregnancy.