Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ankit GoyalYour feedback matters!
I got muscular pain below knee while running. Particularly when regular. But not while I run after rest of a day or more. What it's reason and how it will be prevented.
Lower back pain at some point in time or the other has almost become inevitable in today’s world, especially because of the increasingly sedentary lifestyle that many tend to lead. Acupuncture, borrowed from the ancient domains of Chinese medicine, is often recommended by doctors as one of the foremost remedies to lower back pain.
Acupuncture requires insertion of thin sterilized needles at particular points of the body. The body has over 2000 pressure points which are connected by meridians or pathways, generating an energy flow known as ‘Qi’.
Triggering these points helps to correct and improve the energy flow, which in turn boosts overall health and helps alleviate pain. On using this therapy, the central nervous system stimulates the release of chemicals into the brain, spinal cord and muscles. These chemicals either produce bodily changes or alter one’s experience of pain to promote healing a feeling of well-being.
How acupuncture works by:
1. Accelerating the relay of the electromagnetic signals which initiate the flow of endorphins (hormones secreted by the brain) which have analgesic effects on the body.
2. Stimulating the release of a chemical in the brain, known as natural opioids, which ease the pain and induce sleep.
3. Modifying the brain chemistry by altering the release of neurohormones (hormones secreted by a group of nerve cells) and neurotransmitters (chemical messengers that relay messages within the body, from one neuron to another, known as the ‘target’ neuron, to muscle or a gland cell). Neuro-hormones affect the activity of the concerned organ or the tissue while neurotransmitters dampen the nerve impulses.
Side effects of Acupuncture:
1. If the acupuncture is carried out by a trained and an experienced acupuncturist, it is usually considered safe.
2. Adverse side-effects include ruptured organs or infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
The symptoms caused due to herniated disc can be very severe and can also cause a bit of disability. The disc of the spine is like a cushion and separates the set of bones on the backside. The discs are shock absorbers of the spine and are mainly composed of 2 parts, a soft jelly centre called the nucleus and a tough outer covering called the annulus.
Effects of Herniated Disk
A herniated or cracked disc is a severe condition and it seems to happen most commonly in the lower back. It happens when a fraction of the soft centre gets pushed through the destabilized area due to degeneration, trauma or by putting pressure on the spinal cord.
Nerves are located precisely at the back of every disc and are responsible for controlling everything in our body. While a disc gets herniated, the external covering of the disc tears and creates a bulge. The soft jelly gets shifted from the centre of the disk to the region where the damage has occurred on the disc. Most commonly, the bulge occurs in areas where the nerve is located and it causes strain on the affected nerve. It has been observed that individuals do not feel any painful sensations even if their disc gets damaged.
When is Surgery Recommended for Herniated Disc?
Surgery for herniated disc is recommended only after options like steroid injections, pain relievers, exercise and non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs do not work. If the pain persists even after these options, then it becomes important to go for surgery. There are certain risks involved in this surgery like infection, bleeding or nerve damage.
There are chances that the disc may get ruptured again if it is not removed. If you are a patient suffering from degenerative disc disease, then there are chances that problem occurs in other discs. It is very important that a patient maintains healthy weight to prevent any further complications.
The main factor that increases the risk of herniated disc is excess body weight, which causes a lot of stress on the lower back. A few people become heir to a tendency of developing this condition. Even individuals with physically demanding jobs are prone to this condition.
Activities like bending sideways, pushing, twisting, repetitive lifting can increase the risk of a herniated disk. At times, emergency surgery is also required to avoid paralysis in a patient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
My bone below my arm which is at the back of left hand is paining a lot from past 10 days. Actually I got heart and I usually carry my bag in the left hand which is heavy. Please advise some home remedy for the sam.
I am 30 year old male. I have pain in my all joints from last 3 months. Especially in LEFT leg limbs and ankle.
My son is 8 yrs old suffering from thumb lock. Allopathy doctor suggested as conginental disease and advised for surgery (trigger thumb release). Is there an alternate to surgery?
My wife aged 39 suffering with joints pain after chikungunya fever in August. She is not able to walk properly. Pl. Suggest how long it would continue. Consulted ayurvedic and homeopathic but no improvement. When she had allopathic treatment had severe gastric problem with stomach pain. Pl. Suggest something for immediate relief.
How to get rid of the pain in knee due to arthritis or due to anything other effect the person is facing in knee?
I have bells palsy which happened in August 2015, now the right side is shrinking as I have bells palsy at this side only. I mean to say that if I try to see up my right eye becomes small and get close. I feel pain at right side of my face and neck and shoulder. I am taking stamlo 5 for blood pressure and neurobion forte medicines. Its almost 10 months now. Will I be recover completely? Pls suggest how long I have to continue with medicines and will be ever completely cured or no?
I am 32 yrs old, nowdays I m facing muscles pain. Is it coz of lack of calcium or is it coz I left eating non veg completely over 1 1/2 year?
Helo doctor. My right hand fracture below the small finger. Wat foods I have to eat nd suggest some advice.
Hi 51 years suffering from heel pain and all over foot while stepping even if am sitting too with hot feet kindly advice regards
I am 23 yrs old girl. Have coccyx pain for 1 month. I took US for 8 days and did some back exercise also, but acute pain is same. Can I take NUCOXIA 60 for pain relief? am using donuts shaped pillow.
A painful, common condition that affects the lower part of the spine is termed as back pain. It is mostly caused by strain (muscle injury) or sprain (ligament injury). Some other causes include poor posture, improper lifting, fracture, infrequent exercise, arthritis or a ruptured disk. Usually, pain in the lower back is the only symptom.
Conventional treatment for back pain often includes
2. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
3. Weight control
If these treatments fail, then the only option left is surgery. Either discectomy (surgical procedure to relieve pressure in the disc by removing the gel-like substance in the disc) or foraminotomy (surgical procedure to expand the gaps through which the nerves pass) is performed.
However, conventional therapy usually has side-effects and only manages to suppress the problem, not cure it. If you seek a cure, Ayurveda is an excellent option. Usually, Ayurvedic remedies are non-invasive, natural and can be arranged at home.
Here are some great Ayurvedic treatments:
1. According to the principles of Ayurveda, imbalance in the doshas can lead to problems in the body. The goal of Ayurveda is to balance the doshas and heal the body from the inside. So a lot of Ayurvedic treatments comprise of foods that need to be consumed for the body to heal. For example, you can blend wheat, coriander powder, khuskhus powder and milk together, boil it for twenty minutes and then consume it at room temperature. This will relieve your pain.
2. Another thing you can do is fry garlic in coconut oil and then use the oil to massage over the affected areas on your back.
3. To restore the damaged dosha, daily purgation is suggested.
4. Practicing Yoga can go a long way in managing your pain as well. In Ayurveda, pain is seen as a result of exerting yourself too much, either emotionally or physically. If your spine needs strength, your mind must be strong first of all. So, firstly, your mind needs balance before you can focus on the affected areas. When doing Yoga, start with easy postures such as back-bends. Consult a yoga therapist or teacher before you start doing any yoga posture.