Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha PalYour feedback matters!
I have a skin itching since four years I have used so many ointments and tabs but When I use medicine problem resolves but when stop medicine problem will be back.
Doctor, my son have 6 months, since 1 week I started to give wheat at 9 am, now he started to cry in the eve also for food, Bt I have enough milk he refused to drink just before his sleep, he only drink after 1 nap, what should I do now? Shall I give food two times a day? I'm confused. Pls. Reply me.
Hi sir/madam I had an accident in which 2 of my left forearm bones hot broken, doctors did my surgery and took off the plaster and stitches after 2 weeks and it's been 4 days but I am not able to move my wrist backward and sideways, it's like a jam can you please resolve my query thank you.
I am a 32yrs old male recently i'm getting problem with blood motion after taking some medicines now its stopped the blood on motion. One of my friend saying its a piles starting stage so better to consult with doctor so what is the piles and precautions how to cure it?
Say for example I was suffering from cold and cough for a weak almost and I didn't know the reason it was sudden. But instead of taking medicines I take precautions and I was good. Now the as is should I take medicines or not.
Hi, I am 26 year old. I have been working out in gym from a few years (not very regular though). Earlier whenever I ate less for a few days, I would start feeling uneasy in the anal region and sometime little blood in stools. After noticing this, I used to start exercising regularly again and the problem used to go away. But now I am having the same problem but exercising is not helping anymore. Few drops of blood, pain during bowel movements are there. I can also notice a very small lump at the outer part of the anal region. Need advice and help.
No I haven't any addiction of any type of Drugs not a cigarette also. I am completely free from this. But I masturbate 4 times in a week. So doctor what I do now? I live at Kolkata.
I had become addicted to the habit of eating things like chalk and mud for a very long time. Now I have stopped Please let me know if I could get rid of the bad effect it has left in my body.
My mom ESR test is showing 122 mm/hour. Whats does that mean? She often got fever. What does the high value of ESR means? Any serious issue? Please reply.
It all started in Mar?92 in Chittaranjan, India(It is a small railway town). I got high fever with chills in the evening and overnight my right leg got swollen. Then doctors at local railway hospital gave some antibiotics to subsidize the fever. Pus was formed after couple of days at the bottom of the ankle. They operated and removed all the pus and infected blood. Then they did dressing for two weeks and the leg become normal. They have advised me to take tablet Hetrazan(diethylcarbamazine) 100 mg thrice daily for two months. In Nov'93 I again got the same type of fever, the local doctor thought it as malaria and gave medicines for the same for one week. When the fever has not come down due to above medicines, after initial blood tests and other examinations he diagnosed it as Filariasis. He started the course for Filariasis like Banocide forte, Florocid injection(Sodium fluoride),weekly once, Hetrazan(diethylcarbamazine) 100 mg thrice daily etc.I used the medicines for one year. The swelling subsidized little bit. In Jun'95 I went to Bangalore and consulted doctors at St. Johns Medical College, they did various tests like growth hormone, Eye Perimetry, CT Scan etc(all normal) and diagnosed that there might be minute tumor in brain. Afterwards they ruled out that also. In Nov'95 some of my friends suggested to take homeopathy medicines as there are medicines for this type of diseases in Homeopathy. I took Medicines from renowned Homeopathy doctor. I took those medicines for 2 years. While using these medicines I got swelling on my hands also. In Nov'97 I consulted a renowned internal medicine physician he did all the tests and advised to consult Endocrinologist who is a professor in a teaching institute. In Mar'98 I got high fever with the swelling in Left leg. I was admitted at local railway hospital in Chittaranjan, India and they gave some antibiotics to reduce my fever. For swelling they said they cannot do anything. In Jun'98 I consulted a doctor, who was head of Department of Endocrinologist Osmania University, Hyderabad, India . He has ruled out clearly my disease relating to his department. He has advised to consult General Physician. Then I consulted the general physician, who was a teaching professor at Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India. Through examining my case history and symptoms he diagnosed it as Filariasis I consulted various doctors at Apollo hospital (Hyderabad, India), there also they ruled out anything related to Endocrinology, There they did Lymphography test in which they diagnosed (pure drainage of lymphatic system) it as congenital lymphedema(Enclosed the report). Then in Jul'98 I went to Command Hospital (Armed Forces Medical College) Pune, India there also doctors done all the tests like MRI of brain and Growth hormone for Acromegaly or Gigantism but the test results were normal. One of our relative told to check in Unani (traditional medicine) that if there is any medicine as they are doing research in these kind of diseases; I went to Bhadrak, Orissa, India (Research Centre for Filariasis) and took Unani medicine for 6 years i.e till May'04. By using this medicine the frequent fever I used to get regularly has stopped and the swelling also subsided to some extent. In May'05 I again got the same type of fever with chills and I was admitted to command hospital Pune. My left leg got infected and the doctors operated and removed the entire puss and infected blood. Referred the case to plastic surgeon; the plastic surgeon ruled out plastic surgery as the swelling will again recur after two three years. He told to take Lymphapress therapy. He has told to do compress treatment (Putting the legs upwards with support of pillows while sleeping and crepe bandaging the legs in day time.). And also told to use Penicillin injection once in 21 days, so that it will minimize the chances of fever. After this I relocated to Hyderabad due to change in job. During these nine years I found that swelling is increasing gradually. In May'12 I went to Madurai, India and consulted a doctor of Gurumithren Hospital, he also done all type of investigations and advised me for surgery. He has advised for the bypass of the lymph nodes. Also the hospital was not that renowned and not well medically equipped. I felt the surgery little bit complicating. Also my family members were afraid that at present I able to walk and do my work and job, if suppose after such complicated surgery any secondary complication happens then I will be bedridden for life long. Even I took second opinion of the surgeons/Plastic Surgeons here in Hyderabad but they also ruled out any surgery for it. At present I am using compressive bandages and taking penicillin once in three weeks. Also I am using Ayurvedic (traditional Indian medicine) since last two years. As the swelling is increasing gradually I am finding difficulty in walking for long distance(around 1-2 miles) etc. so I consulted a Plastic Surgeon doctor at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India for any recent medical advancements. He has examined my case and advised to use Lymphapress Pump and told to contact you. please do help as i have went to many institutes for the same. it would be helpful if i get any advice from here.
age 14 years, having chest congestion for about one week now! what is the treatment you could suggests!?
I'm not a sex addicted person. I can't control myself when I see porn movie and then I do mastubation 8-9/week. So. Will it create any problem in my future married life? How can I change my this bad habits?
The kidney is the organ that helps to filter out the waste from the blood. It also helps in maintaining blood pressure. Kidney disease is the condition when the kidney fails to filter out the waste mixed with blood. These causes buildup of waste in the body. Kidney diseases can be classified into:
- Acute Kidney Injury – Acute kidney disease is the damage to the kidneys. It may be short term, but in some patients, it may lead to kidney disease. The main causes are:
- Acute kidney injury can occur due to a drug, severe infection, or radioactive dye.
- Obstruction to the urine caused by kidney stones or enlarged kidney can also lead to acute kidney injury.
- Chronic Kidney Disease – Kidney function may worsen over years and can lead to chronic kidney disease. Sometimes it can lead to end-stage kidney diseases, which requires dialysis or even transplants.
- Cyst in the kidneys.
- Acute Renal Injury: In gastroenteritis or even in case of high fever, severe dehydration results and the uncorrected dehydration can cause acute renal injury, Chronic renal injury.
- Overuse of medicines for pain like diclofenac, ibuprofen etc damage kidneys.
- Some antibiotics also cause kidney damage.
- Certain ayurvedic medication may have heavy metals as contents which can cause severe damage to kidney.
- Certain Chemicals through its vapors or ingestion in chemical factories can cause kidney damage, hence periodic kidney function tests are required in such cases.
- Damaged blood vessels of the kidney due diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Attacks on the tissues of the kidney or the immune system.
- Congenital abnormalities of the urinary tract or of the kidney.
What are the symptoms of kidney disease?
- The person may feel nausea or vomiting.
- The passing of urine may become lesser.
- Persistent fatigue and shortness of breath.
- You may have a loss of appetite.
- Swelling around the ankles and puffiness of eyes are common symptoms of kidney disease.
- The individual has pale, dry and itchy skin.
- Muscle cramps, particularly in the legs may also be a symptom of kidney disease.
What can you do to prevent kidney disease?
The best thing to do to prevent kidney disease is early detection and treatment to slow down the progression to kidney failure. Diabetes and high blood pressure can put you at high risk of having kidney diseases. People suffering from these should be extra cautious regarding their kidney’s health. Some of the common prevention techniques are:
- If you have hypertension, you have to undergo regular checks and take preventative measures such as medications and a low salt diet to keep these in check. Blood pressure must be kept around than 130/80 at most times.
- If you are suffering from diabetes then always check your and blood sugar levels and also perform regular urine tests to ensure that the kidneys are functioning normally. Control of diabetes is very important to prevent yourself from kidney disease.
- Cholesterol levels should also be under control. Ensure a healthy diet and regular exercise so that the body can flush out or stop the buildup of bad cholesterol within the body.
- Smoking and alcohol should be avoided as these can add to hypertension as well as blood sugar. Smoking should be stopped completely while alcohol can be consumed in very limited quantities once on a while. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.